SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-09, 11:23 PM   #616
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I'm working currently on a modified one-click installer for the DWX Mod. Just have to get the last bugs out of the .bat file which is used for installing and then make the actual installer which just takes a bit of time because my laptop isnt the fastest.

Once I'm done, that installer will be released at the CADC for download. Oh, btw. the installer ships with the latest JSGME Tool and of course DWX is fully JSGME compliant then.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 11:19 AM   #617
falconsix
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
I'm working currently on a modified one-click installer for the DWX Mod. Just have to get the last bugs out of the .bat file which is used for installing and then make the actual installer which just takes a bit of time because my laptop isnt the fastest.

Once I'm done, that installer will be released at the CADC for download. Oh, btw. the installer ships with the latest JSGME Tool and of course DWX is fully JSGME compliant then.

Cheers
OS
If you do this, it is possible to make an setup for the german version for the Game, too? It is defiantetly possible, it runs at my system, too. Just rename all "Database" files from XXXX.exx to XXXX.gxx and in the interfaces folder all "textE.dll" and "textCE.dll" (if present, not all units does have this file) to "textG.dll" or "textCG.dll". This works fine!
falconsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 03:22 PM   #618
OneShot
Grey Wolf

It is certainly possible, but since I dont have the german version I have no way of bugtesting as well as making sure to get all the files in the first place. So I leave this task to someone else.
Old 09-25-09, 03:24 PM   #619
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post

Cheers
OS
I love you.

Please include the most recent patches/doctrine updates and the english voice pack as well.
Old 09-25-09, 07:10 PM   #620
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Where do I get the Voice Pack and whats the latest Patch?
Old 09-25-09, 07:25 PM   #621
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Where do I get the Voice Pack and whats the latest Patch?

Here : http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...=4912&langid=1 and follow the links.

Voice packs in the number of 2 : English and Russian

The latest patch supersedes all other patches, it includes all the doctrine patches + patch that fixes the sonar freezing on the Harushio, Type 212 and Collins.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 07:57 PM   #622
Snakeeyes
Captain

Location: trailing 1400 yards behind an Oscar-II with my outer doors open
Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Here : http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/sho...=4912&langid=1 and follow the links.

Voice packs in the number of 2 : English and Russian

The latest patch supersedes all other patches, it includes all the doctrine patches + patch that fixes the sonar freezing on the Harushio, Type 212 and Collins.
Beware... it made my game unplayable for some reason. I had problems with it being compatible with DWX/RA.
Old 09-25-09, 08:14 PM   #623
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeyes View Post
Beware... it made my game unplayable for some reason. I had problems with it being compatible with DWX/RA.
Well I have no problem with the voice pack and patch. Perhpas your installation or download was corrupted?
Old 09-25-09, 08:25 PM   #624
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

No probs here either.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 10:17 PM   #625
OneShot
Grey Wolf

I've got an error in the Weaponsloadout screen for both the KA27 and the 212A Class sub (haven't tried any other platforms yet). It says "Failed to load Bitmap" On my netbook DW continued to work and I could go on into the mission and on my other laptop DW crashed after displaying the error.

Any ideas ?
Old 09-25-09, 10:26 PM   #626
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
I've got an error in the Weaponsloadout screen for both the KA27 and the 212A Class sub (haven't tried any other platforms yet). It says "Failed to load Bitmap" On my netbook DW continued to work and I could go on into the mission and on my other laptop DW crashed after displaying the error.

Any ideas ?
Try a different graphics driver.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 11:05 PM   #627
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:

Any ideas ?
had the same problem when installing the mod via JSGME. When I installed it normally (in root directory) no problems anymore.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 07:22 AM   #628
caymanlee
Medic

Downloads: 32

Quote:

Any ideas ?
"Failed to load Bitmap" caused by lack of certain weapon loadout bitmap in "wpnloadout*.grp" files, the reason that happen, in RA_Mod case, is the unclean installation. recommend clean sweep the old DW, reinstall the DW, then patch, then RA_mod, there will be no this kind of problem. --------"DWX_RA_OPFOR_INFO.txt" make it very clear
caymanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 09:44 AM   #629
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

hey there,

Just finished initial testing and I'm starting MP objective based mission planning very soon.

I'm a bit out of touch but will attempt an idea; input is welcome from any and all. This is what I have in mind so far:

* open ended scenario(s) and complete freedom of movement of all sides.

* up to 5 hours run-time. Actual run-time is dependent on actions of the players involved.

* MP scenario will involve transiting of a platform and the requirement of reaching it's destination alive by any means necessary, or total elimination of opposing forces, whichever 1st.

* in some instances, scenarios will include stealth as mission tasking (remain covert, avoid contact)

* 'linked' MP scenarios where each map of a series will represent a part of a larger scenario. Of course I can't link the actual outcome of one of the series; wish i could.

* ROE in effect, yet subject to change based on possible escalation of events. When I say 'possible' I do mean possible, it will really depend on the actions of players involved.

* mission tasking and any / all intel updates will be sent via radio comms.

* custom audios of XO to help keep the commander(player) abreast of the situation / change of events.

that's all for now..
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 03:22 AM   #630
kipper
Watch

Downloads: 7

I think I may have lost the plot here.

Many RA subs have no AI. They just plod along at he initial spped and ignore everything around them, including torpedoes. For example, one of my tests is a Skipjack and I am an Alfa. I can go around him in circles at ranges of 5000m down to 300m with no reaction, fire torpedoes and don't get a response, etc.

I was planning on doing some structured testing and formally report results but I needed to check in to see if I am doing something stupid, have missed something in the docs... or are big parts of this mod MP only?

Tx

K
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reinforce alert