SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-08, 05:46 PM   #676
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnutazzo
probable bugs?
1- the sound of the 37mm cannon is missing (type VIIc40).
Found out the cause of this problem, but I just didn't have time to fix it in the last patch. Will be corrected on the next go round.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 06:01 PM   #677
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

I already SAID I am running Patch FOUR. This is in and active and I have the crew space bug.

Pic 1

Note Patch 3 is on the inactive list, as no mention was made of requiring it along side patch 4. I assumed this meant patch 4 was only required.

Pic 2

Please note watch 3 in the command compartment are missing a crew space. This boat was a new career started with patch 4 specifically.

Secondly, regarding the duds;

I had a stationary target at a bearing of zero, which was exactly side on to me ( 90 degrees port AOB I believe its called) EVERY SINGLE torpedo was a dud bar one. The only one that was not was the first fish out of tube one. Every torpedo after that was dud. I even reloaded the fish from the outside supplies and all of these were also duds. This was with G7a fish.

I am not trying to be an ass here but please read what I said.
Lexandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-08, 07:35 PM   #678
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
I am not trying to be an ass here but please read what I said.
Well I’m not going to be a ASS in my reply to you.
  • Your crew image is of the Type IX in the original OM v400
  • You say your started a “new” career, how every it appears based on what I see your using a “saved” career from the original OM V400
Here is “my” current install

This what the current Type IX crew looks like in Patch 3/4

IRT to your “dud” torpedoes

Please note the following picture, you will see a Type IX about to launch a salvo of G7a

Now note there are “no dud’ in the next picture

Old 10-10-08, 07:56 PM   #679
Lexandro
Navy Dude

The boat in the picture I provided was a brand new boat I started specifically to highlight the error with the patch. It is not a saved game it is a brand new career started in '39 with the default IX boat, on patch 4 today to take the picture. As you can see patch 4 is active in the mods lists, as is the base install of monsun. I should not be getting this problem, as you so stated it was corrected. However I am getting it, that is why I reported it.

As per your picture, that is almost identical to how I was firing. However I was closer (900y) and did not fire a salvo, I fired manually in singles to get a salvo effect. I prefer to do it this way as I can target each fish individually myself. The peculiarities I described could be atributed to a failure with patch 4 and/or other mods working after activation with JSGME.

I am going to re-install the game from scratch (again) and re-install all mods, as it may be simply that patch 4 and other mods are not active on my system for some reason.

Will report back later.
Old 10-10-08, 09:37 PM   #680
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexandro
The boat in the picture I provided was a brand new boat I started specifically to highlight the error with the patch. It is not a saved game it is a brand new career started in '39 with the default IX boat, on patch 4 today to take the picture. As you can see patch 4 is active in the mods lists, as is the base install of monsun. I should not be getting this problem, as you so stated it was corrected. However I am getting it, that is why I reported it.

As per your picture, that is almost identical to how I was firing. However I was closer (900y) and did not fire a salvo, I fired manually in singles to get a salvo effect. I prefer to do it this way as I can target each fish individually myself. The peculiarities I described could be atributed to a failure with patch 4 and/or other mods working after activation with JSGME.

I am going to re-install the game from scratch (again) and re-install all mods, as it may be simply that patch 4 and other mods are not active on my system for some reason.

Will report back later.

I would "strongly" recommend that you go the to your "My Documents" and remove the SH4 directory to insure you have a "clean install" before you start your new install
Old 10-11-08, 10:57 AM   #681
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Ok righty all seems good now. Did a full re-install, including as you suggested removing the SH4 My documents folder. I dont have the crew space bug, and the recognition manual does not CTD the game so the patch must be working now. I think you might have been on the money with the my documents folder, as the game seems to be a bit more "perky" now. Time compression works up to 7k now before slowdown where previously it was 4k limit.

There are a couple of small things though that dont seem to be quiet correct. The open hatches do not have any functionality for me. I am not able to enter the listening room or captains cabin. No matter where I click on the hatch nothing happens.

And secondly, possibly related, the default camera position in the IX boat with 2nd flottila in '39 is a few feet off. Its "stuck" on the ladder for the conning tower, meaning the camera clips through the ladder rungs.

Of course these are not major, I can play without them. But I thought I would mention it now I have the patch working corrrectly. Everything else seems spot on, and I am thoroughly enjoying the Atlantic theatre of operations.
Old 10-11-08, 11:01 AM   #682
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Ok righty all seems good now. Did a full re-install, including as you suggested removing the SH4 My documents folder. I dont have the crew space bug, and the recognition manual does not CTD the game so the patch must be working now. I think you might have been on the money with the my documents folder, as the game seems to be a bit more "perky" now. Time compression works up to 7k now before slowdown where previously it was 4k limit.

There are a couple of small things though that dont seem to be quiet correct. The open hatches do not have any functionality for me. I am not able to enter the listening room or captains cabin. No matter where I click on the hatch nothing happens.

And secondly, possibly related, the default camera position in the IX boat with 2nd flottila in '39 is a few feet off. Its "stuck" on the ladder for the conning tower, meaning the camera clips through the ladder rungs.

Of course these are not major, I can play without them. But I thought I would mention it now I have the patch working corrrectly. Everything else seems spot on, and I am thoroughly enjoying the Atlantic theatre of operations.
Glad to hear it all worked out

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 10-11-08 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-12-08, 12:18 AM   #683
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Hello me again. Got some gameplay questions about the Atlantic theatre.

Can I get offered a new commision to a new boat in Monsun? (eg IX>IXb>IXc)
If so at what point can I get a new boat? Do I need X amount of renown & tonnage?
Does Monsun allow for boat upgrades (radar/sonar etc)? If so when do they become available?

How accurate are the support docs to in-game convoy routes, for instance if I patrol along a noted route on the doc will it be in the game?

Im just a bit curious as I've been plugging away now at the Allies for a while and theres not much in the way of advancement at the moment. I cant get any more crew, as it keeps showing me dupes of sailors I have, and I dont want to bug out my crew. I am the top ace, and I have 12k renown but nothing to spend it on.

Please let me know thank you.

Last edited by Lexandro; 10-12-08 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-12-08, 02:23 PM   #684
iksoks
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

If you started in 39 it will take a while to get upgrades as the time goes in game.
iksoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 02:36 PM   #685
spike12
Gunner

Downloads: 113

Tell me about it.Started out in '39 in a type vii-b,by dec. of '41,still in a type vii-b, despite sinking enough shipping ,and earning enough renown to practically purchase a type xxi (if this were sh3),or a type vii-c at least.So what am I doing wrong?
spike12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 02:44 PM   #686
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Can I get offered a new commision to a new boat in Monsun? (eg IX>IXb>IXd)
Yes

Quote:
If so at what point can I get a new boat? If so at what point can I get a new boat?
Based on how well you do at completing missions and historical dates when the various types of Subs become available for each Flotillas.

Quote:
Does Monsun allow for boat upgrades (radar/sonar etc)? If so when do they become available?
Again based on historical dates

Quote:
How accurate are the support docs to in-game convoy routes, for instance if I patrol along a noted route on the doc will it be in the game?
They are accurate

Quote:
I have 12k renown but nothing to spend it on.
I don't charge for equipment or upgrades
Old 10-12-08, 02:51 PM   #687
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Thank you again Lurker, thats answered all my questions and put my mind at ease.
Old 10-12-08, 08:29 PM   #688
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
They are accurate
I must be looking in the wrong place. The charts I find in the OM Data\Support\ OM_Intel_files Folder do not show any North Atlantic convoy routes, just the grid systems, etc. Am I looking in the right place?....or, are you referring only to Indian ocean routes?
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-08, 10:13 PM   #689
Lexandro
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
They are accurate
I must be looking in the wrong place. The charts I find in the OM Data\Support\ OM_Intel_files Folder do not show any North Atlantic convoy routes, just the grid systems, etc. Am I looking in the right place?....or, are you referring only to Indian ocean routes?
If you look closer at the grid charts in the support folder you can see convoy routes marked. You need to zoom in a fair bit but they are there and you can still read the grid positions.

Oh and about those new commisions, I just cant seem to get one at all. I feel like ive been passed over for one or something. Ive done 9 patrols, its late '41, Ive got 400k tonnage, Im a Korvetcaptain in rank, got 7 Knights Cross , 2 Iron Cross and on my last patrol I took out HMS warspite (Yay!) and got 90k tonnage in total. And still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong or what? I checked and I could start a career in late 41 and get a IXb or IXc boat but im not getting offered anything at all in my current career?

Sorry to be a pain.

Last edited by Lexandro; 10-12-08 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-13-08, 05:48 AM   #690
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89

cool cool cool ,

except I don't like the type VII camo paintjobs

a minor thing and perhaps it's just me, but I cant find a basic standard gray-ish (maybe slightly weathered/rusty) paintjob for the U-boot. Is there such a thing at all? and if so, where?

thanks