SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-21, 10:12 AM   #6721
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Catfish, the EU should not have gotten involved in the first at all. It has no mandate for national health policy decisions. But as I think you once quoted a famous motto in Brussels: never let a crisis pass unsed. Mummy Merkel and Super-Uschi wanted to ursurp more powers for the EU by gettign it involved, so to widen its central-state-like authority.

Due to their conspiracy, thousands and tens of thposuands of more people have died and will die than was inevitably anyway.

Will they ever be held accountable for their crime ? No, certainly not. Always the same song.

This and the conflict with Poland and Hungary and the financial Tsunami that is heading for us due to the Corona payments, most likely will have made sure that Britain wil notstay the last cpountry leaving the eU. Poland is a cnadidate, Hungary, Italy, - and even France, when the financial turmoils has its ways with France and Paris showing to be unable to do anythign about it. It may not be wanted by Paris, but it will be dictated by the streets.
Old 03-24-21, 11:18 AM   #6722
Skybird
Soaring

Either more confusion or more precision on the Italian story, it is said now that the doses found in Italy were meant for delivery to Belgium.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56509521
Old 03-24-21, 12:18 PM   #6723
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Catfish, the EU should not have gotten involved in the first at all. It has no mandate for national health policy decisions. But as I think you once quoted a famous motto in Brussels: never let a crisis pass unsed. Mummy Merkel and Super-Uschi wanted to ursurp more powers for the EU by gettign it involved, so to widen its central-state-like authority.
[...] Due to their conspiracy, [...]
Ah a conspiracy to let people die!
There is a much more mundane idea behind it, first all the EU members agreed that it should be an international EU-wide effort, the idea being was that as the EU they would have more weight in negotiations, and an argument for a better and faster production, second a lot of countries were happy to let someone else organise such negotiations in an upcoming pandemic. You can be sure that 27 nations trying to get it all for themselves would have led to something like the f'upped EU-UK situation, only between all of them. Be sure that more people would have died.

At this point no one knew whether there would be any vaccine, and when exactly. Thus they also got a much better price per dose.
I can imagine your rants if the price would have been higher, "incompetent EU" and all that.

You remember how Israel boasted with how perfectly and fast their vaccination worked? Well first they paid the ten-fold price per dose, second they have a complete registry about every single citizen in their only ONE small state, something which would not go well with privacy being used to in the UK, EU or America.

I get it, you do neither like Merkel nor von der Leyen, well you would be astonished how much people i do not like. But Johnson just made it to the top.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 03-24-21 at 12:45 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 01:09 PM   #6724
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Capitalism and greed behind UK's vaccine success? UK PM says 'yes'

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-03-2...COs/index.html

Quote:
"The reason we have the vaccine success is because of capitalism, because of greed my friends,"

Johnson then tried to row back and said: "Actually I regret saying it" and asked lawmakers repeatedly to "forget I said that".

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 01:17 PM   #6725
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The UK and EU say they are working on creating a "win-win" situation to expand vaccine supply for all citizens.

A joint statement says co-operation is "even more important" as Europe faces a third wave of coronavirus.

The European Union has put forward proposals to tighten controls on the export of Covid vaccines amid a row over supplies.

Under the plans any shipment of vaccine would be assessed on the country's rate of vaccinations and vaccine exports.

But the European Commission has denied that stricter controls amount to an export ban.

A further 98 people have died within 28 days of a positive coronavirus in the UK

Brazil has recorded more than 3,000 new daily coronavirus deaths for the first time.

PM Boris Johnson says the UK may have to "take action if necessary" on travel from France "very soon" due to a rising number of cases there.

UK Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says a public inquiry into the government's handling of the pandemic should be held when restrictions are eased.

India's capital, Delhi, will begin randomised Covid tests at airports, bus stops and train stations amid what some experts say is a second wave.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 01:22 PM   #6726
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Capitalism and greed behind UK's vaccine success? UK PM says 'yes'

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-03-2...COs/index.html

A government source says the PM was referring to the profit motive driving companies to develop new products.

Old 03-24-21, 01:23 PM   #6727
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The European Commission will announce proposals this morning to toughen controls on Covid vaccine exports.They will stop short of an export ban but instead measure each shipment on the recipient country’s vaccine rate and exports. The controls will assess “reciprocity” and “proportionality” and are likely to affect the UK and US most.The plans will be discussed by EU leaders tomorrow.

Germany’s RKI public health agency says 75,000 people have now died in the country’s Covid pandemic. Another 15,813 new infections have been reported in the past 24 hours which is higher than a week ago.

Finnish ministers have spent eight hours trying to reach an agreement on toughening measures to stop the spread of a third wave of Covid. Health officials have backed restrictions on movement but in the end they limited their move to extending a three-week closure of indoor dining in restaurants.

Spain is resuming vaccinations with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine today after an eight-day suspension over safety concerns. The Spanish government will decide this afternoon whether to impose new restrictions over Easter early next month as infections are rising again.

Italy’s cases are increasing even faster with 18,765 reported in 24 hours yesterday. Prime Minister Mario Draghi will discuss measures to be introduced after Easter on 6 April. Despite the situation, ministers want to ease restrictions, particularly focusing on early years in schools.

Ukraine has reported a record 342 daily deaths, and also a record number of people taken to hospital in the past day. And Bulgaria has seen a record 4,851 cases in the past 24 hours. Restrictions were tightened last week, with restaurants closed and schools going online.

Students in the Serbian city of Kragujevac have been offered vaccinations with the AstraZeneca drug without an appointment. But since the campaign began yesterday no-one has shown up. Officials believe bad publicity may be to blame.

Old 03-24-21, 01:25 PM   #6728
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-24-21, 01:26 PM   #6729
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-24-21, 01:39 PM   #6730
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I think that EU have given the steering wheels to the bureaucrats when it comes to fighting this Corona and EU's effort to share it with other member state and country outside EU.

I can't come up with any other conclusion, after having read some of your post and hearing/reading the news.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 01:40 PM   #6731
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
A government source says the PM was referring to the profit motive driving companies to develop new products.

The article addressed that too.

Quote:
"Clearly, the prime minister was actually referring to the work that has taken place with pharmaceutical companies and how we have led the way really in this vaccine development," said Patel, who was not in the meeting.

Not that I have anything against what he said, I just found it funny he spoke his mind and in my opinion the truth. Then unfortunately backtracked. Nothing wrong speaking ones mind especially if its the truth. Capitalism and some greed (U.K. first priority) obviously got the job done.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-24-21 at 03:10 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 01:43 PM   #6732
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I get it, you do neither like Merkel nor von der Leyen, well you would be astonished how much people i do not like. But Johnson just made it to the top.
If you mean Bozo Johnson our British Prime Minister it makes me very happy to hear that, in fact it's music to my ears, as a Brexiteer I'm glad we removed the EU shackles or we would be in the same Covid cesspit as the rest of you.

Oooooh, look at all those little Englanders in the video
Land of Hope and Glory - Last Night of the Proms 2009

Old 03-24-21, 02:12 PM   #6733
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You remember how Israel boasted with how perfectly and fast their vaccination worked?
Well first they paid the ten-fold price per dose, second they have a complete registry about every single citizen in their only ONE small state, something which would not go well with privacy being used to in the UK, EU or America.
Something tells me that this Covid-19 virus registration will come back to haunt us all someday from sports games to movie theaters to airports to international passports.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 02:23 PM   #6734
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Thats not what I said.

Your describe it a conspiracy with the aim to have people dying.

What I said is that this conspiracy had the intention to ursurp powers the EU is not yet legitimated to have, and that as a side effect of this more people than is unavoidable are dying.
Old 03-24-21, 02:47 PM   #6735
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
There is a much more mundane idea behind it, first all the EU members agreed that it should be an international EU-wide effort, the idea being was that as the EU they would have more weight in negotiations, and an argument for a better and faster production, second a lot of countries were happy to let someone else organise such negotiations in an upcoming pandemic. You can be sure that 27 nations trying to get it all for themselves would have led to something like the f'upped EU-UK situation, only between all of them. Be sure that more people would have died.

At this point no one knew whether there would be any vaccine, and when exactly. Thus they also got a much better price per dose.
I can imagine your rants if the price would have been higher, "incompetent EU" and all that.

No, I woudl have. instead I have posted in the past that ANY price the proiducers would have demanded would have been mich cheaper still than the endlessly climbing heap of costs due to lockdown costs.
The initiave for getting the EU involved, came from Berlin, Brussels and Paris.
The exmaple of the UK and the US, both with terrible and starts into the corona crisis and now having surpassed us in handling it and having us left behind in their dust, shows the irrelevance of your idea that 27 countries would have gone after each others throats. We now have severla states that have left the EU consensus behind and do their own pirvate deals with Israel, and China. This behaviour ridicules the claimed power and competence of the EU, and Brussels is not happy again.

Quote:
You remember how Israel boasted with how perfectly and fast their vaccination worked? Well first they paid the ten-fold price per dose
NA UND...???

We pay in germany severla billions every week for the consequence sof the bogged down vaccination "campaign". We pay much more than they do, and we get much less effect! Whose finances are better invested here, theirs or ours...?? The nIsraelis get mucz cheaper off with their strategy than we do.

Within the last 48 hours there was some story in one of our newspapers that was about that if the EU would have ordered early and paid the demanded prices, it would have paid much more, yes. But even the total costs of getting two doses for every citizen of a stste that is EU member were equal to the total costs of then lockdown in all Europe per one week. Now do the math. Leave me alone with your concerns about the Corona vaccine. I recommend that yiou compare the prices for them to the prices for other vaccines that get used by prutine toda yins chools, in flu season, the most used vaccinbes. Quite somne ofn them, used by routine and in huge numbers, are more expensive than any of the Corona jabs! I linked to a cost comparision I think ten days ago or so.

Quote:
, second they have a complete registry about every single citizen in their only ONE small state, something which would not go well with privacy being used to in the UK, EU or America.
If the latest events in germany show one thing, than that in crisis our federal system is a mess to manage a crisis, Corona shows clearly the limits of capabilities of our state system. And we add even more worse thigns to this inbuild limit, because the US compares in its federl structure to Germany, Germany was in a way modelled in structure after the American state model - and nevertheless the US, after the orange timeout, gets things done much better now and for some mysterious reasons has vaccine doses. Plenty of them. And gets them into peoples' arms, something that our state cannot get done in impressive numbers, and instead insisting on endlessly regulating it, and not even planning needed measures ahead in time. Incapable idiots. An old man in the house where my parents live, got his jab. It took him three online forms, four telephone calls, and in the centre he had to pass through a windmill of eight (!) assistants, each time being at risk, before he finally got somebody who vaccinated him. Some days ago a read a comoarable story, with even higher numbers in it, in some newspaper. In other countries you can get jabbed on the fly, in supermarkets, in the pedestrian zone, in your car in a vaccnation drive-in. Typical, hopeless German "Bräsigkeit". Immer schön nach endloser Papiervorschrift.

Hilarious. Unbearable self-fixiation of the hierarchy.
Quote:
Afte rhavign messed upo the start, he now does the Corona ciris tango much, much better than our personell could even just hiope to. He gets his people vaccinated in accord and in record time. He does what it takes. Thats both infinitly more than cpuld be said about The German minsiter poresidents, Spahn, Merkel, or the gang in Brussel. They are just complaining that all they see of the impertinent British are their red rear lights in a far distance.

Again, for this failure of theirs, european people die in bigger numbers than would have been needed, and more business and companies get ruined than was unavoidable. The financial costs is much much higher, too.

Sorry, but I am not willing to leave a single good hair on on the German and EU crisis management. Total failure on the broadest front. Merkels stunt now is just the last of an fearsome long list of political mistakes she has made an the past 15 years.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-24-21 at 02:56 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan