SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which version of TSWSM are you looking forward to?
Version 1 156 20.77%
Version 2 79 10.52%
Version 3 29 3.86%
Version 4 77 10.25%
All of them 488 64.98%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 751. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-09, 07:12 PM   #466
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

I'll see If my models are still there, maybe I can import them myself
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 07:30 PM   #467
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

k sounds good

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 11:23 PM   #468
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
hmm?

in this mod do we have an actual bridge view like were they steer the ship ? eg like on the yamato cause there is a vid of the yamato's bridge the link is on page 14 or 15 i think

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-09, 01:16 PM   #469
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey117 View Post
in this mod do we have an actual bridge view like were they steer the ship ? eg like on the yamato cause there is a vid of the yamato's bridge the link is on page 14 or 15 i think
well, the flower CO has got a working bridge as you can see in the trailer I made a while ago. My upcoming V&W will have a similar one.
These bridges however won't have a steering wheel cause the ships were steered from the wheelhouse, not the bridge.
Small RN vessels AFAIK generally had an open bridge having not much more than a binnacle, some voice tubes and at the very most a telegraph.

DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-09, 08:36 PM   #470
mickey117
Gunner

Downloads: 85
k

so did end havin a look jw?? but i mean the bridge aint gonna to drastic they were mostly just those compass things one of those wheels for the engine room and alot of them radio things lol

PART OF SUPER SURFACE WARFARE MOD
> http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144946

{FIGHT TO THE LAST SHELL}
mickey117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-09, 06:42 PM   #471
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

Update on what I'm working on at present; balancing armour values v shell penetration values. This is driving me mad, slowly, but most certainly mad.

I'll either give an update and will issue a ship mod pack later this week with the balanced armour changes, or someone will have to come and look me up in an asylum somewhere.

Shammer - if you arecleaning up textures for the playable ships, I suggest the following order; Scharnhorst, hipper then some of the British BB's. Bismark looks OK to me, as does Deutshland class. If you work on the British BB's - don't foget to change the render controller in the .DAT if you intend to use SH4 type textures i.e. with bitmmaps.

Ivan - not sure what you want me to do with the ships sent via email - none of them are intedned to be playable, right ?
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-09, 03:21 AM   #472
Regio Sommergibile
Officer

Downloads: 181

Waiting famelic...
Old 04-30-09, 05:16 PM   #473
ivank
The Old Man

poly: None of those ships are to be playable, just converted, reskinned for convoys

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-02-09, 04:49 PM   #474
EugeneEdwards
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Default SWSM - Gameplay

Dear SWSM Team,

First-off - Thank you to all the modders that have put any time into this project, I'm sure it is much anticipated by many, and the community is what makes the Silent Hunter Series shine like no other Simulation.

Secondly; my apologies if this has been brought up already in this thread, but I see a lot of work going on towards models and features for the mod, but what of Gameplay? I believe there was mention of having historical battles/routes in place for ships in each theatre, or missions of those respectively...

I think what would be really interesting functionality (pardon my ignorance towards the amount of work involved for such an implementation) would be to have Allied AI-driven Ships follow you, either in missions or campaign.

The player would effectively get to play as Fleet Commander, the AI ships would stay in formation unless actively engaging enemy forces. Time compression should still work correctly with Allied AI - thought there may be an issue with "Ship Spotted!" notifications...

We can already implement "Fleet" situations by stipulating waypoint paths for the AI in missions - we could fulfill the Fleet Commander or Support Roles as desired - but I don't think currently there is any way to enable the ability to roam free with the support of a Fleet, or some sort of Force.

Again, my apologies if this has already been mentioned, along with other Gameplay/Plot descriptions. If anyone has tried this AI tweak- or has any ideas - or would like to tell me to read the thread better - please do not hesitate to reply

Keep up the Great Work Team! - I am building a brand new PC in anticipation of this MOD

Cheers!
EugeneEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 01:12 AM   #475
wildcard1988
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
cant wait

ever since i have found this thread i have read it every week because i can not wait 2 play it, you guys are a credit to the sub sim community and look forward for this release
wildcard1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 02:55 PM   #476
ivank
The Old Man

thank you

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-03-09, 05:30 PM   #477
ivank
The Old Man

To TSWSMT:
How is work coming along? I need your work to continue mine. So as you guys finish ships send them to Darkfish to be made playable, then to Tomugill and poly for damge models

U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

Old 05-03-09, 09:40 PM   #478
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

what if you used some of the code for the convoy defense game mode in multiplayer...might give you the fleet commander thing....
Old 05-07-09, 08:47 AM   #479
Sniper_Fox
Engineer

Location: North of Malta, shadowing your pretty little C3 Cargo!
Downloads: 15

sorry if this has been asked already... Is this gunna be for 1.4 or 1.5?
Im a one U-boat wolfpack. Ive hit the bottom of the Mediterranian at 250 metres in my VIIC and brought that babe back up, and still made it back to La Spezia. Ive sunk more destroyers than I have merchants...youll wish you never sailed into U-87s hunting grounds. When you pull into port, dont lull yourself into a false sense of security, your mines and subnets are just a petty challenge for my crew and I.
Sniper_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 09:42 AM   #480
DarkFish
Sea Lord

Downloads: 28

AFAIK 1.5 only.

I'm currently working on the V&W destroyer, and I've got one very weird problem. The V&W will have four deck guns that all show up in the equipment/upgradepacks tab. I've done this with other ships before, but never had any problem like this: no matter what I try, the playable gun is always the X mount (2nd from the stern, M03). I've tried changing node designations, order in the upc file, even deleted the whole X mount from the upc file while leaving it in the eqp file, but if there is any playable gun on that node the game chooses that gun to be your playable gun. If there's an AI-only gun or none at all on the M03 node the M04 node is used while I want to use the M01 or M02 node. I've tried about everything I can think of, anyone here have some ideas?

DarkFish is offline   Reply With Quote