SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-11, 09:15 PM   #481
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Can View Post
hello

do we have to install "beta 3" after hotfix 3 or before it?
hi man,

this beta include all hotfixes released til now...

but if you installed hotfix 3 allready, there is no problem overwriting it with beta 3, activate beta 3 last.

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-18-11 at 08:06 AM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 04:15 AM   #482
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Hello Stormfly, I tested (very briefly) your beta version and I found a little problem with MFCM alt w. beards.

IIWO has not a beard and officers cap (stock face). Antenna is inserted, even though I was on the surface.

With previous hotfix was this OK.

The sounds in new version are great! And would be possible to add U-Boatmusic in bunker as in "enviroment sounds" (Wclear)?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 08:02 AM   #483
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
Hello Stormfly, I tested (very briefly) your beta version and I found a little problem with MFCM alt w. beards.

IIWO has not a beard and officers cap (stock face). Antenna is inserted, even though I was on the surface.

With previous hotfix was this OK.

The sounds in new version are great! And would be possible to add U-Boatmusic in bunker as in "enviroment sounds" (Wclear)?
Hi Josef, thanks for the feedback !

1. Plz tell me what op system and ammount of mem (video and system ram) you use...

2. Does this happen only in campaign or single player or both ?

3. Does this also happen if you reload the mission or save game without leaving SH5 in between ?

it could be that this beta use to much of system recources on some systems regarding mem, and / or producing problems while calling to much sounds via crew action scripts.

...i saw also that my WO lost his cap and beard, but this happened before i thought creating this beta (without it) maybe another mem problem from another mod or simply the ammount of mem eating mods installed.

...saw also some delayed texture changes of some crew, shortly after loading the game. seams that the engine is to busy with all the scripts starting up while loading all the sounds and so on, seams it depends on system mem and performance in conjunction with the mod soup. Well, even vanilla have problems loading a different sub hull texture sometimes, i know the devs had problems designing the game for a minimum of 512mb video ram.

...my antenna is working fine.

maybe Stoianm could also post about what he saw with it, seams that his system can take much load, so we can nail this better.

...i read also about ppl saw SH5 doing strange things if to long sounds are used (maybe only by calling them in scripts ?)...
(i dont talk about the well known sound lenght limitations if playing sounds using commands)

well... 2 x 6 minutes samples for the torp reloading process together with the other longer crew chats is maybe realy to long for some systems.

Last edited by Stormfly; 04-18-11 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-18-11, 08:08 AM   #484
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
maybe Stoianm could also post about what he saw with it, seams that his system can take much load, so we can nail this better.
Hi my friend,

i must to tell you that i did not tested your beta v3 yet... i was so busy with my env mod... that last days i concentrate only on this

This afternoon i will load your beta and i will make a long and hard test..... i will report back in few hours and maybe if there are problems i will be glad to help you with my feedback... but i think you have right and maybe is good ideea if you cut a bit from the new waves size

EDIT: I do not use MFCM alt with beards so the beard problems i will be not able to create in my system... but i will check the others
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 10:35 AM   #485
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Hi stormy... tested.. untill now:

1) i like a lot that you increased the volume of engine ... you found the perfect balance between high and low

2) About the torpedo reload secvence: - for example if i chose to not have an realistic reload time... the crew animation is not conected with the lenght of the sound... ... they finish reloading and the sound is still plaing... i supouse you conected with the relistic reload time.. i will test with this also

3) if i exit from torpedo room and i renter the sound ia not played anymore... i supouse that is normal to be like this

4) no lag on my sistem because of your mod.... no ctds untill now... i played 5 missions... i will try to test in campaign also... i did not observed any graphical lost on the ships or ships diseapering untill now... the beards i can not tell you because i do not use the beard version of the MCFM

5) i had a bug related to torpedo but i dunno for sure if is because your mod... i fired just a torpedo but the torpedo hit the target sound was played 4 times... i verified in my log book after and i saw that i shoot only a torpedo but in the book i had 4 torpedos hiting the target... i will do more tests

6) i still can not hear the farts.. in what room i must to be?

7) my antena was working fine
Old 04-18-11, 11:17 AM   #486
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

@ stoianm
If you want, I can worry offloading farts ... I am overwhelmed by the pigs, even on deck
@Stormfly
I mean really the sounds of bowls, pots during explosions of grenades ...
Never had a CTD since last hotfix

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 11:41 AM   #487
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
didn't know about this feature.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 01:37 PM   #488
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:
Hi Josef, thanks for the feedback !

1. Plz tell me what op system and ammount of mem (video and system ram) you use...

2. Does this happen only in campaign or single player or both ?

3. Does this also happen if you reload the mission or save game without leaving SH5 in between ?

it could be that this beta use to much of system recources on some systems regarding mem, and / or producing problems while calling to much sounds via crew action scripts.

...i saw also that my WO lost his cap and beard, but this happened before i thought creating this beta (without it) maybe another mem problem from another mod or simply the ammount of mem eating mods installed.

...saw also some delayed texture changes of some crew, shortly after loading the game. seams that the engine is to busy with all the scripts starting up while loading all the sounds and so on, seams it depends on system mem and performance in conjunction with the mod soup. Well, even vanilla have problems loading a different sub hull texture sometimes, i know the devs had problems designing the game for a minimum of 512mb video ram.

...my antenna is working fine.

Hello Stormfly, thank you for reply!

Ad 1) My PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3,00 GHz
chipset P35, socket 775
nVIDIA GEForce 9800GT, 512 MB, Arctic-Cooling Accelero
Audio HD Realtek ALC888
2 x DIMM DDR2 2048 MB 800MHz
640GB SATAII/300
Windows Vista Home Premium

Ad 2) I waited to activate your new (bheta) version, when I´m back from "Feindfahrt" in the bunker. I tested your great beta version (included optional loouded engine sounds) so far only in single mission.

Ad 3) I do not know, but I will certainly try it and write!

Of course you may be right and the problem may be in my PC.

BTW the new version of your hotfix is really very good.

Josef
Old 04-18-11, 04:03 PM   #489
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Hi stormy... tested.. untill now:

1) i like a lot that you increased the volume of engine ... you found the perfect balance between high and low

2) About the torpedo reload secvence: - for example if i chose to not have an realistic reload time... the crew animation is not conected with the lenght of the sound... ... they finish reloading and the sound is still plaing... i supouse you conected with the relistic reload time.. i will test with this also

"there is another little problem...

...from on of my posts, 1 page back:

the torpedo loading samples are syncronised with 0 crew torp officer abilitys and battlestations off at current (also relaistic torpedo reload set to on in options), that means they are in sync if using MP or single missions or unskilled torpdo petty officer now using battlestations off.

as soon as you give ability points to your torpedo officer, or command battlestations via XO they get out of sync, seams i have to create optional shorter samples regarding different skill points.

iam not shure if it would be possible to ask for skill points or battlestations enabled via script to play fitting syncronised samples then, seams i will sync the samples by default with battlestations effect on and no torpedo drill skill points by default for the next version if no query is possible via script shortly.

if someone have an idea how to ask for different skill points or battlestations enabled via pyton, he is very welcome to help."

3) if i exit from torpedo room and i renter the sound ia not played anymore... i supouse that is normal to be like this

...this behavior should be announced in the readme

4) no lag on my sistem because of your mod.... no ctds untill now... i played 5 missions... i will try to test in campaign also... i did not observed any graphical lost on the ships or ships diseapering untill now... the beards i can not tell you because i do not use the beard version of the MCFM

but by using this beta, you use some bearded script entrys, because they are adopted from "MFCM bearded faces" in the "crew DBSM scripts".

5) i had a bug related to torpedo but i dunno for sure if is because your mod... i fired just a torpedo but the torpedo hit the target sound was played 4 times... i verified in my log book after and i saw that i shoot only a torpedo but in the book i had 4 torpedos hiting the target... i will do more tests

never had this, plz check

the farts should be in in every room but central compartment and int. cunning tower, maybe you have to stay longer. there are also different longer crew chats in each torpedo room and the quaters near the pentry, just stay long enough. The bowling soup sound is also not bowling all the time, you have to wait sometimes. It may also be, that by using the optional louder engine sounds, and/ or to high diesel rpm while having the hatch to the diesel engine room opened, that you cant hear the bowling soup pot... if the crew isnt in "normal" mode, sometimes also while submerged, the bowling soup pot and extra long crew chat near the pentry isnt playing ! ...best to test it is loading a mission far away from any enemy, on surface, using low rpm, closed engine hatch etc...

7) my antena was working fine
Hi Stoianm, answers in yellow

Old 04-18-11, 04:09 PM   #490
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Tnx for the replay... i will check again the beards... can you take a look at this pls:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=182758

do you can make a special sound for this?
Old 04-18-11, 05:56 PM   #491
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Quote:

Yes, the same problem BY ME also with 4GB patch for SH5. IIWO without beards and cap and rised radio-antenna.

Last edited by Sepp von Ch.; 04-19-11 at 04:44 AM.
Old 04-18-11, 06:01 PM   #492
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

ohh dont worry, we both know that this is beta and for what "beta" is relesed normaly ...

...did you try the 4gb file header setting for SH5.exe together with setting UserVA higher using Vista 32bit ?

Old 04-18-11, 10:33 PM   #493
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...cutted all the longer chats and bowling soup in multiple parts and revised the scripts, result is better performance and much more stable animations here... still testing

Old 04-19-11, 12:10 AM   #494
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
hi man,

this beta include all hotfixes released til now...

but if you installed hotfix 3 allready, there is no problem overwriting it with beta 3, activate beta 3 last.

Where do I find this 'beta'?

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-11, 12:13 AM   #495
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Where do I find this 'beta'?

//