SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-23, 01:00 PM   #6601
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Head for the hills it’s the attack of the fact checkers again!

Here’s another one for ya nice thing about this one though it’s actually voiced by a real human.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-20-23 at 01:59 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-23, 01:41 PM   #6602
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I do not have access to this C-Span I can therefore not say whether it was true or fake.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-23, 01:47 PM   #6603
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Speaking of fact checking, Fox has been sued by several derivative shareholder groups for losses incurred over spreading Trump disinformation. These lawsuits will very likely succeed.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-23, 02:15 PM   #6604
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Head for the hills it’s the attack of the fact checkers again!

Here’s another one for ya nice thing about this one though it’s actually voiced by a real human.

Nice try, but no cigar; still doesn't give any verifiable credence to the MAGA/Far-Right GOP/Q-Anon/Trumpette BS floating around as being true; I guess only a court decision by a jury will have to be made to get to the bottom of it all, but, then, I'm pretty sure the MAGA/Far-Right GOP/Q-Anon/Trumpette minions have already loaded up their "FAKE NEWS!!!" ammo if case the decisions go against their interests, as they most likely will...

...and it really doesn't matter if its voiced by a human or not, since it was a human who did the compilation; I suppose you would deny a certified document unless a real human actually spoke it to you; no wonder you have such a hard time grasping details since you must have a human speak it to you;...

...(this has been a recording...)...

<O>
Old 09-20-23, 02:57 PM   #6605
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Biden announces $30 billion program to buy votes -- er, to pay a 20,000 strong "Climate Corps" to "deploy renewable energy technologies."

Modeled on FDR, because one Great Depression wasn't enough.

WHITE HOUSE

Biden takes executive action to launch Climate Corps
White House hopes to put 20,000 people to work in the first year

https://rollcall.com/2023/09/20/bide...climate-corps/

Quote:
By David Jordan
Posted September 20, 2023 at 8:10am

President Joe Biden on Wednesday is taking executive action to establish the American Climate Corps, a workforce training and service initiative that seeks to take inspiration from the New Deal to address the impacts of climate change.

Without additional funding from Congress, the White House said the program will focus on “leveraging and enhancing existing programs” such as AmeriCorps, the federal agency for service and volunteering, to help reach the administration’s climate goals.

National Climate Advisor Ali Zaidi said the administration hopes to put 20,000 people to work in the first year on projects that include deploying renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies and making communities more resilient to the effects of climate change.

“And we’ll do all of this while creating pathways to high quality good paying clean energy and climate resilience jobs in the public sector and in the private, all of which we are focused and committed to making sure will be high road jobs — jobs with good wages, good benefits and the right to organize,” Zaidi said Tuesday in a call with reporters.

The Climate Corps will offer paid opportunities and most of the positions will require no prior experience. Biden will also encourage AmeriCorps CEO Michael D. Smith to make Climate Corps members eligible for education awards currently available to AmeriCorps members.

The Office of Personnel Management is issuing a proposed rule-making to allow participants to have a streamlined pathway into civil service jobs.

Biden endorsed the idea of a corps modeled after the New Deal’s Civilian Conservation Corps during his 2020 campaign for president. The idea, along with $30 billion to fund it, was included in the reconciliation bill known as the “Build Back Better Act” that passed the House in November 2021.

But lawmakers dropped it during the negotiations for the reconciliation bill that became the Inflation Reduction Act.

Sen. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass., and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., on Monday led a letter signed by more than 50 Democrats calling for executive action as they “continue to fight for additional resources from Congress.”

“By leveraging the historic climate funding secured during your Administration, using existing authorities, and coordinating across AmeriCorps and other relevant federal agencies, your Administration can create a federal Civilian Climate Corps that unites its members in an effort to fight climate change, build community resilience, support environmental justice, and develop career pathways to good-paying union jobs focused on climate resilience and a clean economy,” the members wrote.

Five states — Michigan, California, Colorado, Maine and Washington — have already launched climate corps programs. The White House said another five — Arizona, Utah, Minnesota, North Carolina and Maryland — are slated to launch programs, also on Wednesday.

Old 09-20-23, 03:27 PM   #6606
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Seems like you have a bigger refugees problem than we have.

https://twitter.com/BillMelugin_/sta...35232970457439

Markus

Old 09-20-23, 03:30 PM   #6607
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Biden announces $30 billion program to buy votes -- er, to pay a 20,000 strong "Climate Corps" to "deploy renewable energy technologies."

Modeled on FDR, because one Great Depression wasn't enough.

WHITE HOUSE

Biden takes executive action to launch Climate Corps
White House hopes to put 20,000 people to work in the first year

https://rollcall.com/2023/09/20/bide...climate-corps/

...meanwhile, while the nations has real problems, the GOP is busy fighting pronouns, dudes in dresses, dubious laptops, and their own lack of any cohesive, coherent solutions to what regular US voters really care about...

...interesting to see what comes out on top in next years election when the voters have to decide who they really think will serve them best; if the GOP wants to have any chance, they'd better dump Trump The Chump, ignore the Far-Right Wing Nuts, start actually addressing real issues...

<O>
Old 09-20-23, 03:39 PM   #6608
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Seems like you have a bigger refugees problem than we have.

https://twitter.com/BillMelugin_/sta...35232970457439

Markus
Yep some say over 2 million a year have walked over our southern border coming in from other countries around the globe. Heard it’s a free for all near Eagle Pass, sanctuary cities should brace for shock it’s gonna get even more crowded. To me it’s a strong indication the global economy isn’t all rainbows and unicorns.

Europe is in the same bind. Read migrants are taking over the island of Lampedusa and Germany has told Poland to stop allowing migrants to continue on.

In Europe you all can at least blame your unelected officials. We don’t have that luxury here it’s what we voted for. Or you know it could be another one of Biden’s jokes, he’s known to be such a kidder.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-20-23 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-20-23, 03:41 PM   #6609
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Yep some say over 2 million a year have walked over our southern border. Heard it’s a free for all near Eagle Pass, sanctuary cities should brace for shock it’s gonna get even more crowded.
What about crime rates in these sanctuary cities ?

Markus

Old 09-20-23, 03:52 PM   #6610
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:

Markus
I’ve read that everything from little mom and pop shops to major retails have closed up in some areas because of the increase in theft.

Old 09-20-23, 04:00 PM   #6611
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Quote:

Markus
Screw the Sanctuary Cities. Read up on Liberty County - Illegal immigrant settlement in Texas!
Old 09-20-23, 04:21 PM   #6612
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Interesting to note that, although the cited clip in on C-PAN's website, C-SPAN makes note they are not the one's responsible for the clip; in red lettering at the top right of the sight:

Now, for those for whom actual details really mater, not just a suspect video title, here is a FactCheck.org posting clarifying what is actually known about this so-called "admission" of a "quid pro quo":

Trump Revives False Narrative on Biden and Ukraine -

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/10/tr...n-and-ukraine/

Note that the article was originally posted way back in October, 2020, two whole years ago and was updated just this past August,2023; the update is also particularly interesting since it addressees the particularly Far-Right GOP bugaboo about their allegations the Ukrainian prosecutor, who was ousted allegedly due to Biden's influence, was actually a crusader against corruption who was ousted for wanting to indict Burisma and, by extension, Hunter Biden; however, the details (pesky little things they are for the Far-Right GOP) speak otherwise...

<O>
If you want the original clip you can see it on the Council on Foreign Relations website, the original video is 65 minutes long. it was "taped" on Jan 23 2018. The clip you question starts at 50 min into it.
Original video

Biden admitted it on tape, and it WAS NOT taken out of context.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-23, 04:28 PM   #6613
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
If you want the original clip you can see it on the Council on Foreign Relations website, the original video is 65 minutes long. it was "taped" on Jan 23 2018. The clip you question starts at 50 min into it.
Original video

He’s only interested in ‘his’ fact-check. I know this because even after I linked to my fact-check that proves Santa is real he still doesn’t believe in Santa

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-20-23 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-20-23, 05:49 PM   #6614
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh look Biden’s own words again.

Old 09-20-23, 07:13 PM   #6615
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Original video

Watched the clip; noted that there appears to have been some editing done, but none in the area you indicated (50 min in); the clip does not show Biden admitting to a personal quid pro quo, but, rather to his passing along a position given to him by the POTUS, Obama; note that Biden explicitly states he was challenged by the Ukrainian power at the time (saying Biden couldn't do a withholding), he directly told them that if the Ukrainians doubted there was any power behind Biden's demand (which was, at the time, also backed by other nations), then they should call the President and ask Obama; there was no explicit or otherwise indicated quid pro quo regarding Hunter Biden; it is what it appears to be: a high government official tasked by the POTUS to convey the concerns and policy of the US government at the time; this is no smoking gun by a very, very long shot; it isn't even a leaky water pistol...

If you want to convince someone, then please specifically show where in that entire clip is there any thing that explicitly ties Biden to any proven corruption...

The context still stands and the lack of real, verifiable proof is still painfully obvious...

Quote:
He’s only interested in ‘his’ fact-check. I know this because even after I linked to my fact-check that proves Santa is real he still doesn’t believe in Santa

Nah, I just followed your lead and do what you usually do when someone rebuts, with proof, the swill you post as "fact": I just didn't bother to actually read the rebuttal (TLDR Syndrome) or in this case, since it was a video, maybe it should be TLDW (Too Long Didn't Watch)...

it is rather interesting that rather than giving any substantiative material to dispute what I posted, you chose instead to resort to sorry, weak mockery of the act of actually trying to ascertain the veracity of the data behind the MAGA/Trump/Q-Anon regurgitations...

I guess when one really doesn't have a cogent counter-argument, reversion to schoolyard derision should be expected...

Now, go away, the adults are talking...

<O>