Closed Thread

Old 10-13-22, 01:14 PM   #7321
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ You know it would contradict what a friend wrote about the Russian army and it's might.

Not so long ago about an hour ago I read a long written issue on my friends wall on how good the Ruskies are and they wasn't run over-They withdraw in order.

While reading it I was thinking in inviting him to our forum and this thread.

I made the choice not to.

Markus
The fronts tells the might of the Rusky this army has surpassed Napoleons and Hitlers army in tenfold loser status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 10-13-22, 01:22 PM   #7322
Dargo
Admiral

Thanks to the generosity of the russian federation, the first batch of new T-90A tanks entered into service with #UAarmy. Particularly generous because at the same time the ruscists are launching a program to restore 60-year-old T-62 tanks for their own armed forces. https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1580574413220876289

Quote:
Old 10-13-22, 01:26 PM   #7323
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
The fronts tells the might of the Rusky this army has surpassed Napoleons and Hitlers army in tenfold loser status.
I can only speak for myself:
I do NOT know what's going on at the battlefield in Ukraine-I have chosen to take the standpoint Pro Ukraine and believe what is said about Ukraine, it's army and what's happening to the Russian army.

Furthermore.

This story had confused me-What do they mean by the Sky over Ukraine is being closed/is now closed ?

Quote:
The closing of the Ukrainian sky begins
https://twitter.com/TpyxaNews/status...90873846616064

The answer was in the comments.

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-13-22, 01:31 PM   #7324
Dargo
Admiral

Signals from Moscow that they may support an evacuation of at least some people from Kherson. A sign possible of two things--the Russian Army there is not in the best of shape, and they are already starting to feel a supply pinch.
Russia announces Kherson evacuation, raising fears city will become frontline

Deputy PM says residents will be helped to move away from southern Ukrainian region partly occupied by invaders Moscow has announced it will evacuate Kherson after an appeal from the Russian-installed head of the region, raising fears the occupied city at the heart of the south Ukrainian oblast will become a new frontline.

Marat Khusnullin, a Russian deputy prime minister, told state television on Thursday that residents would be helped to move away from the region in south Ukraine, which remains only partly occupied by invading troops due to a successful Ukrainian counterattack in recent months.

“The government took the decision to organise assistance for the departure of residents of the [Kherson] region to other regions of the country,” Khusnullin said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...come-frontline

Quote:
Old 10-13-22, 01:35 PM   #7325
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I can only speak for myself:
I do NOT know what's going on at the battlefield in Ukraine-I have chosen to take the standpoint Pro Ukraine and believe what is said about Ukraine, it's army and what's happening to the Russian army.

Furthermore.

This story had confused me-What do they mean by the Sky over Ukraine is being closed/is now closed ?

https://twitter.com/TpyxaNews/status...90873846616064

The answer was in the comments.
Yes, me to a no-fly zone of Ukraine would mean NATO enforcing that but that they're not saying and anti-air defense systems NATO does not have enough to close Ukraine airspace either.

Quote:
Old 10-13-22, 03:20 PM   #7326
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Norwegian NRK writes:

Quote:
Russian arrested on his way out of Norway with drones
A Russian has admitted to flying drones in Norway after he was arrested by Norwegian police on his way to Russia

Norwegian police arrested a Russian man on Tuesday who was trying to cross the Norwegian-Russian border with two drones in his possession. This is according to the state-owned broadcaster NRK.

The Russian admits to having flown the drone in Norway, his defence lawyer tells the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.

The Russian was arrested in Storskog, a border crossing between Norway and Russia on Tuesday. Large amounts of film were seized, NRK reports.

Storskog is located in the region of Troms and Finnmark.

- He was stopped at Storskog on 11 October on his way out of Norway. It was a normal check by customs and police, where they discovered drones in his luggage, says police prosecutor Anja Mikkelsen Indbjør in Finnmark police district to NRK.

On Thursday, the man was brought before a judge for remand in custody. The police asked for two weeks in prison, while the man asked to be released, says the defense.

The man is charged with violating the sanctions law and sanctions regulations, which came into force after Russia invaded Ukraine.

According to NRK, the paragraph stipulates that Russian companies may not fly to Norway.

In addition to the drones, the man also had several hard drives with him. The police will review the seizure and look at the extent and content of the drone recordings.

Minister of Justice in Norway Emilie Enger Mehl from the Centre Party (Sp) has been informed about the case.

- According to the sanctions regulations, it is forbidden for Russian persons to fly drones in Norway.

