SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-23, 06:48 AM   #7051
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A co-defendant in Donald Trump's Georgia election fraud case can remain free until trial, a judge has ruled, rejecting a plea that he be jailed for an alleged "pattern of intimidation".

Prosecutors wanted bail revoked for Harrison Floyd, ex-head of Black Voices for Trump, over his social media posts.

Judge Scott McAfee ruled that Mr Floyd did technically violate his bond, but said the deal should be modified.

Mr Floyd and the ex-US president are among 19 who were charged in the case.

On Tuesday, Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee said that Mr Floyd's bond agreement should be updated to reflect the "nuances of social media".

"I think the ultimate result of today's hearing is that it's very clear to me that this bond needs to be modified," he said.

Lawyers for Mr Floyd, 39, argued that prosecutors were trying to silence his freedom of speech. They said their client would willingly "tone it down" if the judge asked him to do so.

He was initially jailed following his arrest in August, but released after five days when a judge granted him bail.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67492832

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-23, 11:54 AM   #7052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Joe Biden has a response for your jokes about his age

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-67459287

Old 11-24-23, 03:55 PM   #7053
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
The Abraham Accords are bilateral agreements on Arab–Israeli normalization signed between Israel and the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain on September 15, 2020. Mediated by the United States, the initial announcement of August 13, 2020, concerned only Israel and the United Arab Emirates before the announcement of a follow-up agreement between Israel and Bahrain on September 11, 2020. On September 15, 2020, the official signing ceremony for the first iteration of the Abraham Accords was hosted by the Trump administration at the White House. As part of the dual agreements, both the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain recognized Israel's sovereignty, enabling the establishment of full diplomatic relations.
Now the “big guy’ takes credit for it. But he says he just can’t prove it! That’s because he wasn’t involved in the Abraham Accords

Quote:
@ 8:28 Reporter: “Mr. President, you said you were hoping to get cooperation from Arab leaders? What are you hearing from them when you talk to them? [indecipherable].”

Biden: “I’m hearing a lot, but I’m not going to speak to it right now. There’s an overwhelming desire on the part of the region to — let me back up.

I cannot prove what I’m about to say, but I believe one of the reasons why Hamas struck when they did was they knew that I was working very closely with the Saudis, & others in the region to bring peace to the region by having recognition of Israel & Israel’s right to exist.

You may recall when we did the G-20 a little while ago, I was able to get a resolution — a statement passed through there saying we’re going to build a railroad from Riyadh all the way through the Middle East into Saudi Arabia, Israel, et cetera, and all the way up to Europe — not the — not the railroad but underground pipeline and then railroad. The whole idea is there’s overwhelming interest and I think most Arab nations know it and coordinating with one another to change the dynamic in their region for a longer term peace. And that is what I’m going to continue to work on. Thank you all very, very much. I appreciate it.”

The narcissism is breathtaking, as is the admission of incompetence and the sly diversion. The Abraham Accords were Trump’s triumph and his team would not have screwed up. Biden’s antipathy to Trump and petty insistence he receive no credit - even to the point of erasing “Abraham” - set back the project, and the insane resurrection of the Iran deal helped fuel Hamas. His policy of appeasing Tehran fueled its aggression, isolated Israel, estranged our gulf partners, enabled sanctions relief to Putin, provided unprecedented opportunity to China, and resulted in regional conflict. All of which, regrettably, can be easily proven.

And I’ll tell you the reason U.S. hostages have not been released. It’s Hamas way to get the Biden administration to pressure Israel to extend the ceasefire.

To you euros, spam on. We may joke about his age but the concerns regarding his mental faculty is very real, even before he was elected.

Yet here we are, welcome to Brandon’s Circus

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-25-23 at 12:18 AM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-23, 06:58 AM   #7054
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Joe Biden can ‘no longer be propped up’ President slammed ahead of 2024 elections ‘can’t be trusted’

Joe Biden can “no longer be propped up” with the US President facing mutiny from sections of his own voter base, Lauren Chen has claimed.

The political commentator says there is “trouble ahead” for the Democrats as the party struggles with its stance on the Israel-Hamas conflict.

Swathes of youngsters have taken to the streets of America demanding a ceasefire, a position at odds with the US President who is steadfast in his support for Israel.

According to Chen, this is sowing the seeds of a conflict in the Democrat Party as Biden already faces questions over his future.

Speaking to GB News, she questioned whether Biden can carry out a second presidential term.

“There’s no question that he is, whether you’re Democrat or Republican, frankly, just not physically and mentally fit to serve as president”, she said.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...0c7a6f96&ei=16
I reckon dissention in the ranks is more than Biden expected and will struggle to cope with...unlike Trump.

Old 11-27-23, 09:00 AM   #7055
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Could it be a created escalation by herding inncocent people into a crowd of protestors or is it just stupidity?

Unfortunately no one is likely to see this question because it will probably get buried under a massive padding of post counts.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-27-23 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-28-23, 12:27 PM   #7056
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prosecutors in Fulton County, Georgia aren't willing to give former President Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani the same plea deals they gave to attorneys Sidney Powell, Ken Chesebro, and Jenna Ellis.

The Guardian's Hugo Lowell reports that prosecutors have ruled out offering deals to Trump and Giuliani, as well as to former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows, which means that those three will be dragged into court to face charges in Fulton County DA Fani Willis' sprawling racketeering case.

According to Lowell, this strategy "signals who prosecutors consider their main targets, and how they want to wield the power of Georgia’s racketeering statute to their advantage."

While it's not known exactly how prosecutors will use the guilty pleas from Powell, Ellis, and Chesebro against Trump, Giuliani, and Meadows, we do know a little bit about some of the damning testimony they have delivered so far.
Ellis, for example, said she was told by Trump aide Dan Scavino that the former president was not going to leave the White House "under any circumstances," no matter the official results of the 2020 election.

Powell, meanwhile, testified that Trump sought out her counsel on trying to overturn the results of the election because practically every other lawyer in the White House told him he had lost and that the should prepare to leave.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...c0a63456&ei=17

Old 11-29-23, 09:46 AM   #7057
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Black-on-black crime occurs daily on the south side of Chicago, with shootings every weekend. Additionally, there's a significant issue of massive illegal immigration due to the city being declared a sanctuary and he’s blaming right-wing extremism and saying that’s the problem in Chicago. Really?

You can always count on a Democrat not to accept responsibility for their own personal failures. What’s scarier still is there are people out there who will believe him.

https://news.yahoo.com/chicago-mayor...035636358.html

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-30-23 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-30-23, 09:37 AM   #7058
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Day to day the stock market and huge companies dominate the headlines. However over half of American workers are employed by small businesses.

Profits for small businesses are at 20 year lows and the recession is already here. Small business labor and energy costs are going thru the roof.

Old 11-30-23, 11:53 AM   #7059
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Gag order reinstated in Trump’s fraud trial.

Quote:
A state appeals court in New York has reinstated a gag order in Donald Trump’s fraud trial, after court officials revealed the wave of death threats and attacks against members of the court staff.

New York Supreme Court Judge Arthur Engoron put the gag order in place to protect his chief clerk and other court staff from the former president’s abuse and subsequent attacks that have flooded his office.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...d5231e63&ei=11

Old 11-30-23, 01:05 PM   #7060
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Gag order reinstated in Trump’s fraud trial.
More from British news sources and Moonlight says it’s us Americans who are obsessed

Old 11-30-23, 03:24 PM   #7061
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Could it be a created escalation by herding inncocent people into a crowd of protestors or is it just stupidity?

Unfortunately no one is likely to see this question because it will probably get buried under a massive padding of post counts.

If I see three dudes getting ready to rob a liquor store and I decide to hang out with them, my ### is going to the clink.

Really, this isn't hard to figure out.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-23, 04:01 PM   #7062
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
If I see three dudes getting ready to rob a liquor store and I decide to hang out with them, my ### is going to the clink.

Really, this isn't hard to figure out.

The plaintiffs were not involved in anything unlawful they were peaceably exercising their constitutional right. The plaintiffs were afraid of an unruly mob and the police in question refused the use of a safe alternative exit. The judge agreed with the plaintiffs saying that by forcing the plaintiffs into the fray it caused a “state created danger”. Which is why those police lost their qualified immunity and can now be sued for their choices.

A police officer has to personally and knowingly really screw things up for themselves and others to lose their qualified immunity. So my question stands were the officers involved knowingly trying to escalate an already bad situation or were they just plain stupid?

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-30-23 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-30-23, 04:35 PM   #7063
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Yeah, yeah, yeah and I'm planning to tell the judge that I was just standing there minding my own business.
I only held the door to the liquor store open to be polite.

What these dumb###es need to understand is that a properly tied noose is designed to shatter one of the vertebrae in their treasonous necks.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-23, 06:37 PM   #7064
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

Profits for small businesses are at 20 year lows and the recession is already here. Small business labor and energy costs are going thru the roof.
Small businesses in the USA have been treated badly for a long time now. Sometimes I think people opening most of those businesses are just getting scammed. I'd open a business in Thailand before I'd ever get involved in another business here.
Old 12-01-23, 10:02 AM   #7065
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Any Americans watch the DeSantis Newsome debate? Newsom’s arrogance and outright pride caused him to fall into the most obvious trap in modern political history.

Hannity played the long game, convinced Newsom they’re buddies, lured him into this debate. Then fired a broadside of objective facts and figures on his failed records on crime, immigration, taxes, COVID and much more, all backed by California’s enormous population loss, allowing DeSantis to administer one knockout blow after another while Newsom makes awkward faces and nervous smiles as he drowns in facts he can’t spin his way out of. All while providing limitless clips and sound bites that’ll be used against him throughout the brief remainder of his political career. This is amazing to watch. If I were Newsom, I’d suddenly develop COVID and excuse myself from the rest of the debate.

Now we can laugh about Californians migrating to other states but I’ll warn you again. They bring with them the same stupid Democrat ideas and voting record, be warned. They’ll turn your state into the same thing they fled from.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-01-23 at 10:57 AM.