Old 02-11-21, 12:18 PM   #661
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
You made the wild night avatar today!
Been a while since I have seen that avatar. I recall one member getting a bit hot under the collar when it popped up on him.
Old 02-11-21, 12:33 PM   #662
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Been a while since I have seen that avatar. I recall one member getting a bit hot under the collar when it popped up on him.
I'm confident enough of my maskulinity to pull this off. It does stand out.

can we return to the matter?
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 12:36 PM   #663
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicfire1981 View Post
I'm confident enough of my maskulinity to pull this off. It does stand out.

can we return to the matter?
What you pull off is your own business.
Old 02-11-21, 12:36 PM   #664
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
I do. By the bahaviour of most republican senators, reading books, feet on their desks etc. they seem to be thinking their live were never in danger during the insurection.
(as a sidenote: what would you do with your kids behaving like this while in a private school that costs you a fortune? would they be allowed to stay at that school?)
If they had the slightest worry such event could occur again, only with - say - Bidens followers, they would be a lot more interested in a thorough investigation of the event.
So not even Ted Cruz thinks there are equally violent followers on the other side.
This of course is not what I was talking about. You have a single event on Jan 6 vs an entire summer of violent demonstrations in 2020. In Portland Oregon there were violent clashes with police for 100 consecutive nights. The obvious participants were violent members of Antifa and Black Lives Matter. Across the USA $1–2 billion insured damages. At least 25 deaths. Over 14,000 people arrested. 400+ law enforcement officials and countless civilians injured.

These were not Conservatives, Republicans or followers of Donald Trump. Definitely to the left of centre.

Quote:
Only CNN is news, fox news is commentary.
Tell that to Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Jim Acosta, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Brian Stelter, Jake Tapper and Chris Cillizza. These people are not journalists they are left wing activists. They prove that every time they open their mouths.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 12:45 PM   #665
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ i do not know or heard of those people, but i remember Jim Acosta. he is a journalist, Sean Hannity is nothing.

Anyone believing Murdoch's Fox "news" is out of his trolley anyway, so no chance to even argue. Let them believe what they want and do not waste your time, there's much more interesting stuff in this world.

“I challenge anybody to show me an example of bias in Fox News Channel.”
(Rupert Murdoch)

B.t.w. this is a quite good research of what to read and trust
https://towardsdatascience.com/how-s...s-f28f0fab3cb3

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 01:00 PM   #666
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
This of course is not what I was talking about. You have a single event on Jan 6 vs an entire summer of violent demonstrations in 2020. In Portland Oregon there were violent clashes with police for 100 consecutive nights. The obvious participants were violent members of Antifa and Black Lives Matter. Across the USA $1–2 billion insured damages. At least 25 deaths. Over 14,000 people arrested. 400+ law enforcement officials and countless civilians injured.

These were not Conservatives, Republicans or followers of Donald Trump. Definitely to the left of centre.
Ah, the "whataboutwhattheothersdid" again. It is one of your favourites, isn't it. The deaths are including those from antiprotesters which travelled there from other states to protect private property at gunpoint they have no ties to?
Those riots were horrific. They were - and are - unexcusable. It sincerely discredited the originally good cause from which it originated. But I see no way of comparing this with storming the capitol building to prevent your democratic process and kill your elected officials.
Besides: It is *my* point - you got some return to it?

Quote:

Tell that to Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Jim Acosta, Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Brian Stelter, Jake Tapper and Chris Cillizza. These people are not journalists the are left wing activists. They prove that every time they open their mouths.
What's your point? of course, cuomos commentary is commentary not fact (as stated for brit hume). CNN followed the trial live so you could watch - it does not get more objective than that
Old 02-11-21, 01:07 PM   #667
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ i do not know or heard of those people, but i remember Jim Acosta. he is a journalist, Sean Hannity is nothing.
Really. Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper have prime time slots on CNN every week night. Jake Tapper is on during the day. Which CNN are you watching?

I agree with your evaluation of Hannity. But Jim Acosta is a hack and not a very bright one, masquerading as a journalist. He's good at wrestling with young women for microphones though.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-11-21, 01:31 PM   #668
u crank

Quote:
Those riots were horrific. They were - and are - unexcusable. It sincerely discredited the originally good cause from which it originated. But I see no way of comparing this with storming the capitol building to prevent your democratic process and kill your elected officials.
Well then I would say you are being somewhat selective in your assessment of the events which you are entitled to be. But I think they are exactly the same. Violent insurrection. And the goals would also be quite similar. Violence as a replacement for the political process. It doesn't matter in the least who violent rioters are trying to kill or injure. It's the same crime. And just for the record I condemn the Jan. 6th riot and I hope that all the law breakers are brought to justice.

Quote:
Besides: It is *my* point - you got some return to it?
That was it.

Quote:
What's your point? of course, cuomos commentary is commentary not fact (as stated for brit hume)
My point has already been made. CNN journalists are opinion makers who slant the news to fit the left wing narrative. Just like Fox News does. You are what you eat.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-11-21, 01:34 PM   #669
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

CNN.com or CNN cable network?
Com seems to be almost neutral, while Cable is left-leaning, but still no comparison possible to something like "Breitbart"or the "Daily caller".

I just looked for Chris Cuomo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Cuomo
Interesting, worked for Fox news before, lots of journalist awards, certainly not pro-Trump:

But then i might be like Melania Trump: "I don't really care, do you?"

B.t.w. you cannot stand up against lies when there are so much of them, while you try to debunk and tell the truth needing research and evidence to do this, there are 20 more new lies a minute. Seems who talks most, wins. I still wonder why the "fake news" like CNN did not react in a similar matter. Didn't they see it coming? Belief in journalist work? So old school.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 01:53 PM   #670
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Ohhhhhh SNAP!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2AB07P
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 02:20 PM   #671
u crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
CNN.com or CNN cable network?
I don't don't think there is a difference. Same owner. That being said I don't have cable TV but I go to the CNN website, US Edition, every morning. For four years I never saw a single positive news story about President Trump. Once Joe Biden became the 2020 Dem candidate and up until today I have not seen a single negative story on Biden. I don't know what else to tell you. This isn't journalism, it's activism. And yes Fox News does the same.

It's funny because journalists usually have a high opinion of themselves but that is not the opinion of the public. Polls show an increase in the public's distrust of the media. I don't think they care because almost all news outlets are preaching to the choir. And making money doing so.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-11-21, 02:25 PM   #672
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Charade

In our Russian politics thread, someone said that the trial against this person(which name I have forgot) was nothing but a charade.

Well this ongoing impeachment is also a charade.

In the meaning, whatever evidence, indicier the Dem may present-His former party members among the Rep. will vote against them...Some of them will vote for a verdict though.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 03:09 PM   #673
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I don't don't think there is a difference. Same owner.
There's a big difference which you can see following the url catfish provided. It's so good, I put it in my signature. thanks catfish.

Quote:
That being said I don't have cable TV but I go to the CNN website, US Edition, every morning. For four years I never saw a single positive news story about President Trump.
And how's that cnns fault?
Old 02-11-21, 03:15 PM   #674
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I pretty much never watch any broadcast news, or cable news, simply for the reason I don't want to see or hear the slant provided by the newsreader.

It's easier to filter that out by reading the text.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-21, 03:26 PM   #675
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I think the key to this whole mess is, while Trump talked about fighting like hell, he also very clearly said peacefully.
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote