SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-01-23, 12:20 PM   #7066
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 02:20 PM   #7067
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ about time.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 02:46 PM   #7068
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

His time in congress was historic.

Last edited by ET2SN; 12-01-23 at 04:11 PM.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 03:18 PM   #7069
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

He'll be replaced by a Democrat by the Dem state governor, further eroding the GoPs razor thin margin.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 03:35 PM   #7070
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I think it's terrible that serial liar and fraudster George Santos was expelled from the House of Representatives. George only did what many others do.

* Okay, Okay. I admit I was bribed and " paid " to say this because I was plyed with free cookies and coffee and treats at George's office. *

George Santos was an embarrassment and liability to the Republican Party. I'm happy at least some Republican's had the Integrity to oust Santos.
Now, It's time for the Democrats to show the same Integrity and do the same and get rid of Menedez.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 04:04 PM   #7071
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Newsom: Ron has literally the worst mental health system in America. Forgive me outside of Mississippi and Texas..

DeSantis: *hold up feces map*

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 04:49 PM   #7072
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Now, It's time for the Democrats to show the same Integrity and do the same and get rid of Menedez.

Won't happen anytime soon i'll bet. The Dems majority in the Senate is even more razor thin than the Repubes in the HoR.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 06:33 PM   #7073
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Newsom: Ron has literally the worst mental health system in America. Forgive me outside of Mississippi and Texas..

DeSantis: *hold up feces map*

If I was Ron no way I'd have gone into that debate without an apple in my pocket.
Old 12-01-23, 06:48 PM   #7074
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Won't happen anytime soon i'll bet. The Dems majority in the Senate is even more razor thin than the Repubes in the HoR.
You may well be right, politics being what it is. However, Senator John Fetterman of Pennsylvania has called for fellow Democrat, Senator Robert Menedez to also be expelled. John Fetterman has essentially said, how can you expel George Santos who is a chronic liar, loser and also a criminal and not take action against Menedez ? Senator Menendez is essentially a traitor and has accepted bribes and his actions are more sinister. This is prefaced by the fact that neither Santos or Menedez, although charged, have been convicted.

Quote: Sen. Menendez allegedly tried to use his position to benefit the Egyptian government and New Jersey businessmen in exchange for hundreds of thousands of dollars for himself and his wife. The bribes allegedly included gold bars, a luxury convertible, cash and mortgage payments.

“Senator Menendez needs to go, and if you are going to expel Santos, how can you allow somebody like Menendez to remain in the Senate?” Fetterman asked. “He has the right for his day in court and all that but he doesn’t have the right to have those kinds of votes and things that — that’s not a right. And I think we need to make that kind of decision to send him out.”

Menendez was first indicted along with his wife on federal bribery and extortion charges in September for allegedly accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes in cash, gold bars, a Mercedes-Benz C-300 convertible and home mortgage payments in exchange for using the senator’s position to benefit the businesspeople and the government of Egypt between 2018 and 2022.

In October, federal prosecutors accused him of secretly acting as an agent of the government of Egypt, while serving as chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. The senator has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/j...t-the-view-abc

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...lsion-00129697

Maybe this is the first step in cleaning their respective houses. Sen. John Fetterman deserves a lot of credit for taking a stand against a fellow Democrat.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 12-01-23 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-01-23, 08:02 PM   #7075
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
I think it's terrible that serial liar and fraudster George Santos was expelled from the House of Representatives. George only did what many others do.

* Okay, Okay. I admit I was bribed and " paid " to say this because I was plyed with free cookies and coffee and treats at George's office. *

George Santos was an embarrassment and liability to the Republican Party. I'm happy at least some Republican's had the Integrity to oust Santos.

What irks me about Santos is how he was even allowed to be a candidate to represent The Great State of New York in the first place. I can understand the house ethics committee getting involved once an official is elected and been on the job. However, looking at the Committee report much what they reported should have been brought to light long BEFORE he was elected. New Yorkers and our illustrious investigative journalists need to do a lot more due diligence.

The state of U.S. politics it seems candidates aren’t being vetted by journalists and people aren’t considering the candidate's merits, policy, platform, ethics. Only mindless voting just to stick it to the other party out of spite.

As for Menendez I’m still out on that one. I don’t trust any of them any further than I can throw’em. But he was a respected congressman right up until he and his committee questioned why some U.S. oil firms were still working with Russia. The next ya know <poof> he’s accused of being a traitor, peers calling for him to resign and nobody else has continued questioning the companies. I did read some articles protecting the companies, how they had already patched things up, and that it was a mistake and couldn’t understand why Menendez was asking questions.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-02-23 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-01-23, 08:20 PM   #7076
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
What irks me about Santos is that he was even allowed to be candidate for New York in the first place. New Yorkers and our illustrious investigative journalists need to do a lot more due diligence. But looking at the state of U.S. politics I’m thinking most candidates aren’t voted for based on their merits, policy. It’s been boiled down to voting to stick to the other party out of spite.

As for Menendez I’m still out on that one. I trust any of them any further than I can throw’ em. But he was congressman right up until he and his committee questioned why U.S. oil companies were still working with Russia. The next ya know <poof> he’s a traitor and needs to resign.
Well, you hit the nail on the head. Really. Everyone is left to wonder why no one did their due diligence, including the Journalists To see if this Individual had any qualifications at all. If someone had checked Santos out, and his story and litany of fabrications, the voters would have been able to hopefully make an Intelligent and informed decision regarding their respective votes.

In reality, there is no shortage of stupidity or lack of morals or ethical considerations by either the Democrats or Republicans. If we are to believe that elections are fair and honest, then we have to do our own research on candidates as part of our due diligence. Hopefully, this episode will wake people up to pay attention at election time.
Old 12-02-23, 05:15 AM   #7077
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-02-23, 11:19 AM   #7078
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I suppose this was inevitable really and could well image identical behaviour had it happened here in the UK.

Quote:
'Spineless Republicans': MAGA influencers rage after expulsion of George Santos

Former Rep. George Santos (R-NY), the scandal-plagued New York Republican who has even been accused of stealing from one of his own colleagues' mothers, was expelled in an overwhelming vote on Friday.

But rather than cheering on Republicans for upholding ethical standards by voting to expel Santos, many Trump-loving MAGA influencers raged at "cowardly" party members for turning on one of their own, no matter how many criminal charges and damning House Ethics Committee reports piled up against him.

"They won’t expel Swalwell, Schiff, Omar, Tlaib, Bowman for actual treason but they’ll expel Santos," wrote LibsOfTikTok creator Chaya Raichik. "This is why we lose. I’m so sick of cowardly and spineless Republicans!!!!"
In fact, there is no evidence that any of the Democratic lawmakers listed in Raichik's post committed treason, while there is substantial evidence that Santos defrauded his own donors.

Juanita Broderick, a Trump supporter who once accused former President Bill Clinton of raping her, expressed a similar sentiment.

"The worthless House of Representatives has expelled George Santos while scum sucking bottom feeders like Schiff, Swallwell and the Squad remain," she complained.

Donald Trump Jr., meanwhile, suggested that Santos' expulsion was a violation of his constitutional rights.

"Right, wrong, or indifferent as it relates to the George Santos expulsion, it seems America is getting very comfortable disregarding basic tenants of our constitution, namely these days it seems everyone is guilty until proven innocent and not vice versa… especially republicans!" he wrote.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...1edd9d98&ei=14

Old 12-02-23, 09:18 PM   #7079
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah and I'm planning to tell the judge that I was just standing there minding my own business.
I only held the door to the liquor store open to be polite.

What these dumb###es need to understand is that a properly tied noose is designed to shatter one of the vertebrae in their treasonous necks.

Oh, I've heard about your kind. Based on your own words, not mine, it seems you're one of those who would blame the women for being raped because she walked down the wrong street. Got it

Reckon she should have been been wearing a hijab huh?

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-02-23 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-02-23, 09:33 PM   #7080
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I suppose this was inevitable really and could well image identical behaviour had it happened here in the UK.
It certainly "feels" like justice is peeking out from under her blindfold to me.