SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-09, 10:23 AM   #571
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

I have thought about that, but haven't really tried it, so this way might actually work... if you can mount an invisible bomber to a ship

BTW, I just mailed you the V&W, Flower, Elco and the AI U-Boot

DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 10:53 AM   #572
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

A) How come I dont have any of this stuff you guys are talking about, an e-mail wont hurt would it?

B) at Red Heat: Keltos is making the IJN submarine mod NOT us, our V2 will be IJN SURFACE SHIPS ONLY! Im not trying to be snappy, but it is proving a really though time to just make 1 version will just surface ships, and I will NOT cut into someone elses mod. Or but undo stress on my team.

TO ALL TSWSMT MEMBERS:
WE NEED TO MAKE THESE SHIP MODELS, COVERT IAMBECOMELIFE'S MERCHANTS, SKIN ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND MAKE THE WARSHIPS PLAYABLE, OR THIS MOD IS GOING NOWHERE. I KNOW THERE IS RL, BUT IF WE COULD SIDE LINE THE OTHER FEATURES OF THIS MOD TO PICK UP THE PACE ON THE SHIPS I WOULD MUCH APPERICATE IT!!! I HAVE 2 DRAWINGS FOR SPLASH SCREENS AND WILL POST ALL PLANNED 10 ON WEDNESDAY. PLEASE I NEED TO FINISH MY WORK BEFORE AUGUST, I PLAN TO EITHER GO TO MONACO(INTERSHIP) OR NA CAMP IN GERMANY IN AUGUST, SO I CAN NOT WORK AFTER JULY UNTIL I START COLLEGE, AND THEN WORK ON MY END WILL BE SLOW!!!! PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A FAILED MOD PLEASE.

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 11:11 AM   #573
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

So .... Darkfish ... thanks for the files ... I'll take a look and start damage moddelling tonight.

Ivan ... what we need is a plan/list (I commented on this sometime ago inthis thread).

I suggest the following actions ... and suggest we all edit this post to reflect who is doing what and what else needs doing I've missed;

1) Damage model V&W (Polyfiller)
2) Damage model Flower (Polyfiller)
3) Damage model Elco (Polyfiller)
4) Complete Radar model for Bismark, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee & Amdiral Hipper (Polyfiller) - 50% complete.
5) Convert merchants - who ?
6) Check / adjust damage model (polyfiller - once 5 is done)
7) re-skin which ships - who ? See table below to track status
8) Build campaign (Ivan)

Converted ? Damage Model ? Skins ready ?
Bismark Y Y ?
Graf Spee Y Y ?
Scharnhorst Y Y ?
Hipper Y Y ?
Rodney Y Y ?
KGV Y Y Y ? (stock)
Warspite Y Y ?
Revenge Y Y ?
Hood Y Y ?
Repulse Y Y ?
Southampton Y Y Y ?
Kent Y Y Y ? (stock)
Fiji Y Y Y ? (stock)
V&W Y N Y ?
Flower Y N Y ?
K-Class CL ? - where is the model coming from / permission ?
Other DD's - where is the model coming from / permission ?
German surface raider - where is the model coming from / permission ?

Any more to add to above list ?

Suggest we get the above edited / straightened out before unloading on anyone - it's worth knowing who is assigned to what and that they understand such before chasing. PM101.

On the re-skinning front - think Darkfish & Shammer are up for this ... but do we need more resource ? I might be able to do some, if it's just creating bump maps (saw a tutorial somewhere on this and reckon I can follow it). I saw a post over on another thread with someone offering to do skins ... and didn't our new webmaster Hencore offer some capability ?
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 12:05 PM   #574
ivank
The Old Man

I am almost done with the campaign, I have some convoys done, MOST German and Britsh bases done(need to reserch a bit more), I have most of the flotilla work done. I CAN NOT finish my work until I have a roster file, and the playable ships, cause I need to make the rest of the convoys, and finish the flotillas.

As of now we have 1, yes just 1, 3d modeller, I feel really bad for Shammer427 to carry such a load, but my skills are less the mediocore. We have just 2 skinners, and lots of boats to convert, skin, and model.

Would every team member please post your modding abilities, so I can attempt to see how we can speed up work!?

I can make ships playable, but a) darkfish is better than me, and we have NO more ships.

I will re-post the list of ships that need to be done.

Shammer427, please send me any work you have done, and please start work soon!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 06-08-09, 01:38 PM   #575
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivank View Post
Would every team member please post your modding abilities, so I can attempt to see how we can speed up work!?
OK here they are:
- Making ships playable (pretty obvious, isn't it?)
- Doing lots of experimental stuff with adding new functions etc. (like the depth charges and stuff)
- 3d modeling small things (like the binnacles, telegraph and elco instrument panel I've made)
- texturing those things, but preferrably nothing too big. Definately no lightmaps, as I ain't got any software to do that.
- editing upc files (any upc file you want, I've got a pretty good understanding of how all files link to each other and to 3d models)

How's the site coming along, Hencore? really looking forward to it!

And polyfiller, editing your post is a bit impossible, but I don't see the Dido in there. Also, V&W and Flower are both stock too, aren't they? or maybe 1.5 stock?

BTW, viel Spaß in Deutschland, wenn sie dahin gehen, Ivan! (und anderes natürlich viel Spaß in Monaco)

Old 06-08-09, 03:37 PM   #576
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

JUst for my part, my abilities;

1) Converting ships to be playable (all aspects, functions, damage zones, armament etc.) Only thing I can't do (yet) is the depth charges - when I decode Darkfish's stuff, I should be able to do this.

2) May be able to do some skinning - although I'll need some guidance - I'm not sure what we need to do - if it's jsut create bump maps, then I can follow the guide here on subsim. If anything else needs doing, I'll need some guidance. I used to be pretty good at texturing for Freelancer, but that did not involve multiple channels - to add illumination etc, we added additional textures to the controllers with just the lights / shadows.

3) Can do other clever stuff with .dat files etc ... I'm pretty competent when it comes to S3D (indeed I may be one of very few people who can edit damage zones with the version I have).

4) I can convert AI ships ... but with the number we have to do, I believe that this task needs splitting up among a few of us ?

Sadly I am not able to do any modelling. Could I suggest that we send ships to be converted to me, to save Darkfish's time for the stuff I can't do ?

Ivan - there are some SH3 ships we can convert to playable - primarily from GWX mod - I'm thinking of the German light cruisers and DD's. We could also consider some of the Italian ships which are part of OM.

Is anyone taking care of German, English, Italian etc aircraft ?
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 03:51 PM   #577
ivank
The Old Man

If you can convert, please download IABL's merchant mod from SH3, and CONVERT!

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 06-08-09, 07:23 PM   #578
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

kk,

abilities-
3d modeling, intermediate- decent skill
Skinning, conversion is a b***** but its workable.
skilled in campaign start, flotilla text modification
s3d stuff
bump on log,
crier of spilt milk,
guitarist,
wearing sunglasses,
large headphones,
eating webcams,
Kraftwerk
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 07:52 PM   #579
ivank
The Old Man

lol

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 06-09-09, 07:12 AM   #580
Hencore
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Hi all,

Things I can do:

Website - I'm currently working on this, as well as logos and other graphic bits and bobs. I've got a few days off work next week so I should hopefully have the time then to get stuck into this properly.

Skinning - I don't have any experience doing this but if someone can show me the ropes a bit I think I could help out.

Voice acting - I don't know if we need this at all but I can record some RN voices if needed.

What do we want out of the website? Do we want a forum? do we want an internal forum for the team so we can argue and decide etc on our own board rather then mess up this thread?

I've created a spread sheet on google docs which we can share and update with our progress etc but everyone needs a google account first. I don't know if people are bothered.
Hencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:07 AM   #581
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Forum would be great, but not necessary as we can keep using the subsim forum. An internal forum would be really useful IMO. And of course a 'preview' page with screenshots and stuff.

I ain't got a google account yet, but if it's needed I can make one, no problem.

EDIT: yay! I'm one of those medics with the fancy hat now! the more you get promoted the more ridiculous you look:rotfl:

Old 06-09-09, 09:52 AM   #582
Hencore
Swabbie

You do look utterly ridiculous mate.

Oh, and now look at me. A "Nub" is that the technical name for that rank?
Old 06-09-09, 02:34 PM   #583
ivank
The Old Man

Great job with the forum! she looks good, but wont a room for general chit chat be the mess?

UPDATE ON MY END:
I tried to install IABL's MFM into SH3 and it failed, so I am re-installing SH3, and SH4. It is a bit much to re-install both, but I feel forced too, call it OCD or whatever !

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 06-10-09, 02:36 AM   #584
Hencore
Swabbie

As an officer and a gentlemen you will find me relaxing in the wardroom with a glass of gin after finishing my watch. The mess decks are best left for your common sailor

Anyway, you didn't post any of your thoughts on the new board. Get to sailor!
Old 06-10-09, 02:56 AM   #585
ivank
The Old Man

I will in the morning! great job btw.

I have some new thoughts about the mod, will post later.

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1