SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-13, 09:05 PM   #691
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

So, basically, nothing at all has changed, re: gun laws? Yeah, victory, whatever.....(yawn)...

<O>
Old 04-17-13, 09:07 PM   #692
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
And they claim that this bill expands gun rights? I beg to differ when it has a huge list of currently legal firearms that clearly would no longer be legal and makes magazine over 10 rounds illegal.
The expansion bit was an amendment to make it mandatory that states respect CC permits issued in other states. You get concealed carry in Wisconsin, it has to be respected in Delaware no matter what their laws are.

Which I imagine would become a "states rights" issue for the Republican caucus had this bill been about anything except guns.
Old 04-17-13, 09:07 PM   #693
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
Which I imagine would become a "states rights" issue for the Republican caucus had this bill been about anything except guns.
*cough* recognizing gay marriages *cough*

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 09:19 PM   #694
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Oh no, I was addressing OP. Sorry I didn't quote his dribble and it looked like I was replying to you.

*hat tip*
That what I thought but my brain is a little fired reading that legal gobbledygook.I swear lawyers do that just to enure that they have a job.If the crap was in plain English you'd have no need for them.

By the way your avatar the cat he stars in a Bjork video .

Cat:Women are emotional leftist fools"
Bjork:Jerk!
Cat:Eww Glenn Beck my hero!!
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 09:31 PM   #695
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Funny how the child bangs the drum of "GO AMERICA!" and bows down at the altar of democracy when things go his way, but when they don't, it's a failing of the system and complains how America is full of disgusting immigrants.

In short, you're still crass and offensive, and as always, get lost.
No, it's not about "my way" you, fellow subsimmer you. This is about CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.Yes, when the Congress manages to pass unconstitutional, idiotic things that will and already are harming us, that have no business being passed anyways as they are blatantly unconstitutional then our system failed. I am banging the drum as you put it, because for now, liberty has been upheld but as the OP stated, it's always in danger, especially while Dear Leader is in office.

Our system is failing and yes, we have a lot of disgusting immigrants that break laws cause problems etc when they have NO right to be here.Sure citizens do same, but it is kind of like your kid, well you will tolerate your kid and punish them accordingly, but you do not want to deal with other people's children.I am for legal immigration but you don't allow so much immigration, especially illegal(government has allowed illegal immigration) to go on for many years, that it allows a demographics to shift and causes the country to move away from what has made it great, if left unchecked we will end up like everyone else.Call the racist, xenophobic whatever, it is not, it is the truth. I am for legal immigration of people we want, the end.

As far as your ling to the "disgusting immigrants" , like typical liberal without a spine, something no "PC" you pitch a fit about.I was saying I dislike the Iranians in my class , partly because the do smell.That is not racist, bigoted etc, they really do smell! I would think the same if a white person smelled. Do all Iranians smell? no However, that stereotype is a stereotype because many more people aside from me have encountered a smelly iranian or two. Just get over yourself and your sensitive bs.

In short, you are whiny, petulant, and far too sensitive.Get over yourself.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 09:46 PM   #696
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Drinking game time chug a beer each time the words liberal,sensitive,liberty,"smell" and "truth" appear.

Old 04-17-13, 10:16 PM   #697
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Drinking game time chug a beer each time the words liberal,sensitive,liberty,"smell" and "truth" appear.

or you could make a real point...
Old 04-17-13, 10:26 PM   #698
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Does this thread have a real point? It doesn't look that way to me - or at least, there doesn't seem to be any real point in having yet another thread on exactly the same subject as every other "OMG the gummint is stealin our guns, rustlin our wimmin and *%$#%£# our cattle" thread.
Old 04-17-13, 10:34 PM   #699
vienna
Navy Seal

Well, the thread was started by Bubbles...did anyone really expect it to have any point?...

<O>
Old 04-17-13, 10:35 PM   #700
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
"OMG the gummint is stealin our guns, rustlin our wimmin and *%$#%£# our cattle"

OH MY GOOOOOOD!
Old 04-17-13, 10:39 PM   #701
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Well, the thread was started by Bubbles...did anyone really expect it to have any point?...

<O>
Good point!
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-13, 10:42 PM   #702
vienna
Navy Seal

How very sharp of you!...

<O>
Old 04-17-13, 10:45 PM   #703
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
or you could make a real point...
You should consider taking your own advice sometime.
Old 04-17-13, 10:48 PM   #704
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
You should consider taking your own advice sometime.
I made a point, the post was to discuss the vote today, as it was a victory for those of us who prefer not to be subjects.
Old 04-17-13, 11:00 PM   #705
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Huzza for quoting ones self!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
Heller v. District of Columbia, Civil Action No. 08-1289 (RMU), No. 23., 25 On March 26, 2010, the D.C. Circuit denied the follow up appeal of Dick Heller who requested the court to overturn the new District of Columbia gun control ordinances newly enacted after the 2008 Heller ruling. The court refused to do so, stating that the firearms registration procedures; the prohibition on assault weapons; and the prohibition on large capacity ammunition feeding devices were found to not violate the Second Amendment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Amendment_USA

Its interesting how in the US the population seems to always contradict itself, we throw a person in prison because of a crime, we let them out on "good behavior", and yet certain persons are apposed to making it more difficult for said criminal to get a weapon so they can commit further crimes and how members of a "certain political party" complains that we can or can't enforce the rules and laws concerning firearms when a "certain organization" has told that "certain political party" to defund the departments and/or organizations tasked with enforcing said rules and laws concerning firearms. Also could someone please explain to me how any of the gun control measures that have been brought up in the past few months, A) Have anything what-so-ever to do with changing any part the Constitution of the United States and/or it violates Article V of the Constitution. B) How exactly do these gun controlling measures violate the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution when the courts have ruled otherwise? C) When has any person who has and/or currently supports gun control measures has said "The government is going to take away your guns!", or has said anything similar?

Just some food for thought, though I doubt it will change anyone's mind on what they believe on this particular subject.
On a side note as to the third question yeah I know it was Senator Feinstein who said it. But the probability of taking away the gun of the entire population of the United States is impossible, impractical, and highly improbable.

Tags
gun control, guns, radio wave madness