SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-23, 01:27 PM   #631
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-23, 06:04 AM   #632
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Israel's ambassador to the UK rejects a two-state solution between Israel and the Palestinians.

"Absolutely no," says Tzipi Hotovely, adding: "The Palestinians never wanted to have a state next to Israel"

The comments double-down on messaging from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Hotovely also rules out a ceasefire in Gaza: "It just basically means we would like to welcome another attack of 7 October"

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza says early morning Israeli air strikes kill at least 19 people.

In Israel, White House National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan is expected to hold talks with Israeli ministers on Thursday.

Hamas broke through Israel's heavily guarded perimeter on 7 October, killing 1,200 people and taking 240 hostages - some of whom were released during a brief truce.

The health ministry in Gaza, which is run by Hamas, says 18,600 people have been killed and 50,000 injured in the enclave since the start of the Gaza war.

Old 12-14-23, 06:36 AM   #633
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-14-23, 06:48 AM   #634
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

They are able to wipe out Hamas in Gaza I think, but now Hamas is finding growing support in West Jordan as well where before it was not too big due to its threat for Fatah leader Abbas and thus being actively suppressed, also the civil population did not care much for the events in Gaza in recent years and preferred to live in its protected bubble of - in comparison to Gaza - moderate wealth and less terror.

And I wonder whether Israel would and/or could engage Hamas in West Jordan, too. After another 7-10 : yes, surely they would, but without such a trigger event? Also, its a bigger place than Gaza, though maybe less tunnels? I dont know, probably less tunnels indeed.
Old 12-14-23, 01:43 PM   #635
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-15-23, 06:30 AM   #636
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Israel’s military says it has recovered the bodies of two Israeli soldiers, Nik Beizer and Ron Scherman, 19, who were taken hostage by Hamas on 7 October.

It comes hours after Israel retrieved the body of hostage Elia Toledano, 28, who was taken by Hamas from the Supernova music festival.

Israel has continued its heavy bombardment of Gaza overnight with children reportedly among those killed.

White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is due to meet Palestinian Authority officials in the occupied West Bank later.

Sullivan said his meeting with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu about shifting to a more precise phase of military operations had been "constructive"

Hamas broke through Israel's heavily guarded perimeter on 7 October, killing 1,200 people and taking 240 hostages - some of whom were released during a brief truce.

The health ministry in Gaza, which is run by Hamas, says more than 18,700 people have been killed and 50,000 injured in the enclave since the start of the Gaza war.

Old 12-15-23, 07:01 AM   #637
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-15-23, 01:40 PM   #638
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-23, 01:50 PM   #639
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-16-23, 06:31 AM   #640
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Demonstrations have taken place in Tel Aviv with calls for the Israeli government to do more to bring home hostages from Gaza.

The protests were sparked by the Israeli military mistakenly killing three hostages in Gaza - Yotam Haim, Samer Talalka and Alon Shamriz - after misidentifying them as a "threat"

Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, described the deaths as an "unbearable tragedy"

The Israeli offensive has continued in Gaza - with residents reporting fighting in northern, central and southern Gaza.

The health ministry in Gaza, which is run by Hamas, says more than 18,700 people have been killed and 50,000 injured in the enclave since the start of the Gaza war.

Old 12-16-23, 07:13 AM   #641
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-16-23, 01:20 PM   #642
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
"hey that's life" aka 'friendly fire'...happens all the time everywhere...nuthin to fuss about...move along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The protests were sparked by the Israeli military mistakenly killing three hostages in Gaza - Yotam Haim, Samer Talalka and Alon Shamriz - after misidentifying them as a "threat"
Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, described the deaths as an "unbearable tragedy"
"Hey that's life"...ol' Benny N should not suddenly alter his original assessment of the friendly-fire casualties bound to arise from the grim/no quarter close-quarter combat in Gaza...That said, I speak as a former (goyim) armed-guard of a large S.F. Jewish rest‐home and the San Rafael Temple during the high holidays...with a first cousin who reverted to our German-Schwabian great grandmother's faith and lives in a kibbutz in Israel.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-23, 01:46 PM   #643
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-16-23, 02:55 PM   #644
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Shades of Saddam Hussain a hidin' in his hole in the ground!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-23, 09:08 AM   #645
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Aid trucks entering Gaza from Egypt have been boarded and stripped of their supplies amid severe food shortages.

The UN Palestinian refugee agency says hungry people are helping themselves to food, making it almost impossible to distribute aid.

France's foreign minister has called for an "immediate and durable" truce, saying "too many civilians are being killed"

The UK and Germany have also jointly called for ceasefire, "but only if it is sustainable" in the long-term.

But PM Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will "fight to the end" in order to achieve its objectives of eliminating Hamas and freeing hostages.