SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-11, 01:12 PM   #46
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Yep, that's what I was thinking of as well.
Old 12-14-11, 11:09 PM   #47
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

In SH 4, my favorite ship is the boat I'm commanding at the time; usually an S-boat.

In WitP, it's hard to say as there are so many to choose from. In the catagory of BB/BC, I like the BC Repulse, because it survived the debacle at the start, and has come through a couple other scrapes. However, I think the modern cruisers are more useful, and see more action. One of the problems with the big battlewagons, is that they're never around when you need them.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 11:29 PM   #48
strenface
Watch

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
But you have to admit, sir. It is fun every once in awhile to be an alpha predator.
What can get more alpha than destroying ones enemy without him even knowing you are there? As I recall, big cats (the ultimate land alpha predators) attack low and fast, and always upwind.

Great Whites (the ultimate alpha sea predator) attack from bellow where they cannot be easily seen.

But I digress, my favorite in game ship would have to be the Sampan. I only wish they made it playable for career. Talk about surprising the enemy.
jk, here is my list:
Allied:
DD: Somers
CL: Cleveland (my favorite overall)
CA: Alaska (prob not in game)
BB: King George V (love the 2 quad 13.5 main turrets, very fearsome)
SS: Never had a favorite, but loved the S-boat. Very cozy, and hard to forget that I was a long way from port.

IJN:
BB: Yamato Yamato Yamato (call me old fashioned and generic, but that ship is sexy as hell)
CA: Tone (Sonar on a CA!? YES. No depth charges? who cares when you got 6 depth charge armed floatplanes. Also like the design philosophy of mounting all four main turrets up front. Talk about an offensive weapon)

The rest are whatever, but it is cool how the I-400 and type B had carried a float plane.

As someone who loves flight sims, I think being able to launch, fly, and land a recon float plane would be an AMAZING addition. It's the real life equivalence of an external camera.
You may encounter content deemed to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which may or may not be identified as containing: (a) vulgarity(b)inaccuracy(c)logical fallacy. You agree to read the above solely at your own risk. This poster assumes no liability regarding direct or indirect damages whatsoever, including but not limited to: (a)personal injury(b)butthurt(c)keyboard(d)marital disruption
strenface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 10:41 AM   #49
TheManInCharge
Nub

Downloads: 83
Uploads: 0
Default i truly love this ship

Hey this is one of my fav ships exept it dont work in mission editor anymore

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Games%20account/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
TheManInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote