SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-21-11, 07:18 AM   #6091
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakuth View Post
Oh yeah, I tried that first. No difference.

Well, I'm about to give up totally - which is largely why it took me so long to respond. I was kind of hoping version 7 would come out so I could download a new zip file, because this one doesn't work for me. But anyway, while I'm typing I might as well see if anyone can help me with all my problems:

1. As described. WinRAR, WinZip, ZipGenius. WinZip won't unzip at all, WinRAR produces an error, and ZipGenius works, but the mod does not.
1a. If I get it all unzipped, either with WinRAR (skipping the error) or ZipGenius, the same thing is produced. Screenshots and so forth earlier in this thread where this is a big "OK" dialog box on loading the game.
1b. I tried using ZipGenius to unzip into an unnested directory. Like C:\. Renaming the extremely long "(don't enable)" directory so it was not so long, and then moving the whole lot into the SH5 MODS directory (if I did not rename it, Windows flat out refused to move it because some of the filenames were too long.) But this made no change either - big dialog with an OK in it.

2. This is something I've found odd with this mod, but never mentioned it. Enabling it seems all sorts of weird. Looking at the directory structure it looks like TDW has designed it so I enable "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith" and this in turn extracts all the optional mods. They are then listed on the left, and I can enable to my hearts content. Only problem is, it doesn't work. All the mods are there, but not the BASE mod. I expect this is because "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith" is already listed as an activated mod, but if I start SH5, its just the stock game.
2a. I have been able to get it to work by manually copying the mods out of NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith\MODS\ and placing them in the root \SH5\MODS\ directory. Then I can enable "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith" followed by whatever optional mods I want. I see no-one else complain about this, but I can't imagine how no-one else has this problem! I mean, when I enable the optional mods, I don't even get a warning that "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith has already changed that file" -- so it seems to me that NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith is not enabled. The directory NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith is sitting in \SH5\MODS\ as though it is ready to be enabled, but I can't enable it with JGME because it thinks it already is!

Hi Dakuth

I really can't understand why ZipGenius should not unzip the files. It is a mystery to me. To me it sounds like a corrupt file somewhere.
- (Your point 1) you say ZipGenius works but the mod doesn't.
Do you mean that the mod doesn't extracts?
Or that the extracted mod (Base mod) doesn't work after you have exstracted it?

- (Your point 1a) If there is an OK" it should be OK, or?

- (Your point 1b) You say "moving the whole lot into the SH5 MODS directory".
I suppose you mean the " NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS" folder (with all the included mods) into "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS", right?

- (Your point 2) You say "TDW has designed it so I enable "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith" and this in turn extracts all the optional mods". You don't have to!
After you have opened the .7z file extract only the "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_ 6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith" folder with ZipGenius to a place if your choice e.g. the desktop. Choose only this one! Nothing else.
(If you later after this want one or more of the optional mods included you can unzip them one by one afterwards).

Then you say "it doesn't work".
Don't you find the "Base mod"in JSGME (that it isn't there)?
Or do you mean that not any of the mods work when you enable them?

Since you also say "I was kind of hoping version 7 would come out" I suppose you are talking about the Patch, right?
What you say about 'because "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0 by TheDarkWraith" is already listed as an activated mod, but if I start SH5, its just the stock game' makes me curious.
I believe what makes you believe it's the stock is that the Patch overwrites the old mod thus resetting the UserOptions.py to what all the options in the UserOptions.py file were before you did your settings in the base mod". Don't do this. Do the following.
When you unzip the new Patch if you look closely among all the mods included in the new "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\MODS" folder there is the Patch you want. It's called exactly the same as the "Base mod" (NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith).
This means the Patch will paste into the "Base mod" (that you already have in your JSGME) when you paste the Patch into "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS".
Before copying the Patch into into "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS" you should use the MigrationTool that you find in: New UIs 6.3.0\NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_6_ 3_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Applications.
(In the OptionsMigrater "Old options" = the UserOptions.py" in your "Base mod", "New Options"= the UserOptions.py in your Patch.
This will copy the settings in your "Base mod's" UserOptions.py file to the Patch's UserOptions.py. If you after this copy your Patch into "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS" the Patch will overwrite the "Base mod" but since it already has all your settings you've done in the "Base mod's" UserOptions.py file it will not change these settings. Only add the new options that come with this new Patch.
Now if you look through the UserOptions.py file in your "Base mod" you'll find your old settings + these added options that you can set after your taste.

Remember - always deactivate all mods in the JSGME before updating. Then enable the "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_B yTheDarkWraith" first.

That's it. You should be ready to enable the "Base mod" in JSGME.
Off you go!
Hope this helps to solve your problem.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 08:03 AM   #6092
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

I'm in trouble !! lol

Short of it, i forgot to save all my mods for all my silent hunters when setting a raid setup up

Lost all screenies of installed mod layouts and small mods i did for 4 and 5 so i'm having to sort each game via memeory (ohh crikey lol)

In a few words "I'm lost at sea" lol

So .......................

Trying my best to get mods sorted etc, i have only this latest 6.3.0 + patches to run with

Now can someone off top of their head answer these Q's ............

My sub now sinks like a brick when no forward propulsion (did somewhat previously at around 100m or so i guess)

My sub seems to engage electric motors after i stop engines/motors on either a submersion or surface (i generally like to slip below surface nice n quiet also saving batteries from needing to be charged)

Running 6.3.0 patched to 6 (correctly i hope)

Will try and show mods i've installed thus far in case its a mod soup problem

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
ALTAC
Accurate German Flags
Environment 5.0 MOD
AilDeckwave 1.0
No Umark
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
BRF 1.3 full
EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0
MoraleMod
Reduced Mission Tonnage v02
North Atlantic Green 1.1
sobers multi color mod V2
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
MFCM 1.2.1 OPTIONAL crash_dive workaround
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Open_Horizons
Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
Manos Scopes-Core Files
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_29_No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth
IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface
Old Style Explosions V1.1
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4

Many many Thanks

Bye

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 11:13 AM   #6093
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
I'm in trouble !! lol

Short of it, i forgot to save all my mods for all my silent hunters when setting a raid setup up

Lost all screenies of installed mod layouts and small mods i did for 4 and 5 so i'm having to sort each game via memeory (ohh crikey lol)

In a few words "I'm lost at sea" lol

So .......................

Trying my best to get mods sorted etc, i have only this latest 6.3.0 + patches to run with

Now can someone off top of their head answer these Q's ............

My sub now sinks like a brick when no forward propulsion (did somewhat previously at around 100m or so i guess)

My sub seems to engage electric motors after i stop engines/motors on either a submersion or surface (i generally like to slip below surface nice n quiet also saving batteries from needing to be charged)

Running 6.3.0 patched to 6 (correctly i hope)

Will try and show mods i've installed thus far in case its a mod soup problem

RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
ALTAC
Accurate German Flags
Environment 5.0 MOD
AilDeckwave 1.0
No Umark
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
Enhanced FunelSmoke_by HanSolo78
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
BRF 1.3 full
EngineSoundsImproved_v1.0
MoraleMod
Reduced Mission Tonnage v02
North Atlantic Green 1.1
sobers multi color mod V2
Realistic ammo amount for AA and deck guns
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
MFCM 1.2.1 OPTIONAL crash_dive workaround
DBSM_Music_1_0_4
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
sobers no footstep sound mod
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Open_Horizons
Nauticalwolf's_Damage_and_Torpedo_UI(g)_Mod_v1.1
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_alt_officer_wounded_by_Torpedo
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_AltAdvSpeedGraphics_by_naights
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_WWIIInterface_by_naights
Manos Scopes-Core Files
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
IRAI_0_0_29_No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth
IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface
Old Style Explosions V1.1
SteelViking's Sky Banding Mod
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1.4

Many many Thanks
Hi there def
For one - I think you should enable the "NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
" first.
About the rest of them - I think it looks OK. Hopefully.
Old 01-21-11, 12:10 PM   #6094
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Hiya,

Chased down my prob

Got to be one of three mods installed

Will sift through them after food

Many Thanks

ps: in hope against hope, has anyone got got sobers sky banding mod ? he pulled it, but i found it great for my needs

Bye

Def

Last edited by Defiance; 01-21-11 at 01:24 PM. Reason: edited text
Old 01-21-11, 01:31 PM   #6095
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hiya,

Chased down my prob

Got to be one of three mods installed

Will sift through them after food

Many Thanks

ps: in hope against hope, has anyone got got sobers sky banding mod ? he pulled it, but i found it great for my needs

Would be interesting to know which three mods and which one of these that eventually seems to be the bad guy.

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-21-11 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-21-11, 01:50 PM   #6096
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Bug? Or maybe just me being foolish?

I'm assigned a recon mission to Bergen Naval Base.
When I get to Bergen all I find are several german naval ships + one british ship in the harbour reporting she has sighted me. So I finish her off with my deck gun.

The little bright yellow icon with the camera icon shows on the map so I know I've reached the right position.
At the very top of the screen is the "anchor icon" asking: Dock at Bergen giving me the options 1. Refit 2.End Patrol 3.Postpone. Numbers 1 & 3 are available #2 is not.
In the Captain's Log I can see that my mission is "Not Completed". Just the latest message from BdU to maintain radio silence for two hours.

But the Radio Messages keep coming... So far six or seven british ships have reported they have sighted me. The funny thing is that there are no brits to be found in the vicinity...

What am I missing here? What am I supposed to do to complete my recon mission? I remember from SH4 I could take photos when on recons but in SH5 I haven't found the key. Is that what I'm missing?

Besides - BdU keeps calling me U-45 when it should be U-19.
In the Radio Messages I'm called U-19.

Why?

Please help me out.

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-22-11 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-21-11, 01:57 PM   #6097
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Hiya,

Hehe, as i just read this i'm freshly installing SH5, thought it maybe easier to track culprit down from afresh so to speak

Had another thought, asap game's installed i'll test and report back

As Said, problem is not anything to do with TDW's UI mod (just not having any previous versions to fall back on to check i was at a loss as to what was causing problems)

Bye

Def
Old 01-21-11, 03:38 PM   #6098
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11
Default a gues

Bug? Or maybe just me being foolish?
When I get to Bergen all I find are several german naval ships + one british ship in the harbour reporting she has sighted me. So I finish her off with my deck gun.

The little bright yellow icon with the camera icon shows on the map so I know I've reached the right position.
At the very top of the screen is the "anchor icon" asking: Dock at Bergen giving me the options 1. Refit 2.End Patrol 3.Postpone. Numbers 1 & 3 are available #2 is not.
In the Captain's Log I can see that my mission is "Not Completed". Just the latest message from BdU to maintain radio silence for two hours.

But the Radio Messages keep coming... So far six or seven british ships have reported they have sighted me. The funny thing is that there are no brits to be found in the vicinity...

What am I missing here? What am I supposed to do to complete my recon mission? I remember from SH4 I could take photos when on recons but in SH5 I haven't found it. Is that what I'm missing?

Why?

Please help me out.

//

What i think you must do: get as close you can for the ,,recon point,, Go to the periscop. Move the scope to have in site one of the enemy ships and the push ,,space,,. That lock the target and in the middle of the scope you must have ,,take photo,,. You push that and you mission must be complete then. I remember you that i only gues that - but just give a try.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 04:01 PM   #6099
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

What am I missing here? What am I supposed to do to complete my recon mission? I remember from SH4 I could take photos when on recons but in SH5 I haven't found it. Is that what I'm missing?

Why?

Please help me out.

//
If you want that in Radio Messages to have the same name like the Bdu call you then must to change the ,,hull number,, in
TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

1. disable the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
2. open with notepad the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py (mine is in C:Ubisoft/Silent hunter 5/MODS/NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith/Data/Scripts/Menu)
3. Find inside: UboatHullNumber = "U-19" and replace U-19 with wathever you want that you apear in radio messages
4. Save
5. Enable the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 06:32 PM   #6100
Ross59
Watch

Downloads: 627

Hi TDW The patch fixed my problem of not being able to select journals. I now have an issue with not getting a reply when I request a 'Depth under keel' command. I get the navigator confirming the order, hear the ping out and return, but the depth does not show on the logbook. Edit: It seems to have started working again after I installed mod ans started a new Campiagn

Last edited by Ross59; 01-21-11 at 09:29 PM.
Ross59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-11, 08:47 PM   #6101
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Is there something in the options file that i can mark as False so the teleport option doesnt show up ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 01:51 AM   #6102
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hiya,

Hehe, as i just read this i'm freshly installing SH5, thought it maybe easier to track culprit down from afresh so to speak

Had another thought, asap game's installed i'll test and report back

As Said, problem is not anything to do with TDW's UI mod (just not having any previous versions to fall back on to check i was at a loss as to what was causing problems)

I've got a Sky Banding Mod but it's made by SteelViking.
Cheers

//
Old 01-22-11, 01:56 AM   #6103
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
If you want that in Radio Messages to have the same name like the Bdu call you then must to change the ,,hull number,, in
TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py

1. disable the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
2. open with notepad the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py (mine is in C:Ubisoft/Silent hunter 5/MODS/NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith/Data/Scripts/Menu)
3. Find inside: UboatHullNumber = "U-19" and replace U-19 with wathever you want that you apear in radio messages
4. Save
5. Enable the mod NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
Ciao
That's what's funny. I've already changed my hull number to U-19...

//
Old 01-22-11, 07:37 AM   #6104
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Will your UI mod include Ruby2000´s german translation of radiomessages, when translated radiomessages for Megamod?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 07:50 AM   #6105
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Will your UI mod include Ruby2000´s german translation of radiomessages, when translated radiomessages for Megamod?
If he sends me the files I'll include them
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui