Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-22, 08:06 AM   #5041
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russian occupants take their damaged equipment out of Belarus in closed wagons.

Russians evacuate their damaged equipment from Belarus in closed wagons so that the Russian population won't see it.

As Censor.NЕТ informs, accrding photo was published by blogger Zloyodessit.

He noted: "This is how the Russian occupants evacuated from Belarus, particularly Gomel, their damaged equipment from the battles in Ukraine.

They evacuate them secretly, so that while they were driving through Russia, the Russians themselves would not see how the "second" army in the world was cut up by the Ukrainian Armed Forces. After all, the photos and videos of the Russian troops being fried up and down on the Internet are fakes filmed at the Dovzhenko Film Studio! And when such "Victory Trains" will ride around Russia, then there will be more and more unambiguous questions from zombies.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-13-22, 08:11 AM   #5042
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Destruction of Kerch Bridge and liberation of Crimea are inevitable, - General Marchenko

Ukraine must destroy the Kerch Bridge and liberate occupied Crimea if it does not want to simply drag out the war for a few more years.

This was stated in an interview to "Apostrophe" by Major General Dmytro Marchenko, who in the first months of the war commanded the defense of Mykolaiv, reports Censor.NЕТ.

According to him, a counteroffensive by Ukrainian Forces and the liberation of both Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions and occupied Crimea is inevitable.

"On the counteroffensive of the Ukrainian side in the Kherson region and its dismissal - this is an inevitable process. But we must understand that this is a complex of means, and not just up and go. We need to prepare for it very carefully, we need to do very good reconnaissance, we need to prepare artillery assets. It won't be quick, but it's an inevitable measure, and sooner or later it will happen," he said.

"We have no choice but to liberate all our territories. We must not leave the enemy a single piece of our land, otherwise it will just be a postponement of the war for several more years," Marchenko added.

The General said that the AFU is planning to destroy the Kerch bridge.

"When it should happen, I, unfortunately, can't tell you. But I will tell you more: it is tactically necessary to destroy this bridge. You understand, it's a rollover of reserves, reinforcement of manpower, equipment, weapons. It's a tactical necessity," he explained.

Old 07-13-22, 11:21 AM   #5043
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

There are some engineers who have warned the Kerch Bridge will eventually fall all by itself due to faulty design.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-13-22, 11:30 AM   #5044
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Iran has officially refused to sell UAVs to the Kremlin

Russia has found itself in a situation where even Tehran, under sanctions, refuses to help, reports Defense Express. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran has officially announced that it has no intention of selling drones to the Russian Federation. This was a reaction to the corresponding warning from Washington about the Kremlin’s intention to purchase hundreds of UAVs and the beginning of training of Russian operators in the near future. Despite, at first glance, the absurdity of the situation itself, this news is the main indicator that China has finally abandoned cooperation with the Russian Federation. Otherwise, it made no sense for the Kremlin to turn to Iran. https://hindustannewshub.com/russia-...o-the-kremlin/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online  
Old 07-13-22, 11:37 AM   #5045
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I think they currently are not in a position to "retake the Crimea". But thinking of it for a minute, that it were possible. For Russia, this would be a nightmare scenario, I mean: its the Crimean peninsula, its the military base of Sewastopol, its the seat of the Black Sea Fleet.

I could imagine that if the ukraine threatens to indeed recapture the Crimean and defeat Russia around and in Sewastopol, this could be a trigger event for a Russian first-use of nuclear weapons to prevent this at any cost, no matter what. And what could be done in that case anyway? Would America, France, Britain retaliate? No, they wouldn'T. Russia does not need to fear nuclear retaliation.

But I currently do not see the ukraine in any way being able to launch such a counterattack. Mind you, the rule of thumb says the attacker needs 3:1 advantage in numbers, and in urban areas even 5:1 and more - and you can bet the Russians have dug themselves deeply in in Sewastopol. whwere should they UZkrian gets such enomrous troop superiority in numbers now that its best and most experienced units have been mauled and seized to exist?

I could also imagine that the West will try to keep an eye on this going and will cut ammunition deliveries if the Ukrainians gain too much momentum so that they could take on the Crimean seriously.

I am not saying one should not go after the Crimean if the situation developes to that degree. I only say that there is this nuclear risk involved, in this scenario more than in others. Before the ukrain cannot retaliate on equal terms against nuclear attacks, the Crimean maybe would prove to be one step too far.
Old 07-13-22, 11:40 AM   #5046
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-13-22, 12:01 PM   #5047
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I think they currently are not in a position to "retake the Crimea". But thinking of it for a minute, that it were possible. For Russia, this would be a nightmare scenario, I mean: its the Crimean peninsula, its the military base of Sewastopol, its the seat of the Black Sea Fleet.

I could imagine that if the ukraine threatens to indeed recapture the Crimean and defeat Russia around and in Sewastopol, this could be a trigger event for a Russian first-use of nuclear weapons to prevent this at any cost, no matter what. And what could be done in that case anyway? Would America, France, Britain retaliate? No, they wouldn'T. Russia does not need to fear nuclear retaliation.

But I currently do not see the ukraine in any way being able to launch such a counterattack. Mind you, the rule of thumb says the attacker needs 3:1 advantage in numbers, and in urban areas even 5:1 and more - and you can bet the Russians have dug themselves deeply in in Sewastopol. whwere should they UZkrian gets such enomrous troop superiority in numbers now that its best and most experienced units have been mauled and seized to exist?

I could also imagine that the West will try to keep an eye on this going and will cut ammunition deliveries if the Ukrainians gain too much momentum so that they could take on the Crimean seriously.

I am not saying one should not go after the Crimean if the situation developes to that degree. I only say that there is this nuclear risk involved, in this scenario more than in others. Before the ukrain cannot retaliate on equal terms against nuclear attacks, the Crimean maybe would prove to be one step too far.
Retaking Kherson is more important it is the administrative center of Kherson Oblast in the south of Ukraine, and it is a major economic center. Kherson is an important port on the Black Sea and on the Dnipro River, and the home of a major ship-building industry. If Ukraine can retake the whole Kherson Oblast, Ukraine has control over the water supply of Crimea and if they can regain control over the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant they deprive Russian future energy, those I think are the main military goals in the coming months. Also, fighting in the Kherson Oblast means for the Russian military longer supply lines, one of the things they are not good at organizing those.

The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed six Russian army depots in the past 24 hours, reports the speaker of the Odesa regional military administration Serhiy Bratchuk.

^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.

Last edited by Dargo; 07-13-22 at 12:14 PM.
Dargo is online  
Old 07-13-22, 12:11 PM   #5048
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

If Russia voluntarily leaves our land to 1991 border, we will stop fighting, - Danilov

The liberation of all the occupied territories of Ukraine will be carried out one after another.

This was stated in Twitter by Oleksiy Danilov, Secretary of the NSDC, reports Censor.NЕТ.

"There is no reason to accuse Ukraine that weapons provided by partners allegedly end up on the "black market".
The liberation of all temporarily occupied territories will be carried out one by one as the AFU is ready, there can be no deadlines in war - it is not a competition in production," he stressed.

"If the aggressor voluntarily leaves our land to the 1991 border, we will stop fighting, otherwise - there is no way but military. No one will deal with the liberation of our land except us, but we need the help of our partners," added the secretary of the National Security and Defense Council.

According to Danilov, the successes of the AFU have recently become noticeable, so the Russians are very nervous about this and do not know what to do.

"Now they are looking for human resources in places of detention. There is panic in the Russian troops. The occupiers are worried over the Crimean bridge, carefully guarding it, conducting constant drills, and deploying reinforced air defense there.
Through the so-called land corridor, the occupants are trying to export stolen grain and metal from enterprises, and the Russian Federation is a marauding country that takes advantage of the situation," he added.

Danilov also recalled that "the partisan movement is gaining momentum and is deadly for traitors.

Old 07-13-22, 12:14 PM   #5049
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

French company Matiere will provide Ukraine with 36 prefabricated bridges to restore tracks after combat operations - Kuleba

The French company Matiere will provide 36 prefabricated bridges to Ukraine.

This was announced by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dmytro Kuleba, reports Censor.NЕТ with reference to Іnterfax-Ukraine.

"Together with the French government and the federation of French industrialists MEDEF, we have agreed to transfer 36 lightweight prefabricated bridges ranging from 23 to 46 meters in length from the Matiere campaign to Ukraine. These constructions will be able to quickly replace destroyed Ukrainian bridges and then permanently replace them," Kuleba said.

According to him, the French company Matiere has years of experience in the rapid deployment of bridge crossings for road and rail transport, especially in countries where war has destroyed infrastructure.

"As early as July 25, the company's engineers will arrive in Ukraine and conduct a joint assessment mission with engineers of Ukravtodor. The company is potentially considering deploying production of these bridge crossings in Ukraine," Kuleba noted.

Old 07-14-22, 04:38 AM   #5050
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Vladimir Putin's puppets 'preparing execution site' for captured Brits

Pro-Russian separatists have ramped up plans to execute two Brits captured while fighting for Ukraine, reports suggest.

Aiden Aslin and Shaun Pinner have been treated as foreign ‘mercenaries’ since they were apprehended by Moscow’s forces near Mariupol in April.

They were sentenced to death after being convicted of ‘mercenary activities and committing actions aimed at seizing power and overthrowing the constitutional order of the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR)’ following what Western politicians labelled a show trial last month.

And their situation appears to have deteriorated even further after pro-Putin officials said they are now ‘preparing a place for their execution’.

In a chilling statement, the DPR says the British men will be killed by firing squad without prior notice, according to the Daily Mail.

DPR spokesman Denys Pushilin is quoted as saying: ‘Everything is ready. It won’t be public.’

Mr Aslin and Mr Pinner, along with Moroccan colleague Brahim Saadoun, were members of regular Ukrainian military units fighting in the southern port city, scene of some of the heaviest fighting

Relatives of the two British men, as well as Boris Johnson’s spokesman, have said they are therefore entitled to the protection of the Geneva Conventions on the treatment of prisoners of war.

Ukraine’s ambassador to the UK, Vadym Prystaiko, has also said that the death sentence does not exist in Ukraine and so the prisoners cannot be legally given this penalty in the territory.

The DPR is one of two breakaway Russian-backed entities in the Donbas region of eastern Ukraine that Russia says it is fighting to liberate from Ukrainian forces.

The UK does not recognise it and British officials have not publicly engaged with officials there over the case.

Speaking after the verdicts, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov suggested that doing so may amount to de facto recognition of the region’s independence.

Their best hope for release may be as part of a prisoner exchange.

Mr Pushilin said appeals submitted by the three men earlier this month are being considered, the Mail reports.

But he added that once the legal process is complete ‘their cases will be transferred to the executive service for implementation, by firing squad’.

Earlier this month, Russian state media reported two more British men were captured in separatist-held Ukraine and charged with being mercenaries.

Cambridgeshire aid worker Dylan Healy, 22, and military volunteer Andrew Hill were charged with carrying out the same ‘mercenary activities’ as Mr Aslin and Mr Pinner.

The Tass news agency reported both men were refusing to co-operate with investigators.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...out&li=AAnZ9Ug

Old 07-14-22, 04:43 AM   #5051
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Brussels raises inflation forecasts as Putin’s gas threat hangs over EU

The EU has ramped up its inflation forecasts and slashed predictions for economic growth amid growing fears Putin will cut off energy supplies to the continent.

Draft projections by the European Commission show that inflation, which is already at four times the 2pc target, will average 7.6pc in 2022. That’s up from previous forecasts of 6.1pc.

Inflation is then expected to fall to 4pc next year – higher than the 2.7pc previously predicted.

As surging prices dampen demand and the threat of energy shortages weighs, forecasts for economic growth have also been tempered.

GDP is expected to grow 2.6pc this year and 1.4pc in 2023 – down from predictions of 2.7pc and 2.3pc, according to the drafts seen by Bloomberg.

Countries across Europe are racing to refill storage sites and find alternative suppliers amid fears of energy rationing and blackouts this winter.

The Nord Stream pipeline from Russia is shut for planned maintenance, and there’s concern that Putin may never resume full supplies once the work is complete.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...id=mailsignout

Old 07-14-22, 05:05 AM   #5052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Deal in sight to end Ukrainian grain blockade - Turkey

Talks aimed at resuming Ukrainian grain exports blocked by Russia in the Black Sea have produced a deal, Turkey said.

It raises hopes for an end to the standoff, which left millions at increased risk of starvation.

Turkey's defence minister, Hulusi Akar, said both sides had agreed on ways to ensure the safety of shipping routes for grain ships.

He said the agreement would be signed next week, when more talks are set to be held in Turkey.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres called Wednesday's progress a "critical step forward".

He said more work was needed to finalise the deal, which would require "a lot of goodwill and commitments by all parties".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62159804

Old 07-14-22, 05:11 AM   #5053
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-14-22, 03:11 PM   #5054
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russia is well aware of an incoming attack on the Kerch bridge, since it is strategically important for them:

https://eurasiantimes.com/russia-boosts ... s-ukraine/

"Smoke on the waters, a fire in the sky ..." Cry me a bridge smoke screen test Lmao:

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-14-22 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-14-22, 05:15 PM   #5055
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Heads seem to roll in the leadership of the Russian producer of the much praised S-300 and S-400 air defence systems. They were sold to the Russian military with the explict promise that they could intercept HIMARS missiles. Well, it seems they obviously cannot. The directors are now not just in danger of gettign fired (or already got), but even getting sued.

The bridge of Kerch is 400km away from Mykolajev and 300km from Zaporizhia. What options have the Ukrainians to attack it?