SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-08, 10:30 PM   #931
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKraut
Hi everybody! This is my first post in this Forum ever

Now the reason for my posting.
When i tried to start a campaign or a single mission with the new patch1A
regardless which time or which type (tryed Type XXI in 44 and 45, Type VII in 44, Type II D in 39) ive got the Windows message: File not found CovFlagAlbania.dds.

I installed it with JSGME and yes after i got that error message the first time i tried to reinstall it but as you can imagine with no success.

Hope for help cause as i saw that the XXI is playable i couldnt wait a sec to download it and then...

Thanks for reply

1. deinstall OMv600 & OM v600 Patch 1A
2. go to Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Roster
3. confirm that the "only" directories are the following:

American
Australian
British
Canadian
Environmental
France
German
India
Japan
Netherlands
NewZealand
Russia

4. If there are "any" other directories besides the ones listed above, remove them.

Reinstall OM v600 & OM V600 Patch 1A
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-08, 10:39 PM   #932
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_daywalker
Hi folks,

may be this was asked some times ago, too but I'm not able to read 46 pages of posts.
I installed V600 of OM and all coasts of the atlantic area seem to be a bit flate for me. Yesterday I tried Dec 41 and had to go to north america. It was impossible to dive there.

And 2nd,
I fired six torpedos on an liverty frighter, all hit but this damn thing doesn't sunk.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and
Happy Holidays

Steffen

Quote:
all coasts of the atlantic area seem to be a bit flate for me. Yesterday I tried Dec 41 and had to go to north america. It was impossible to dive there.

As design. The depth of water near the coast of North America is like that in "real life"

Quote:
I fired six torpedos on an liverty frighter, all hit but this damn thing doesn't sunk.
As designed. OM uses the Ship Damage Model from RFB.
Old 12-22-08, 10:42 PM   #933
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
:hmm: how do we manage now the crews, can you put a screen shot of the crews for type II, VII and IX

I dont know what should the crew configuration be for battlestatinos depth charge submerged now that the model is ported from the one posted with the new RFB.

there in no alley per se? if I recruit people for the guns where do I put them or should I take them from other stations?

a very confused Kaleun :hmm:

"Don't" recruit people for the guns while in port

Move people from the bridge / forward torpedo room to man the guns
Old 12-23-08, 07:20 AM   #934
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default extra crew

So I should not recruit extra people while in port, what I get is the standard crew.

noted, will try to find a nice DD to work some underwater positions for crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
:hmm: how do we manage now the crews, can you put a screen shot of the crews for type II, VII and IX

I dont know what should the crew configuration be for battlestatinos depth charge submerged now that the model is ported from the one posted with the new RFB.

there in no alley per se? if I recruit people for the guns where do I put them or should I take them from other stations?

a very confused Kaleun :hmm:

"Don't" recruit people for the guns while in port

Move people from the bridge / forward torpedo room to man the guns

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 07:31 AM   #935
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
So I should not recruit extra people while in port, what I get is the standard crew.
That is correct
Old 12-24-08, 01:09 AM   #936
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

The Type XXI sails again!!!!

Thank you Lurker for including this important if vastly under used (thank the lord) boat in your mod.

Heck, thank you for the mod.

Also, on the type XXI and XXIII is there supposed to be no engine change calls from the cheif, who also seems to be missing from the control room?

I noticed this on both of the newer generation boats, the older boats still have this guy barking orders.
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-08, 09:59 AM   #937
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythos
Also, on the type XXI and XXIII is there supposed to be no engine change calls from the cheif, who also seems to be missing from the control room?

I noticed this on both of the newer generation boats, the older boats still have this guy barking orders.
I'll look into it
Old 12-26-08, 12:32 PM   #938
Indy676
Sailor man

Downloads: 6
Default Torpedos

Just looked into the Torp files and saw that the dud-chance with a 50 to 90 degree hit is 99,9%. is this correkt?
And in my opinion the ship damage model is a litle bit to hard. A 5.000 tons ship, witch was the average in WWII should be sinking with 1 hit in the right place, and a 8.000 tons ship should take on no more then 3 torps at the max. espashaly if you use magnetic pistols.
greets Indy
Indy676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-08, 01:13 PM   #939
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy676
Just looked into the Torp files and saw that the dud-chance with a 50 to 90 degree hit is 99,9%. is this correkt?
And in my opinion the ship damage model is a litle bit to hard. A 5.000 tons ship, witch was the average in WWII should be sinking with 1 hit in the right place, and a 8.000 tons ship should take on no more then 3 torps at the max. espashaly if you use magnetic pistols.
greets Indy

The mod is working "as designed"
Old 12-27-08, 02:12 AM   #940
loreed
Torpedoman

Downloads: 83
Default Targets not being seen

THis may not be an OM 600 issue but about every other attack, I lose the target (not recognized by game so no target indicator in scope and no ship symbol on map) even though its a bright sunny day and not so rough seas. I usually surface the boat and start blazing away with the deck gun at between 500 and 1000 meters. The crew still does not see the target ship. I do and have turned it into a flaming hulk by the time the merchant spotted box shows up, last time I had pounded the hapless coastal freighter for 45 minutes before the ship spotted box appeared.

I need to increase the visual sensitivity of the game, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.
loreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 09:38 AM   #941
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreed
THis may not be an OM 600 issue but about every other attack, I lose the target (not recognized by game so no target indicator in scope and no ship symbol on map) even though its a bright sunny day and not so rough seas. I usually surface the boat and start blazing away with the deck gun at between 500 and 1000 meters. The crew still does not see the target ship. I do and have turned it into a flaming hulk by the time the merchant spotted box shows up, last time I had pounded the hapless coastal freighter for 45 minutes before the ship spotted box appeared.

I need to increase the visual sensitivity of the game, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance.
From the Readme that "no seem to read" that is in the very first post of this thread.

Quote:
SPECIAL NOTE:

During testing of RFB 1.52 and operational game play of Operation Monsun Patch 3 and above, a visual detection issue with stock Silent Hunter 4 was discovered. Under a defined set of conditions, the game will consistently fail to report certain ships within visual range even though the player can see these ships. There may be cases where the player’s submarine is within 1000 yards / meters of a contact without the game generating a visual contact report. The causes of this issue are as follows:

- The values used in the “Visual” section of Sensors.cfg
- The true position of the ship from the Sub
- The date of the mission
- The latitude and longitude of the player’s submarine

What does this mean to the user?

If you are in the Northern Hemisphere (Latitude 25 degrees north or above) in the winter (November, December January), the game may not generate the ship/s location on the navigation and attack maps. The periscope’s ability to stay locked on a ship that is located clockwise from approximately bearing 280 true to bearing 050 true from the sub will be reduced to short periods of around 20 seconds before disconnecting. Once the ship in question moves south of the sub’s position the game will then allow unaffected auto TDC lock. It should be noted that the further north you go, the larger the non-detection area becomes. However, if you are in the same location in the summer (May, June, and July) you may not see this issue at all.

If you are on the equator you will see all contacts no matter what the date is.

If you are in the Southern Hemisphere, the reverse of the effect in the Northern Hemisphere applies in the winter (latitude 25 degrees south or below). From June to August the game may not generate a ship’s given location on the navigation and attack maps. The periscope’s ability to stay locked on a ship that is located clockwise from bearing 110 true to bearing 250 true from the sub will be reduced to the above-mentioned period of approximately 20 seconds. Once the ship in question moves north of the sub’s position the system will then allow unaffected auto TDC lock. It should be noted that the further south you go the larger the non-detection area becomes. In addition, as with the Northern Hemisphere if you are in the same location in the summer (November, December, and January) you may not see this issue at all.

With the addition of the NYGM AI Visual Sensor Mod and Submarine Visual Sensor Mod, this issue has been significantly magnified. Therefore, the player will have to act like a real captain and actually look through the periscope and conduct 360-degree scans to confirm the location and/or number of the ships instead of having all ships instantly and magically appear in real time. The NYGM Submarine Visual Sensor Mod's unintended result of reducing the real time satellite ability of the submarine AI to display the ships on your navigation map down to the meter/yard and the degree of ships the player doesn't even know are there adds to the “realistic uncertainty” of RFB’s game play. When using Silent Hunter 4’s “automatic targeting” option, the player will still have to work for every sinking, which is another selling point for those who want the auto TDC but disliked its 1000% accuracy.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 12-27-08 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-27-08, 11:35 AM   #942
Nets15
Watch

Downloads: 44

Hello,
First i want to tell you that this mod is really great!!
but when i satr my campaign in sep1 1939 with IX type boat i only get missions to deploy to some gird and stay there for some hours(48.72 i think)
so my question are there any more missions ?
thankis in advance
PS: sorry for my English!
Nets15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 11:57 AM   #943
robbierob2005
Watch Officer

Downloads: 83

Damn, that sig is big
robbierob2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 12:08 PM   #944
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default have you returned to base

1-when you fininsh your 48 hrs on station did the star turn grey?
2-If it did, did you send a status report (press K), select the first tab and then the envelope.
3-did you receive a new grid location?
4-proceed to this new location and do patrol
5-repeat no 2 and 3
6-when low on fuel and or ammo go back to your home port
7-refit or end mission
8-If you end mission remember to LOAD torpedoes, this is no longer done automatically
9-ask for new mission

did you do all this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets15
Hello,
First i want to tell you that this mod is really great!!
but when i satr my campaign in sep1 1939 with IX type boat i only get missions to deploy to some gird and stay there for some hours(48.72 i think)
so my question are there any more missions ?
thankis in advance
PS: sorry for my English!

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 12:16 PM   #945
Nets15
Watch

Downloads: 44

yep i did sorry for not being spesific
just when it turns grey i send my status they order me to go some other place and stay there (wery few ships pass my patroling area) and that repeats till i get back to base and then it continues
so i was just asking is there some different missions like transport some stuff or destroy a convoy?
and for what is the conning tower for nad the crew brethring?
One porblem more when i dive to periscope depht the periscome is sooo on ethe same level as the sea ant this happens when there arent big waves, i cant see nothing with my periscope!
Thanks!

Last edited by Nets15; 12-27-08 at 12:42 PM.
Nets15 is offline   Reply With Quote