SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-01-12, 02:37 AM   #8686
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Is it only me who gets CTD when pressing 'depth under keel' icon in SH5 improved interface?
Some others have posted about ctd with duk - they had not updated to v1.2
Old 04-01-12, 09:07 AM   #8687
Nickwilliams
Swabbie

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 0

Hi gang. Can anyone tell me what setting to change using optionsfileEditorviewer so that when I look at my charts, the ships I have already identified show their type/class on the navmap/TAI. At the moment I can see ships on the navmap/TAI but get no information about them like I used to in SH3 and SH4. I'm attacking convoys and it's really confusing. Anyone help?
Nickwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-12, 10:12 AM   #8688
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwilliams View Post
Hi gang. Can anyone tell me what setting to change using optionsfileEditorviewer so that when I look at my charts, the ships I have already identified show their type/class on the navmap/TAI. At the moment I can see ships on the navmap/TAI but get no information about them like I used to in SH3 and SH4. I'm attacking convoys and it's really confusing. Anyone help?

For extra info about targets on the map when you click them-

To show unit name when in scope view

With this one - you can hover your mouse over a map unit and it will give speed etc

Old 04-02-12, 03:26 PM   #8689
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98

I have a question regarding "No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth_1_1_0". Does this disable spotting while submerged beyond the periscope depth or even when you are at periscope depth with the periscope up?

Last edited by PrEZeX; 04-02-12 at 03:44 PM.
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 06:49 AM   #8690
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrEZeX View Post
I have a question regarding "No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth_1_1_0". Does this disable spotting while submerged beyond the periscope depth or even when you are at periscope depth with the periscope up?
IIRC this disables spotting once your depth exceeds 8m. Periscope up makes no difference. Depth of sub determines when spotting is disabled.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 07:13 AM   #8691
PrEZeX
Helmsman

Downloads: 98

Okey, thank you TDW
PrEZeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:30 AM   #8692
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Downloads: 27

Hi all,

I've decided to give SH5 another chance after becoming completely disenchanted with it on first release. I am therefore basically a complete newbie .

I see here that there are now a bewildering amount of mods for it and this multiple UI mod by DarkWraith seems to fit most of my requirements perfectly. Many thanks DarkWraith for what looks like an astronomical amount of work. You have done an astonishing job, no question .

My SH5 version is patched to V1.2 as required and I am using the JSGME mod utility. I have used it for many other games so I am familiar with how it works. The only mod I have installed is 'NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith'.

My issue is this:
When the mod is enabled, the submarine controls, bottom left of screen, vertical bar, do not seem to work at all. I can neither surface, Dive, go to periscope depth etc, etc. If I attempt to click on any of the icons I get a secondary red indicator triangle appearing and then fading away and no control acknowledgement (vocal) or action.

The engine speed bar works except for the red indicator triangle. Also the speed indicator remains at zero.

So, although I can move forward or back at all available speed options, the actual speed indicator remains at zero and I can neither dive, surface, go to periscope depth, crash dive or blow ballast, which you have to admit, makes for a pretty useless submarine. I can, ping the depth below keel though .

If I disable the mod in JSGME all function is returned to working condition. I would dearly like to use this mod though, as it includes a great deal of things I was wishing for all in one package.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
[SJ]Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 08:51 AM   #8693
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Be sure to check and double-check the folder structure of the unzipped mod. The original download file contains a lot of mods so you can mix and match as much as you please , but it does mean that you have to double-check the folder structure under the MODS folder in your sh5.exe directory as you may end up with too many levels below.

Rule of thumb: the folders in your MODS folder have to have the mod name. Inside the folder named after your mod, you have to have a "data" folder. If the "data" folder is 'further on down' in the folder structure, you need to correct that.
Old 04-03-12, 09:44 AM   #8694
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Thanks for the quick reply Misha . They say a picture is worth a thousand words (or something like that). So do you mean like this?

I've used the JSGME utility in many games so I'm pretty sure I've got this bit right. The games main installation directory is simply called "GAME" in case you were wondering. It's just my weird filing conventions but it works for me .

That mouse lag thing is pretty annoying too. Tried kegety's fix to no avail.
Old 04-03-12, 10:28 AM   #8695
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78

Yep, that looks about right (with one exception: You need to look into the folder with the scopes mods and pick the one that you want, because the one you have in the MODS folder is the "master" folder containing all of the "sub-mods", if you'll pardon the pun , but that shouldn't affect your UI at all.)

Unfortunately, that means that I have no idea why your UI isn't working properly.

Over to you, TDW.
Old 04-03-12, 10:47 AM   #8696
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Thanks Misha. I'll check out the scopes thing. Anyway the issue seems to have been solved. I took the time to re-install the game and then try the mod again. This time it worked. looks like some file or other must have got corrupted somewhere along the line.

So it looks like I can enjoy this awesome mod package now. I'm sure I'll have more things to ask about soon
Old 04-03-12, 12:19 PM   #8697
sonicboom0101
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

hi! does the stadimeter work with this mod? ... also, i can't seem to gethe dials to show in periscope? ... i've changed the user options with notepad but to no avail, any idea?
sonicboom0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 03:26 PM   #8698
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

@TDW,

Is it possible that a crash dive automaticaly invokes battle stations? I don't think that any kaleun would give a crash dive order not meaning 'beat to quarters!'

Another thing I noted is that when giving a crash dive order you are teleported, say, to obs. scope, it is fine but if you then press Esc you are returned to the conning tower that can be well under-water by that time.
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-12, 04:18 PM   #8699
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom0101 View Post
hi! does the stadimeter work with this mod? ... also, i can't seem to gethe dials to show in periscope? ... i've changed the user options with notepad but to no avail, any idea?
You have not installed the mod correctly.
Open the folder for any mod before you install it and check the the next folder down is a "data" folder.
Old 04-05-12, 10:56 AM   #8700
Factor_X
Watch

Downloads: 136

I'd like to say it's a fantastic work.
I'm testing this mod right now, with a lot of other mods.

Thank you for your work TDW and all the community.

Meanwhile, I have two questions :

- Is it still necessary to install the depth keeping fix ? (because it overrides some files so I don't know about it)

- Is there a way to get the objective icons and guidance icons work properly? (especially in the pre-campaign first tutorial mission)

Thanks again for making this game fun.
Factor_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui