SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-13, 09:14 AM   #646
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Yes, but as you have set them, they will get damage as soon as the bow compartment is damaged, no matter how close to the actual sensor the explosion was.
No,this is not the case...
Probably because damage boxes are connected to two different controllers from two different objects...

Quote:
Couldn't you just use the hydrophone station slot for this purpose?
I use It for radars because antennas should be repairable at sea if large amount of damage isn't taken, something we could not say for GHG/Balkon sensors...

Quote:
Aren't listening functionalities affected by damage to the station?
No...

Quote:
If not, you could set the hydro station zone as father of sensor zones as you did with the new 'damage accumulator' slots. If possible, I would get rid of the latter or at least I would hide them from the damage UI and call the sensor slots "GHG/KDB/Balkon apparatus", meaning the sensors together with their relay and wiring systems which could have been fixed from within the sub.
Hmm, nice idea...
In this way I could get rid of default hydrophone station slot (which is pure cosmetics) and interpret damage from the actual sensor like repairable internal damage for hydrophone subsystem...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 09:26 AM   #647
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Gap, I also have much more to tell you about problems (I've tested this a lot) and possible solutions for implementation of two hydrophones sensors at the same time but it will take to much time to wright all down plus there is possibility that I will not express my self correctly...
Is there any chance for us to change a few words via some comm server (I have my own Teamspeek server for that purpose ) or by skype maybe. This would improve our progress drastically...
Old 11-17-13, 10:08 AM   #648
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hmm, nice idea...
In this way I could get rid of default hydrophone station slot (which is pure cosmetics) and interpret damage from the actual sensor like repairable internal damage for hydrophone subsystem...
Exactly. I suppose that the hydrophone station getting damage from sensor's damage and, conversely, sensors getting damaged if the station is damaged, would be realistic, accountig for the evenince of short circuits (would be cool if Benno too could get a shot every now and then ). A positive side effect of removing the cosmetic slots, would be that damage UI would look "cleaner" and we would make more space for any new equipment which you might want to add to the bow compartment in future
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-13, 10:27 AM   #649
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Is there any chance for us to change a few words via some comm server (I have my own Teamspeek server for that purpose ) or by skype maybe. This would improve our progress drastically...
Just sent you a PM
Old 11-17-13, 08:58 PM   #650
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

No more public progress?
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 08:43 AM   #651
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
No more public progress?
Today I am going to put together a set of tests on the ability to fit multiple sensors of the same type aboard, similar to the experiments carried out by Vecko during the last weekend. I hope I can replicate the same oddities reported by him, and track down a possibe cause of them. Whatever are my results, I will report them here, and I will submit our findings to tcharlii, for him to integrate our "GHG + KDB concept" into his hydrophone mod, and to improve it via scripting, if possible
Old 11-18-13, 03:22 PM   #652
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
SHO

Vdr1981 and gap, I thank you for all the work that you have done with this mod. It has definitely improved this simulation by leaps and bounds! Keep up the excellent work Captains!!!
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 05:09 PM   #653
bandit484
Medic

SHO

Vdr1981, is there by any chance in the future a version of R.S.d that will be compatible with csp maguires interface ? If so that would be awesome. If not then that is ok.
Old 11-18-13, 11:49 PM   #654
bandit484
Medic

SHO

I decided to try this mod with csp maguires ui and it works! How cool!!!
Old 11-19-13, 09:24 AM   #655
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit484 View Post
I decided to try this mod with csp maguires ui and it works! How cool!!!
Very nice!

Do you remember are there any CSP files overwritten by RSD?
Old 11-19-13, 03:06 PM   #656
bandit484
Medic

SHO

Quote:
Very nice!

Do you remember are there any CSP files overwritten by RSD?
Not to my knowledge bud. R.S.D. Runs very smoothly with CSP. I have to tell you thank you for fixing the #5 torpedo loading bug while in port. It sure is nice having the type of fish that I pick not being rejected for a T1 fish instead. Same goes for the camo paint pattern to.
Old 11-20-13, 02:00 AM   #657
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Most ppl seem to use
R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible) or
R.E.M_by_Xrundel_TheBeast_1.2 - no hyd on surface - NewUIs-IRAI compatible

depending on liking but few use

R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (no hyd on surface) or
R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (normal)

I would think one"no hyd on surface would be sufficient but I like the limited function on surface and I like using GHG.
I use "R.E.M. - hydrophone mute for player fix (TDW compatible)" , but is there any point adding "R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (normal)"
I like that it has a function, but while moving on surface it should be more or less unuseable both for me and my soundguy and RSD s mod seem to be described that way. I can t seem to find any detailed description of REM s mute mod.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 10:21 AM   #658
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
but is there any point adding "R.S.D. & R.E.M. - GHG Hydrophone add-on (normal)"
I like that it has a function, but while moving on surface it should be more or less unuseable both for me and my soundguy and RSD s mod seem to be described that way. I can t seem to find any detailed description of REM s mute mod.
Yes , there is a point because R.S.D. use it's own uboat sensor2 file with it's own sensors data controllers in order to make GHG destroyable... For REM hydrophone settings , you should use one of the given patches...
Old 11-22-13, 08:54 AM   #659
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Ahooooy Gap!

Any progress with dual hydrophones sensors? I'm still getting the same results...
Old 11-22-13, 09:29 AM   #660
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Version 5.5 is almost ready and when that happens this thread going for [REL] tags... I've tested everything that can be tested and with Gap's help I've manage to do a lot more than I thought possible...

Last edited by vdr1981; 11-23-13 at 10:30 AM.