SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-21-10, 03:28 PM   #76
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
DL'ed this mod last night and i really love what you have so far. You also saved me from attempting the same mod myself. This has been one of my pet peeves and you've addressed it nearly perfectly! (no CT yet, but i had already done some of that on my own, so i combined it with yours) Thank you BIGREG, i look forward to your next update!
I use the CT the most, are you going to contribute Ducimus, or wait for the OP?
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 07:57 PM   #77
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

BIGREG, I know there has been talk about the moving soup bowl and pot, but what is the reason for it? I checked it in Goblin, and in your mod, you have dial controls assigned to them, why is that?

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-10, 11:12 PM   #78
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post
About 1/3 of the gauges are now in volts. How do you like it?
Could we get the battery gauges labelled in amp-hours (Ah)?
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:23 AM   #79
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Could we get the battery gauges labelled in amp-hours (Ah)?

These are the gauges you are referring to right? Yes, it would be pretty easy to change them. mA..... what did the devs think that would run

Old 06-22-10, 12:51 AM   #80
SteelViking
The Old Man

Also, BIGREG, since you are adding real needles to a lot of gauges, I could start removing the fake ones as shown here. And, while I am at it, I could clean up the wording on the guages.

En outre, BIGREG, puisque vous ajoutez aiguilles réel à un grand nombre de jauges, je pourrais commencer à enlever les faux comme indiqué ici. Et, pendant que je suis, je pourrais nettoyer le libellé de l'gues.

Old 06-22-10, 02:53 AM   #81
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi

For SteelViking

For the objects ( newspapers,pot ,board cut ) ,they move with the inclination ( a little ) and i have make rotation and elevation for the soup
for the compressed air gauges , the are pictures in the folder that i send previously

For the conning tower dials ,Ducimus help is welcome ( if you want Ducimus i can send you my conning tower dials )

and again thank you to you SteelViking
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 03:22 AM   #82
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi

For SteelViking

For the objects ( newspapers,pot ,board cut ) ,they move with the inclination ( a little ) and i have make rotation and elevation for the soup
for the compressed air gauges , the are pictures in the folder that i send previously

For the conning tower dials ,Ducimus help is welcome ( if you want Ducimus i can send you my conning tower dials )

and again thank you to you SteelViking
You are welcome

Let me know when you need the files for the dial textures, until you need them, I might as well keep working and improving them.

Old 06-22-10, 03:40 AM   #83
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelViking View Post

These are the gauges you are referring to right? Yes, it would be pretty easy to change them. mA..... what did the devs think that would run
Yes, those ones! It would be excellent to be able to check battery status in the control room (when not using the hud), and I agree, any gauge measuring milliamps would be completely useless on a submarine.

Then again... Perhaps one gauge could be amp hours, one could be volts and the third could be amps, in which case you could check both how much juice you've got and how quick you're using it... Anyone know what the boats actually had there?
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 03:53 AM   #84
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

SteelViking ,Yes send me back the texture with the elecs guages and i get to remake the needles dials , have you a " voeux " greetings for the values ? I can do more gauges that set off at the start of electric motors

thank to Google Translator

Sorry for Capt Jack :

Yes, those ones! It would be excellent to be able to check battery status in the control room (when not using the hud)

Unfortunately, there is no 3Dmesh in . GR2 for that ,no echolot , no CO2,no lamps....

and that make few days i try to make workable levers and more... directly usual with the mouse cursor , i can highlight them with " Alt " in the game , but i need to understand how to cheat for make mouse mask

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-22-10 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 04:08 AM   #85
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Yes, those ones! It would be excellent to be able to check battery status in the control room (when not using the hud), and I agree, any gauge measuring milliamps would be completely useless on a submarine.

Then again... Perhaps one gauge could be amp hours, one could be volts and the third could be amps, in which case you could check both how much juice you've got and how quick you're using it... Anyone know what the boats actually had there?
I am afraid that I cannot do that. The same texture is used for every dial of that type. We were lucky that the electric gauges used multiple, so I just had to hunt down which ones did what. So I can change them to Ah, but they will all be like that. However, someone might be able to specifically assign different gauges to different textures, but I do not know how to do that. But hey, wait a bit and you will get all the amps and volts you want in the generator room.

Old 06-22-10, 04:15 AM   #86
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

I tried to change directly in the. GR2 addressing textures, but it gives me a "checksum error"

and more goblineditor do not like that we titillates, he likes to " plant " just before the backup

Last edited by BIGREG; 06-22-10 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 04:27 AM   #87
SteelViking
The Old Man

Here is everything needed to get the generator gauges to look like my screen shots:

http://www.filefront.com/16827759/Electric%20Gauges.7z

I have a favor to ask you BIGREG, since I am making a submarine interior mod that changes or is going to change a lot of gauge textures such as these ones, it would make our mods stay compatible if you don't edit the files I am sending you. Or, if you do edit them, send me the files with your changes made so I can stay up to date. Thank you.

Old 06-22-10, 04:51 AM   #88
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

i go to work the needles dials for the elec guages and try to make the needles more visible , and i send you back the result and if you are time you can try to change the other guages , while I remake it
Old 06-22-10, 11:03 AM   #89
SteelViking
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post

i go to work the needles dials for the elec guages and try to make the needles more visible , and i send you back the result and if you are time you can try to change the other guages , while I remake it
Thanks. I will see what I can get done.

Old 06-22-10, 07:14 PM   #90
SteelViking
The Old Man

Ok, I have done a little bit of work with some gauges. mA changed to Ah. BIGREG, I think I am going to keep the stock air pressure gauges. It would take a lot of work to make the picture you sent me look good in game. In this shot I have removed the fake needle and cleaned up the rest of the dial a little bit. I will continue to work on the pressure gauge until you can easily read the lettering at the bottom.

Tags
favorite