SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-11, 10:26 PM   #6916
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Kaput View Post
love this ui (6.4.0. SH5enhanced) but what ever happened to the twisty periscope thingies? would really like them on my boat
should be there with v6.4.0. Yep, just checked and they are there
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 10:37 PM   #6917
Kapitan_Kaput
Mate

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

hrmm...just re-dl'd and unzipped...no twisty option folder...is it integrated now? if so then another mod must be blocking it
Kapitan_Kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 10:41 PM   #6918
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Kaput View Post
hrmm...just re-dl'd and unzipped...no twisty option folder...is it integrated now? if so then another mod must be blocking it
Yes, there is no add-on mod for them anymore. They are integrated into the main mod.
Old 03-21-11, 11:21 PM   #6919
Kapitan_Kaput
Mate

Downloads: 90

ok it was another mod...they are there now....thanks...

mebbe an iceberg option in the mission settings would be nice tho

great work on this mod btw
Kapitan_Kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 02:49 AM   #6920
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
If you have real nav or an add-on mod installed of mine you may be missing these marks. The destroyed marks that you are referring to only appear when you load a saved game so you can see where you 'killed' ships. The stock game never showed these past kills on a game load.
Thanks for the latest update TDW- the pre saved game sinkings are a great addition, however after starting a saved game yesterday and them showing, a new kill failed to show on the map despite showing in the figures, strange eh?
Not seen that happen prior to 6.40

Anyone else had that?
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 04:39 AM   #6921
pfeillant
Watch

Downloads: 13
Default Some 6.4.0 problems

hello,
I never see the destroyed marks, even in the windows parameters the 'display destroyed mark' is checked.

the last time i sink a ship, the design of the boat disappears on the map, but after 10 seconds, the ship is not listed as destroyed in the events box, and i have a general crash without any error window.
bye
pfeillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 05:03 AM   #6922
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeillant View Post
hello,
I never see the destroyed marks, even in the windows parameters the 'display destroyed mark' is checked.

the last time i sink a ship, the design of the boat disappears on the map, but after 10 seconds, the ship is not listed as destroyed in the events box, and i have a general crash without any error window.
bye
I have sometimes the same issue, but many times, mark appear at 100,000km from where i have sunk the ship...
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 09:59 AM   #6923
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
show me a screenshot of the chronometer that's missing minutes
i figured this out... the cronometer is not missing the dials for minutes (it is the dial from the top of my crono)... it is only my attention that is missing something
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 02:06 PM   #6924
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Bug Report

Hi TDW,
just found a possible bug in Multiple UIs 6.4.0 final release:

after installing it, it is not possible anymore to change via mousewheel the angle of navigation map draggable compass outer ring, neither swiching inner ring by right mouse click. It was correctly working until test version 9, if I remember well.

I've tested it with vanilla game and no other mod than .exe patch and a "fresh" copy (no options files edited) of Multiple UI's 6.4.0 enabled.

Hope it helps for improving your great work!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 04:57 PM   #6925
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi TDW,
just found a possible bug in Multiple UIs 6.4.0 final release:

after installing it, it is not possible anymore to change via mousewheel the angle of navigation map draggable compass outer ring, neither swiching inner ring by right mouse click. It was correctly working until test version 9, if I remember well.

I've tested it with vanilla game and no other mod than .exe patch and a "fresh" copy (no options files edited) of Multiple UI's 6.4.0 enabled.

Hope it helps for improving your great work!
You must not have tested the mod just by itself then because I just did and it works perfectly. Before posting a perceived problem disable all mods and only enable the mod you think has the problem and see if the problem still persists. If not then another mod was causing a conflict. I suspect that you had an un-updated version of IO strategic map enabled after my UIs mod which would cause the perceived problem.
Old 03-22-11, 05:39 PM   #6926
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
it's working. When you click the pencil you have enabled the supermark to be placed. Click on the map to set the supermark. Same goes for the navigational fixes.
After a few tests I found the solution ! First let me say, the Super-Mark Pencil doesn´t work really for me, I click on the pencil and then on the map and nothing happened !

So, the solution is: I must run the SH5.exe with administrator-rights (I´ve Win7 64 bit), it means right mouse-click on sh5.exe to show up the context menu, then select "Run as administrator". When I do this, the Super-Mark works when I click on the pencil and then on the map; when I the sh5.exe run without administrator rights the super-marks doesn´t work !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 03-22-11, 08:51 PM   #6927
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
You must not have tested the mod just by itself then because I just did and it works perfectly. Before posting a perceived problem disable all mods and only enable the mod you think has the problem and see if the problem still persists. If not then another mod was causing a conflict. I suspect that you had an un-updated version of IO strategic map enabled after my UIs mod which would cause the perceived problem.
Hi again TDW,
I would like my problem (and its fix) being so simple but, as I wrote some hours ago, when I did my first test the only mods enable were your latest NewUIs 6.4.0 and SH5.exe patched with your 0.0.1 and 0.0.2 patches. Eventually I carried out several other tests. Here are some facts I discovered:

1) problem is not only related to maptool compass rotation, but to any imput by mousewheel (heading bar and RAOBF are affected too);
2) disabling the patched .exe fixed the issue;
3) enabling again patch 0.0.1 alone, restored the problem;
4) with any version of NewUIs not featuring mosewheel imputs, like v 6.4.0 test 1, mouse click (heading bar), mouse drag (RAOBF) and keyboard imput (compass tool) did their work perfectly, even with patched exe v. 0.0.1 enabled.

My two pennies guess is that the patch may interfere in the way you are injecting your custom dlls into the .exe code, preventing mousewheel imputs from working properly. But why do I should be the only one having this problem?

Incidentally, I've discovered another issue, not related to the first one: starting with NewUIs v 6.4.0 test 2 onward, RAOBF is misplaced only for obs. periscope. It is shifted on the scope's left side. I can post a screenshot, if you need it.
Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong but, believe, it or not I've tested it with no other mod enabled

Thank you for your time and attention!
gap

Last edited by gap; 03-22-11 at 09:50 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 01:09 AM   #6928
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

really strange, my mouseweel work perfectly on my install with sh5.exe fix 1
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 08:47 AM   #6929
brandtryan
Engineer

Downloads: 122
Default Revisiting Sextant

Not sure what status of working sextant is--but have done some more research on subject. I'm using a program called Stellarium (www.stellarium.org), inputing exact time, date and position of when and where sub was located in sim. Two seperate times were recorded (0240 and 0340) in both SHV and Stellarium. I then measured angle between Polaris and tip of big dipper in each of the various modes listed below.
Stellarium can render the viewpoint in many different ways, which I thought might be relevant to a discussion of the challenges of representing a 3d sky on a display. I’m pretty sure SHV uses some kind of “perspective” type rendering, since it seems to be the only one with a level horizon. Here's what the stellarium manual says about the different views:

cylinder
The full name of this projection mode is cylindrical equidistant projection. The maximum field of view in this mode is 233◦
equal area
The full name of this projection method is, Lambert azimuthal equalarea projection. The maximum field of view is 360◦.
fisheye
Stellarium draws the sky using azimuthal equidistant projection. In fisheye projection, straight lines become curves when they appear a large angular distance from the centre of the field of view (like the distortions seen with very wide angle camera lenses). This is more pronounced as the user zooms out.
The maximum field of view in this mode is 180◦
Hammer-Aitoff
The Hammer projection is an equal-areamap projection, described by Ernst Hammer in 1892 and directly inspired by the Aitoff projection. The maximum field of view in this mode is 360◦.
mercator
Mercator projection preserves the angles between objects, and the scale around an object the same in all directions. The maximum field of view in this mode is 233◦.
orthographic
Orthographic projection is related to perspective projection, but the point of perspective is set to an infinite distance. The maximum field of view is 180◦.
Perspective
Perspective projection keeps the horizon a straight line. The maximum field of view is 150◦. The mathematical name for this projection method is gnomonic projection.
stereographic
This mode is similar to fish-eye projection mode. The maximum field of view in this mode is 235◦

The image includes screenshots from Stellarium in perspective mode.
Any thoughts/ideas on how we could somehow use this information to get a sextant working?
Old 03-23-11, 11:04 AM   #6930
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

I asked once if Stellarium is already implemented in SH4 real nav but is very hard to get an answer in this topic. If is, how hard would be to implement it in SH5?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui