Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-20, 01:54 PM   #4711
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

@Jimbuna...

I know its been said before, but I'd like to add my appreciation for your posts of Covid-19 news headlines and those great series of videos; they have been very informative and the headlines have more than once caused me to further seek out the stories behind them...

<O>
Old 08-18-20, 05:09 PM   #4712
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Wuhan Holds Huge Concert Pool Party After Three Months Of No Reported Coronavirus Cases

Hmmm... I wonder why the US isn't covid free by now? Oh yeah, I know.

Quote:
Wuhan has reportedly not detected any locally transmitted coronavirus cases in three months. It has been largely attributed to a strict 76-day lockdown on the city, but others have questioned the validity of official Chinese reports on the number of cases and deaths caused by the virus.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#539dad25e0ef

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 07:06 PM   #4713
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

They sure do look happy ... happier than the people in North Korea for sure.

Can't wait to see pictures like this for the next NFL football season just three and half weeks from now.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 07:46 PM   #4714
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
They sure do look happy ... happier than the people in North Korea for sure.

Can't wait to see pictures like this for the next NFL football season just three and half weeks from now.
OMG! School starting and then that! It could have happened if the US really took the disease seriously enough, and early enough, to stop it cold. But hey, that is limiting my freedom to spread disease....

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 08:12 PM   #4715
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Yeah! The God-given 'Murican Right to Bear Germs...

<O>
Old 08-19-20, 06:06 AM   #4716
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
@Jimbuna...

I know its been said before, but I'd like to add my appreciation for your posts of Covid-19 news headlines and those great series of videos; they have been very informative and the headlines have more than once caused me to further seek out the stories behind them...

<O>
Positive feedback is always appreciated

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 06:09 AM   #4717
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Australia says it has secured access to a promising coronavirus vaccine and will offer free doses. The country's PM Scott Morrison backtracks after saying the vaccine should be "as mandatory as you can possibly make it" The vaccine, being developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University, is in advanced clinical trials.

South Korea's capital Seoul closes museums, nightclubs and karaoke bars after cases spike.

US stocks hit a new high after the coronavirus crash despite continuing worries about the economic impact.

Ministers in England are under pressure to lift limits on the numbers studying medicine at university after the school exam grading system was changed.

Old 08-19-20, 06:21 AM   #4718
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Attacks on police in London have risen sharply during the coronavirus lockdown, exclusive figures have shown. Met Police figures showed 2,027 assaults on officers were recorded between May and July, a 38% increase compared with the same period in 2019.

Northern Ireland's health minister has said he will be recommending restrictions to the executive to curb the increasing spread of Covid-19.

The Republic of Ireland's cabinet has reversed some of its lockdown relaxation measures as it attempts to deal with rising Covid-19 case numbers.

Supporters of Paris St-Germain took to the streets to celebrate their side's victory in the semi-final of the Champions League. Hundreds of fans thronged the Champs-Élysées, but many ignored requirements to wear face masks. France has seen a sharp rise in cases since July and masks are already widely used.

Finland announced it was re-introducing travel restrictions for a number of countries including its Nordic neighbours. These include Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Greece, Malta, and Germany. Iceland, meanwhile, announced new travel restrictions of its own.

Elsewhere, cases are continuing to spike around Europe. Germany recorded 1,510 cases in 24 hours – its highest daily figure since May. Greece also reported its own record daily figure of 269 cases on Tuesday.

And Spain is believed to have had the highest rate of infection in Europe over the past 14 days. According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, there were 132.2 cases per 100,000 people during that period.

A court in New Zealand says the government overstepped its powers in implementing a lockdown earlier this year, but conceded it was justified.
The High Court issued its findings over restrictions imposed between 26 March and 3 April, the early stages of a five-week lockdown. Wellington lawyer Andrew Borrowdale had challenged the legality of the steps.

A Chinese firm constructing a cement factory in Mozambique's capital, Maputo, has been confining about 60 local workers on the construction site since March.
A company representative says the decision was taken to prevent possible transmission of coronavirus from the workers to their employer.

The number of coronavirus cases has spiked again in India, with the country recording more than 64,000 new cases in the last 24 hours. Total cases in the country are now nearing 2.8 million.

Old 08-19-20, 11:41 AM   #4719
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-19-20, 08:46 PM   #4720
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I cannot wait for the next NFL season!!

GO PACKERS!!

Surprisingly, we have made it a week into school without, as far as I know, a single case of COVID for the students at my school. Some schools in Indiana closed only after 3 days.

Maybe it helps that the school I go to is out in the country and it is isolated from most of the busy parts of our town.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 04:55 AM   #4721
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Over 1700 new infection in one day in Germany. Thats the highest since April. Returning travellers and a lack of social distancing and hygienics discipline are the reasons. Main countries of infection returners, are Kosovo, Croatia, and Turkey, followed by Bulgaria and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
Old 08-20-20, 05:17 AM   #4722
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Germany has reported its highest daily infection rate for the coronavirus since April.

Spain and Italy also logged their highest daily figures in months on Wednesday and cases are rising steadily in France.

Australian airline Qantas reports an annual loss of almost A$2bn (£1bn; $1.4bn) as it struggles with the impact of the pandemic.

India has reported a record daily increase of 69,652 infections on Thursday, taking the total number of cases there to 2.84 million.

South Korea tightens restrictions as the country sees a spike in new cases linked mostly to a church.

More than 787,000 deaths have been recorded worldwide, according to data collated by Johns Hopkins University.

Old 08-20-20, 05:23 AM   #4723
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK may remove Croatia from its “safe list” of countries as early as Thursday. It follows a significant rise in the number of cases in Croatia – the 14-day cumulative number is 37.7 per 100,000, compared to 21 in the UK. British health authorities have also identified coronavirus cases “imported” from Croatia.

Croatia reported a record number of new coronavirus cases on Wednesday. Some 219 people tested positive for Covid-19, including a player for Croatian football league champions Dinamo Zagreb.

Slovenia is also expected to place Croatia on its “red list” for travel on Thursday. Arrivals from Croatia are likely to face a 14-day quarantine from the weekend.

Germany has recorded 1,707 infections in 24 hours - the highest number since 26 April. The increase is reportedly down to travellers returning from abroad as well as a lack of social distancing and hygiene.

In France, which has recorded another 3,776 cases and 399 active "clusters", the southern city of Nice has announced that wearing masks is now compulsory everywhere outside, not just in the centre.

Spain has seen another 127 deaths in the past 24 hours as well as 3,715 new infections. As in Germany, that infection rate has not been seen since late April. El País newspaper reports that many of the new infections are in residential homes for the elderly - that was the setting for many of the deaths in the initial outbreak.

Italy has also reported a sharp rise in infections, with 642 new cases in its latest daily count. The number isn't as high as some other European countries but these infection rates haven't been seen there since late May.

Authorities in the South Korean capital, Seoul, have banned gatherings of more than 10 people after new cases of coronavirus reached a five-month high.

Old 08-20-20, 06:26 AM   #4724
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Bakkavor food factory Newark: 74 test positive out of 1,130 employees tested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53818058

So much for heading back to work.

Old 08-20-20, 09:40 AM   #4725
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Gee no polls within a thread?

Do y'all think that mask and social distanting work?

Sure worked for Wuhan China

I think so especially like the beast said he lives in a rural area like I do and his school is virus free (so far)

Only 7 cases in my area ... I've only been to the big city twice in four (4) months.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan