SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-09, 06:22 AM   #76
papa_smurf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Things going well - 12 hrs in and still no crashes (yet). Finished the Urn quest - those 4 tasks were "fun", won't go further - don't want to spoil it.
The only bug I have found, is if you have the Blood dragon DLC (got mine with the game) and you play as a Dwarf Noble, once you get exiled, to my horror you lose the breastplate! Can't seem to get it anywhere not even from the party camp

papa_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 06:39 AM   #77
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Gah, you and your BDA. Work for your armor! After beating the 4 Revenants needed, I will never take off my Juggernaut set... no matter if I'd get a nuke.. I hate those bastards.

Hehe, gotta love those dwarves, just heard one of the news guys yelling "News of the hour! Prince Bhelin attacked the assembly and he was slain. Epic fail!"

This turned to be pretty awesome game.

Now, my only concern is the story itself, looking at the codex, there isnt much that is left to be found yet I still feel like the main story has just started. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 07:41 AM   #78
papa_smurf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Gah, you and your BDA. Work for your armor! After beating the 4 Revenants needed, I will never take off my Juggernaut set... no matter if I'd get a nuke..

Not that bothered bout the BDA, got my Dwarf Waraxe and the family shield - so Im happy. Anyway I got Morrigan to turn all enemy's into ice blocks, then I smash them into ice cubes, just like in Duke Nukem 3D

Old 11-12-09, 06:58 PM   #79
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikristuseke View Post
Currently unemployed and have a lot of free time. I am just trying to figure out as much as I can about the game, not leaving any stone unturned.
Aye, me too. My friend's business went belly up, nothing but free time. Guess that downturn finally caught up.

Sank almost 80 hours into it already.

Had a chat with Zevran, seems his career needs an "open mind", as he put it. Seduce a man or a woman, it's all the same to him. I'm not entirely comfortable with the looks he's giving me, but as long as he keeps it at that, I guess there's no harm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Now, my only concern is the story itself, looking at the codex, there isnt much that is left to be found yet I still feel like the main story has just started. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Yep, got the Dwarves, Circle and Redcliff on my side. Currently starting to work for the Dalish, supposed to be the last "faction" to win support for the army, but the game tells me I just completed 33%. Seems that what we know up till this point is only half the story.

Needed almost 80 hours to complete 1/3 of the game; this is gonna take a while.

* btw the way, if you feel like slaying Flemeth, better bring the good gear.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 02:19 AM   #80
Arclight
Navy Seal

"Hey look, a Shadow Wo-AAAARGH SOMEBODY FINISH ME!!!"

"Hey look, a drago-OH GOD IT'S EATING ME!!!"

"Hey look, a Revenant... wait, where did my head roll off to?"

Old 11-13-09, 06:15 AM   #81
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
"Hey look, a Shadow Wo-AAAARGH SOMEBODY FINISH ME!!!"

"Hey look, a drago-OH GOD IT'S EATING ME!!!"

"Hey look, a Revenant... wait, where did my head roll off to?"

Haha, aye. The game is hands down the hardest and most unforgiving I've yet to play and this on normal for crying out loud!

I have constantly craploads of health potions and Morrigan is doing only healing when I go to harder battles. Seems to do the trick on most battles.

The random encounters are just crazy, this one time I came across 4 yellow named shades and one red named greater shade all attacking at the same time and from all sides. Needless to say, I reverted back to my earlier save and went somewhere else.

Ow and the golem, Shale, you get from the Stone Prisoner DLC is awesome. Kinda like Zevran, but golem. Hates birds and is constantly talking about how he'd like to crush every bird in the world. And if you go somewhere where there is birds walking around, they start to follow Shale.

Soooo much things that makes the player smile in this game. But my favorite has to be the dwarf, always drunk and talking silly;

"I'll get that dog of yours, it stole my pants!"
"You're wearing your pants!"
"Aye... but he doesnt know it. It's a part of my plan."

Brilliant stuff.
Old 11-13-09, 08:25 AM   #82
Arclight
Navy Seal

Ah, that's right, I forgot "Hey look, a Shad-I'M BURNING, OH THE HUMANITY!!!"

"You're just one lifted leg away from becoming a pair of boots."
"GRRRR"

Good stuff indeed.

Wrapped up my business with the Dalish, guess I should go see the Arl. Gonna do some side quests first though, just collected that Juggernaut suit, nice one. Think I'll head for Sulcher's Pass next. Had another go at Flemeth, but that didn't work out too well.

Old 11-13-09, 09:54 AM   #83
papa_smurf
Ocean Warrior

Currently working my way through the Circle tower - taken Alistair, Wynne and Morrigan with me (Wynne is REALLY useful with her heal spells). Just on 2nd level, found a statue turned over; looked at it found a vial, opened it - EEK a Revenant!!!.

Killed it, just used mainly hex spells to make it more vulnerable to ice/fire etc.
Still it was tough, hope I don't face more than one later on.

Once I done the tower, might go next to Sulcher's pass, then its back home to Orzammar to see whats happened since been exiled.

Old 11-13-09, 02:17 PM   #84
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Tee hee, the female characters have camel toe. (atleast Morrigan had)
Old 11-13-09, 03:16 PM   #85
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Everyone enjoying it? It's not bad at all. It's an interesting world they have created with some good ideas. About 30 hours in or so. Anyone know how to unlock the Arcane warrior class? I think I just blew unlocking Blood-mage but I guess we shall see.

I see that there is a P+P Dragon Age game coming out soon. Wonder if it will contain a written campaign setting. Wouldn't mind giving that a read through.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 03:19 PM   #86
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Aye, totally enjoying it!

Tho, I must say there's some things that are putting me down abit.

First being the difficulty. It's almost sadistic at times.

Second being the lack of rewards, I killed a red named demon once and I got normal leather boots from it.
Old 11-13-09, 03:30 PM   #87
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Aye, totally enjoying it!

Tho, I must say there's some things that are putting me down abit.

First being the difficulty. It's almost sadistic at times.

Second being the lack of rewards, I killed a red named demon once and I got normal leather boots from it.
Did you get the patch? It reduces the difficulty of the various modes a notch. To be honest, I'm playing it on easy as I find the combat a little tedious and would rather just get on with the story. So far all of the quests seem to have mostly been completed by me hitting things until they fall over. I'm hoping there is something a little less combat focussed ahead.

Although the rewards suck they aren't as bad as the inventory system. I would so much rather have individual inventories for each character. I don't like the party based one that much at all.

The money is cool. I love the way it's broken down into copper, silver and gold coins.
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 05:21 AM   #88
Arclight
Navy Seal

You can get Arcane Warrior from a soul trapped in a, ehr... think it was a gem or something. Should be a phylacterie in the ruins in the Brecilian forest. The object you need to click is just called "phylacterie", iirc, not "glass phylacterie" (which spawns a Revenant).

Yes, enjoying it very much and yes, it can be difficult. Getting jumped by a pack of Shadow Wolfs was fun; just 1 was enough to kill me with overwhelm. Just walking along and suddenly a werewolf jumps out of the shadows, pins me to the ground and rips me to pieces before anyone can help.

Old 11-14-09, 03:30 PM   #89
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Aaaand I'm done!

Have to say that the Archdemon was propably one of the easiest "boss" battles in the game.

The ending stuff was very nice, you get to read what happened afterwards with some of the people and places you visited during your play. Also, the things concerning you are hinting that we might see more Dragon Age in the future.

Right, now to play it thru again.
Old 11-14-09, 03:33 PM   #90
Arclight
Navy Seal

Does it actually matter whether you turn in supplies for your army or not? Been wondering that for a while.