- We have recently taken a number of measures to make ourselves better equipped to meet an increased intelligence threat and opportunities to avoid someone circumventing the sanctions rules, says the Minister of Justice.

If the charges against the man are extended, the Norwegian intelligence service, PST, will take over the investigation. The PST tells the VG newspaper that it has been actively involved in the case.

- PST is in close contact with the local police, and the preliminary investigation will help to determine whether the investigation should be taken over by PST or continue with the local police, says communications manager Trond Hugubakken to VG.

PST says it is too early to say whether the drone flight may be espionage

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 10-13-22, 03:56 PM   #7327
Dargo
Admiral

Default Accumulation of Russian troops in Belarus may cause threat of second attack on Kyiv

The joint regional group created and the increase in the number of Russian troops on the territory of Belarus can be used to attack Ukraine.

This was announced by the Commander of the United Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Lieutenant General Serhii Naiev, on the air of the telethon, іnforms Censor.NЕТ with reference to АrmyInform.

"With the accumulation of forces and means of the armed forces of the Belarusian and Russian Federation will pose a threat of a repeat offensive in the northern operational zone, in particular, against the city of Kyiv. The level of these military threats is constantly measured by intelligence and partners. We are also responding to an increase in this threat, taking measures to ensure that our troops are in appropriate numbers and with higher capabilities. As of now, the situation is fully under control, and we are ready for an offensive from the Republic of Belarus as of today," Naiev said.

In addition, he noted that currently on the territory of Belarus there are servicemen of the Russian Armed Forces - about 1,000 people. There are also six Russian strike aircraft, four rocket launchers of tactical operational complex "Iskander" and 12 surface-to-air missile systems S-400.

"There are activities to prepare the airfield network and infrastructure for the deployment of Russian troops at this base on the territory of Belarus. Today another check on the readiness of the armed forces of the Republic of Belarus to act, train, and deploy to certain areas has been announced on the territory of the Republic of Belarus. That is another demonstration of their readiness and artificial increase in the degree of tension," said Naiev. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373610

Quote:
Old 10-14-22, 03:48 AM   #7328
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ukrainian officials have urged the Red Cross to conduct a mission to a notorious prison camp in the Russia-occupied east of the country.

The Ukrainian president's chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, demanded that the Red Cross (ICRC) visit the Olenivka prison in Donetsk within three days.

"We just can't waste more time. Human lives are at stake," he tweeted.

Last month, the Red Cross tried to secure access to the camp, but said it was denied by Russian authorities.

The Olenivka prison has been under the control of Russian-backed authorities in Donetsk since 2014, and conditions are said to be extremely poor.

In July, dozens of Ukrainian prisoners were killed in explosions at the camp, which both sides blamed on each other. Kyiv said the prison was targeted by Russia to destroy evidence of torture and killing, while Moscow blamed Ukrainian rockets. Without an independent investigation, however, the truth remains unknown.

Those detained at the site include members of the Azov battalion, who were the last defenders of the city of Mariupol and whom Russia has sought to depict as neo-Nazis and war criminals.

This is not the first time Ukraine has applied pressure to international organisations to investigate what is going on at the prison.

Mr Yermak said he had raised the issue again during a video conference with officials from the ICRC and other international organisations.

He has demanded the trip be made by Monday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63251927

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-14-22, 03:51 AM   #7329
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-14-22, 03:57 AM   #7330
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russia since beginning of war - about 64,300 people, 268 planes, 240 helicopters, 2521 tanks, 1566 artillery systems, 5172 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian invaders, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of October 14, the loss of enemy personnel are approximately 64,300.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 14/10 are approximately:

personnel - about 64,300 (+500) people were liquidated,
tanks - 2521 (+10) units,
armored combat vehicles - 5172 (+5) units,
artillery systems - 1566 (+107) units,
MLRS - 362 (+5) units,
air defense equipment - 186 (+3) units,
aircraft - 268 (+0) units,
helicopters - 240 (+0) units,
UAVs of operational-tactical level - 1199 (+17),
cruise missiles - 316 (+0),
ships/boats - 16 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 3944 (+9) units,
special equipment - 142 (+2). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373651

Old 10-14-22, 03:59 AM   #7331
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia has 25-28% of number of missiles left as of February 24 - Danilov

Russia has already spent 2/3 of the missiles it had at the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine.

This was stated by the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Oleksiy Danilov, reports Censor.NЕТ with reference to Gordon.

Danilov was asked how many missiles Russia has left and if the time is near when it won't be able to use them.

"I can say that that time is already approaching. Our intelligence works flawlessly. We know with mathematical error the number of missiles left on the territory of the Russian Federation. We are talking about high-precision missiles, which are the most troublesome for us," answered the NSDC secretary.

Soviet-era missiles, such as the S-300 anti-aircraft missiles, Russia "still has some," but there are far fewer than there have been since the start of the invasion, Danilov said.

"The terrorist country, the aggressor country Russian Federation is getting weaker, weaker and weaker again every day. We are monitoring all these things. I have no right to give you the absolute numbers you want to hear from me. But if we take percentages, we are talking about 25-28% of the total number they had as of February 24," added the secretary of the NSDC. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3373627

Old 10-14-22, 04:26 AM   #7332
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
They dream thnat all terriotry will one day be denied to missiles gettign thorugh. They just got that German missiole defence system, and clap hands over that, thats all.

You cannot defend ALL airspace over such a huge landmass with short and medium range systems, air defences in Ukraine always will be just punctual, like they are anywhere else, too. The Europeans just relaise that there'S are like that, too, and want to beef it up in coming years. Especially the German air space - what a surprise - is an open hole in the sky. We were so bright to think we do not need air defence anynmore, and then dismantled our last remaining dedicated air defence unit, already years ago. We currently have no defence potential against drones, for exmaple, AFAIK.
Old 10-14-22, 07:34 AM   #7333
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ thinking of Germany and its capabilities two statements from long ago come to mind:
"Das Reich hat kein Dach" and
"Wir haben noch zwei einsatzfähige Strahljäger"
(April 1945, probably)

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-14-22, 12:55 PM   #7334
Dargo
Admiral

Default Crimea bridge: Russia 'to repair blast damage by July 2023'

Russia's government has ordered contractors to finish repairs to a key bridge linking annexed Crimea to Russia by July 2023.

The bridge was damaged by a blast last Saturday which officials say left at least three people dead.

Russia blamed Ukraine for the attack but Kyiv has not said it was behind it.

The 19km (12-mile) bridge, Europe's longest, is a key supply route for Russian forces in Ukraine, but heavy goods vehicles are unable to use it.

The explosion caused midway sections of one of the two carriageways of the bridge to collapse into the sea and also damaged the railway line.

Currently, lorries are forced to queue for a ferry, in a process which is thought to take several days.

The bridge has, however, been reopened for rail and light road traffic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63255611

Quote:
Old 10-14-22, 01:00 PM   #7335
Dargo
Admiral

Default Second offensive from Belarus: "they have no reserves and no forces"

The Office of President Volodymyr Zelenskyi once again emphasized the impossibility of a second offensive from Belarus.

"Russia still wants to pressure Belarus to take part in the ground operation. Belarus does not have the reserves and forces for this, and cannot do it physically. Therefore, Belarus conducts all the information operations that indicate that they seem to be actively involved in something... We clearly see the readiness of Belarus to conduct training or certain actions that should simulate something in a military sense. Not more than that," Mykhailo Podolyak, the anti-crisis adviser to the OP chairman , said in a comment to Radio Liberty.

At the same time, according to him, Ukraine, "understanding certain risks," strengthened its defenses on the Belarusian border. Currently, Belarus is not a direct participant in the full-scale war in Ukraine, but it is providing logistical support to the Russian invasion, which began on February 24, when some Russian troops entered Ukraine through the Belarusian border.

Lukashenka's regime granted Russian troops access to the territory of Belarus, from where Russian forces carry out sorties to bombard Ukrainian cities, as well as launch missiles into the territory of Ukraine.

International sanctions were introduced against Belarus for complicity in the war started by Russia. Oleksandr Lukashenko acknowledged the participation of Belarus in Russia's war against Ukraine , but emphasized that Belarusians "do not kill anyone."

On October 10, the anti-crisis adviser to the head of the President's Office Mykhailo Podolyak assured that there is currently no question of a repeated invasion of Ukraine by Belarus.

At the same time , in a comment to Radio Liberty , the Secretary of the NSDC, Oleksiy Danilov, noted that Ukraine "cannot rule out anything", therefore it is actively preparing for any scenarios.

On October 11, Ukrainian intelligence reported that Russia was transferring Shahed-136 Iranian kamikaze drones to Belarus, and was exporting ammunition and equipment from it.

https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/news-.../32083794.html

Quote:
Closed Thread