SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-12, 11:57 AM   #8461
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromhell View Post
in UI options file there is something called SOAN, what is this please?
many thanks.
Ships Of All Nations - it's another type of recognition manual that gives you much more information than the stock one. To see it:
- activate the charts icon on the top right upper bar
- drag SOAN out from upper left side of screen (a little brown tab will be sticking out)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 02:37 PM   #8462
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0
Default RE: Soan Not showing Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Ships Of All Nations - it's another type of recognition manual that gives you much more information than the stock one. To see it:
- drag SOAN out from upper left side of screen (a little brown tab will be sticking out)
My Soan Is Missing , I went into the options py file editor and saw that it is enabled . However it has disapeered . I went alll over my screen looking for the brown tab and its nowere too be found . I un-installed the mod and re-installed and still the soan is missing . is it very important to send mast hiight to the TDC ? I know when caculating for RAFOB . that it is ! GRR !! Scratching my head , The charts are visable but the SOAN IS MISSING

Last edited by Captain_AJ; 01-15-12 at 04:10 PM.
Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 02:37 PM   #8463
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I can only add that the ships in the soan do not coinside with the ships usually displayed (when recognised) in the Captains notepad which is added by "TDW NewUI Reaper7 Nightvision" - optional mod (that replace the "head" of XO officer - icon). F.e., several small freighters in game that are added by "mtns" and OHII-ships when recognised are anymated in this notepad as "German Pinguin type", but all the dimensions are correct and coinside with SOAN.
That is not critical issue, but IMHO it's not very comfortable to have at least 2 notepads opened (in addition to other interface elements too many devices on the screen to operate with)
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 04:49 PM   #8464
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimuraijn View Post
My Soan Is Missing , I went into the options py file editor and saw that it is enabled . However it has disapeered . I went alll over my screen looking for the brown tab and its nowere too be found . I un-installed the mod and re-installed and still the soan is missing . is it very important to send mast hiight to the TDC ? I know when caculating for RAFOB . that it is ! GRR !! Scratching my head , The charts are visable but the SOAN IS MISSING
that means you have changed your screen resolution at one point. Go into your main Silent Hunter 5 folder and delete all the Pagex_Draggables.TDW to reset draggable positions
Old 01-15-12, 08:37 PM   #8465
Scythan
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Quick Help

Hey guys I need a little assistance, I just got and installed the latest version of NewUIs mod, and went into the applications to set my options, I set many things such as the course dial not zooming on mouse-over and the camera bar set to not visible, yet I see none of these changes in game, I ensured I selected the MENU.txt in the MOD folder and set the options in "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu"

yet still, the changes I make in the options application do not appear in game.

I know I am doing something wrong, please lend me a hand?
Scythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 08:45 PM   #8466
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan View Post
Hey guys I need a little assistance, I just got and installed the latest version of NewUIs mod, and went into the applications to set my options, I set many things such as the course dial not zooming on mouse-over and the camera bar set to not visible, yet I see none of these changes in game, I ensured I selected the MENU.txt in the MOD folder and set the options in "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunter 5\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scrip ts\Menu"

yet still, the changes I make in the options application do not appear in game.

I know I am doing something wrong, please lend me a hand?
Did you disable the mod first before making changes?

Disable mod. Make changes. Re-enable mod.
Old 01-15-12, 09:11 PM   #8467
Scythan
Swabbie

Ah ha! Yep that's it. I was unaware of the need to do that. So much text with this mod! But it is truly fabulous and fixes game-breaking errors thank you for all the support.

While I have you here just one more passing question: is it possible to disable the "minimaps" appearing every time I go to TDC or the torpedo sight on the bridge?
Again thanks for your help
Old 01-15-12, 11:30 PM   #8468
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ah ha! Yep that's it. I was unaware of the need to do that. So much text with this mod! But it is truly fabulous and fixes game-breaking errors thank you for all the support.

While I have you here just one more passing question: is it possible to disable the "minimaps" appearing every time I go to TDC or the torpedo sight on the bridge?
Again thanks for your help
don't understand what you mean by minimaps....maybe a screenshot to help clarify?
Old 01-16-12, 12:36 AM   #8469
Scythan
Swabbie

Using a screenshot here commandeered from this very site; I am talking about this mico-nav-map that appears in all torpedo-targeting scopes that all seem to have similar three-letter names that stand for things in German. I did not want to misquote them and have you misunderstand me, but my problem is not the existence of this, only the fact it "auto" opens every-time I switch to one of these scopes, such as UZO, Attack Periscope etc. I looked but could not find an option entry I was certain could disable the "auto-start" of these micro-maps every time I look into one of these scopes, such as the attack periscope.

I didn't want to break anything else in the search, either.

Sorry for the miscommunication!

This thing here!
Old 01-16-12, 12:48 AM   #8470
Scythan
Swabbie

Default Just One More Thing..

While I have all you guys here, answering all my long-sought-after questions with all the little points of annoyance I've had with this game, I'll toss out my lass real concern, and that is the obstruction of my view on the bridge due to what I am going to say is a radio antennae or RADAR. It's large, in your face shaped like a circle and has a perfectly sized hole it could easily slide in.

Can it slide into aforementioned slot? Knowing you'll not understand what I am talking about I've included the below screenshot but it spins sometimes, not all the time and definitely looks like it could slip into the slot - I was curious if I could get it to, just to clear my view up a little bit?

The Evil Loop!
Old 01-16-12, 01:40 AM   #8471
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Using a screenshot here commandeered from this very site; I am talking about this mico-nav-map that appears in all torpedo-targeting scopes that all seem to have similar three-letter names that stand for things in German. I did not want to misquote them and have you misunderstand me, but my problem is not the existence of this, only the fact it "auto" opens every-time I switch to one of these scopes, such as UZO, Attack Periscope etc. I looked but could not find an option entry I was certain could disable the "auto-start" of these micro-maps every time I look into one of these scopes, such as the attack periscope.

I didn't want to break anything else in the search, either.

Sorry for the miscommunication!
ah that is the TAI. And yes you can make it not appear when you go to scope station. The user option you are looking for is under the TAI options tab. You're looking for 'Switch to TAI mode when obs, attack, or UZO station activated in that tab. Set it to False
Old 01-16-12, 01:43 AM   #8472
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
While I have all you guys here, answering all my long-sought-after questions with all the little points of annoyance I've had with this game, I'll toss out my lass real concern, and that is the obstruction of my view on the bridge due to what I am going to say is a radio antennae or RADAR. It's large, in your face shaped like a circle and has a perfectly sized hole it could easily slide in.

Can it slide into aforementioned slot? Knowing you'll not understand what I am talking about I've included the below screenshot but it spins sometimes, not all the time and definitely looks like it could slip into the slot - I was curious if I could get it to, just to clear my view up a little bit?

The Evil Loop!
That is the DF loop (direction finder). Your radioman uses it to determine direction radio signals are coming from. You can make it stop spinning and hide in the slot though it's not easy to do. You have to use Goblin Editor and remove the controllers I placed on it to make it rise/hide based on depth and to make it spin randomly. You'll need to edit the \data\Objects\Sensors\UBoot_Sensors.sim file.
Old 01-16-12, 02:57 PM   #8473
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Should the Automation Scripts that are actually on when you save the game, be on again when you load that game ?

Thanks for help.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 04:00 PM   #8474
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
Should the Automation Scripts that are actually on when you save the game, be on again when you load that game ?

Thanks for help.
Yep. That's the way it's coded. Any Active (running) scripts are saved to a file and restarted when you restart the game
Old 01-16-12, 04:31 PM   #8475
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Thanks for answer. It´s not happening to me so i have enable the debugger to see if i find the reason. If i can´t i´ll ask for your help again.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui