Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-17, 06:49 AM   #6841
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I was not responding to you Moonlight.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-30-17, 05:41 AM   #6842
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The Government has defeated a Labour bid to end the cap on public sector pay in the first parliamentary test of the Tory-DUP deal.
Labour had attempted to push through an amendment to the Queen's Speech calling on ministers to recruit more police officers and firefighters and to end the 1% limit on annual pay rises for public sector workers.
But their efforts were defeated in the House of Commons, with 323 MPs opposing the amendment versus 309 in favour. The result gave the Government a majority of 14.

This being a classic example as to why they are rightfully known as the 'Nasty Party'.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-30-17, 05:49 AM   #6843
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Doesn't look like all is rosy in the Labour garden either, despite what many believed was an excellent general election result.

Quote:
Three Labour frontbenchers have been sacked for defying Jeremy Corbyn and backing a call for the UK to stay in the single market after Brexit.
Ruth Cadbury, Catherine West and Andy Slaughter had supported Chuka Umunna's amendment to the Queen's Speech.
Staying in the single market is not Labour policy and Mr Corbyn had ordered his MPs to abstain - but 50 rebelled.
His deputy Tom Watson said he was disappointed with Mr Umunna for trying to "divide" Labour MPs with the vote.
Mr Watson added: "I just felt that given we'd come out of the general election with such an unexpected result, and there's a real euphoria, to try and divide Labour MPs a week and a half in was a little disappointing.
"But, you know, we're still buzzing, we still want to hold the government to account, we'll get over it and move on."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40451301

Jimbuna is online  
Old 06-30-17, 04:47 PM   #6844
STEED
Lucky Jack

^Yes the nasty anti public sector party is back in the roost but how far can they keep it up as the DUP bound to have their own hit list for NI which some Tories may find bitter. Many fuses have been lit question is what is at the end of those fuses.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-01-17, 07:25 AM   #6845
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm at a total loss as to how and why they keep the public sector pay cap in place, especially in light of recent events

If I was still in uniform I'd be absolutely outraged

Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-01-17, 07:28 AM   #6846
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Theresa May has 'hamstrung' David Davis in Brexit talks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40461496

No big surprises there then.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-01-17, 09:08 AM   #6847
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It's all on course to remain in the EU in some form and shape.

Old 07-01-17, 10:08 AM   #6848
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
It's all on course to remain in the EU in some form and shape.
Not so sure about that but most importantly I'd much prefer a soft Brexit as opposed to a hard Brexit.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-01-17, 04:08 PM   #6849
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Not so sure about that but most importantly I'd much prefer a soft Brexit as opposed to a hard Brexit.
Some recent survey's now show if we voted now the result would be remain. And I firmly believe we are going to remain as the powers to be once again pull the wool over the voters eyes.

Old 07-01-17, 04:11 PM   #6850
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Mr Corbyn said: "The Tories are in retreat, austerity is in retreat, the economic arguments of austerity are in retreat.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40468881

Tell that to the public sector who have just been stung yet again.

Old 07-01-17, 06:44 PM   #6851
STEED
Lucky Jack

From The Sun..

Quote:
NIGEL Farage said he would not throw his hat in the ring to replace Paul Nuttall as Ukip leader – but refused to rule out a future return to the helm.
Jim you should give it a spin.

Old 07-02-17, 06:19 AM   #6852
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Some recent survey's now show if we voted now the result would be remain. And I firmly believe we are going to remain as the powers to be once again pull the wool over the voters eyes.
Arguably that's a result of what happened in the run up to the EU referendum.

The quality of the debate was utterly appalling - the 2014 IndyRef debate up here was at a much higher level than what happened in 2016. I remember a number of journalists who came up from England after that infamous poll which showed Yes as being ahead actually said they were surprised at how high level the indy debate was.

All I can say to that is - naturally. You don't make a decision on something so huge without making sure all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted, which is something the SNP failed to do convincingly.

The EU debate was infantile in comparison. Sounds snotty, I know, but that's how it was percieved up here.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 07-02-17, 06:50 AM   #6853
STEED
Lucky Jack

MGR1, I posted on here my disgust at the way the EU referendum was conducted by both camps and how short it was. The EU vote was big and people needed to be told the facts not sound bites along with politician's treated it like a day out at the circus.

Moonlight, I now read the link you posted and for the record I do not agree with former terrorists like Maria Gatland going into politics as clearly she should be in prison. Politics is corrupt from top to bottom you can see it along with plenty more like myself but many people don't want to know, this brings me once again to that great scene from the film NETWORK when you listen to what is being said in today's world you come to a conclusion and my one is we are boned.

BTW: I have shouted out loud..I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore..A few times and it was met with silence! Well that's a rap for the human race, stick around it's going to get bad very bad.

Last edited by STEED; 07-02-17 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-02-17, 06:55 AM   #6854
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The government should listen to review bodies' recommendations for public sector pay, Michael Gove has said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40471474

I've got absolutely no time for this individual but for once I wholeheartedly agree with him.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 07-02-17, 07:31 AM   #6855
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40471474

I've got absolutely no time for this individual but for once I wholeheartedly agree with him.
Cracks in May's cabinet are showing but how big will they get?

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics