SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-12, 01:02 PM   #8716
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrEZeX View Post
Thank you for your answer TDW,
I use MegaMod so I uninstalled all the parts except part 3. Part 3 contains those mods:

Even with this part I have the problem with cursor and there are no mods that include new units...
Run the DbgView app found in \data\Applications. Run this before starting game. When the problem happens exit game. Send me the full DbgView output via PM This will tell me what's going on.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 01:08 PM   #8717
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Ok, now I ONLY installed New UI 6.9.0 and I have still those issues. I will run the debugger and post it soon.
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 01:09 PM   #8718
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
I seem to have the same issue (see private message). I sunk a number of ships, but only the first three get restored on the map. And they are displayed everytime, although I disabled the DMs on the map. If I enable and disable them, they are gone until next load. They are in the journal seemingly correct, although sometimes double.....
sounds like you found a bug I'll look into this
Old 04-07-12, 01:21 PM   #8719
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Ok, this was a fast one. What I did was that I started the Lifeboat test mission and used my binoculars to look at a German ship. After a short while the cursor "popped out" from the view mode. I den quit the mission. Here is the log file.
Old 04-07-12, 02:14 PM   #8720
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok, this was a fast one. What I did was that I started the Lifeboat test mission and used my binoculars to look at a German ship. After a short while the cursor "popped out" from the view mode. I den quit the mission. Here is the log file.
That DbgView log didn't tell me anything or expose any problems. I've added more debug output to the checking of sunk ships for test purposes to see if this is the problem or not.
Unzip and place these in the mods \data\Scripts\Menu folder. Let them overwrite the old ones. Run the DbgView before starting game and when problem happens exit game. I'll need to see the DbgView output once again
Old 04-07-12, 02:17 PM   #8721
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Sorry but I don't understand. What should I unzip and place in the mods \data\Scripts\Menu?
Old 04-07-12, 02:20 PM   #8722
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Sorry but I don't understand. What should I unzip and place in the mods \data\Scripts\Menu?
It would help if I gave the link to the files: http://www.mediafire.com/?51e3f3b3g3ctyte
Old 04-07-12, 02:35 PM   #8723
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Ok, I've copied those files in \data\scripts\menu, started the DebugView and launched the game. Two times did the mouse "unclicked" when I was looking through binoculars, the first time in the very begging and the last time just before I exit the game. Here is the log file. Hope it helps.
Old 04-07-12, 02:52 PM   #8724
PrEZeX
Helmsman

I'm not a programmer nor a modder but when I look on the debug file there are some entries that seems to happen before the mouse "unclicking" and those are:

PCL: Checking for sunk ships...
Number of sunken ships found=0
Number of sunken ships last found=0

Don't know if it has something to do with it. The mouse problem does not happen only when ships are damaged.. It happens at random and always at the beginning.
Old 04-07-12, 03:01 PM   #8725
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok, I've copied those files in \data\scripts\menu, started the DebugView and launched the game. Two times did the mouse "unclicked" when I was looking through binoculars, the first time in the very begging and the last time just before I exit the game. Here is the log file. Hope it helps.
Everything looks normal. Try playing the game longer, say at least 15 mins. This way I can see if there's anything irai going on.
Old 04-07-12, 03:10 PM   #8726
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I'm not a programmer nor a modder but when I look on the debug file there are some entries that seems to happen before the mouse "unclicking" and those are:

PCL: Checking for sunk ships...
Number of sunken ships found=0
Number of sunken ships last found=0

Don't know if it has something to do with it. The mouse problem does not happen only when ships are damaged.. It happens at random and always at the beginning.
At the beginning this can happen if the mod finds some sunken ships. There's a timer that has to time out before I allow it to check for sunk ships. The way I get the sunk ships can cause the mouse to "unclick". So if this happens within the first 2 minutes of playing the game this is normal. If it continues to happen then there's a problem. That's why I asked you to play the game for a minimum of 15 minutes to see if the problem is still there. When you're done I'd like to see the full dbgview output again
Old 04-07-12, 03:12 PM   #8727
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Just tried to run the game without any mods to double-check and I didn't have any issues with my mouse. I'll try to run it with New UI now a little bit longer and will post my debug log soon.
Old 04-07-12, 03:58 PM   #8728
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Ok, now I've played a little bit longer. The mouse "unclicked" in the beginning of the game then when the ships engaged with each other and once more when a ship where destroyed. After I ordered a emergency dive and was under water I had no "unclick" problems but instead when I went to the map view and out again the mouse was stuck in view mode and I managed to get the cursor view by repeatedly clicking right and left mouse button. Here is the log.
Old 04-07-12, 04:34 PM   #8729
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok, now I've played a little bit longer. The mouse "unclicked" in the beginning of the game then when the ships engaged with each other and once more when a ship where destroyed. After I ordered a emergency dive and was under water I had no "unclick" problems but instead when I went to the map view and out again the mouse was stuck in view mode and I managed to get the cursor view by repeatedly clicking right and left mouse button. Here is the log.
Which map view are you talking about? The navigation map or the TAI?

I do see something that I could improve with the mod. It appears that you had some ships that were fighting with each other. One/some of those ships ended up being destroyed by another and the mod intercepted the destroyed ship and checked to see if it was in the captain's log or not. It appears that I need to test a radius around the destroyed unit to see if you are near it or not. What I really need is a trigger from the captain's log to fire when a new item is added to it...
Old 04-07-12, 04:38 PM   #8730
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Sorry for not being clear. I was in navigation map trying to calculate a route to escape ships. It was the Lifeboat test mission I've played and it begins with some ships on a collision course that engage with each other after a short while and indeed some are destroyed. I'm glad that there is a solution but i honestly don't know what you are talking about.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui