SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-23, 11:55 AM   #31
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Found a couple issues, 1. No zoom on the attack periscope, normally the mouse wheel zooms, is there a key for zooming the periscope?

2. Sank a couple TP's and then the larger destroyer, got double and triple images watching it sink after being torpedoed.
For #1. To do the "zoom", try the <Tab> key. There is a "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" file in the root folder of the game, and that will have the key assignments on it.

For #2. Were you harbor raiding by chance? That particular phenomenon happens all of the time with the XX_HarborTraffic files in almost all mods AND stock. The problem being that they call for a new ship to spawn every 900 or more hours... The previous ship(s) do(es) not get deleted, so you end up with two, three or four or more ships all sitting in the same spot. If the wind blows any, you might end up with them "splayed" sideways and showing all of the ships. Sometimes, whether you torpedo them, or the "wind" drift does it, they might damage each other, and then catch fire, explode and sink... There have been cases of multiple "groupings" of ships in some mods, but I didn't think any of that happened in lurker's work...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-23, 01:51 PM   #32
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For #1. To do the "zoom", try the <Tab> key. There is a "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" file in the root folder of the game, and that will have the key assignments on it.

For #2. Were you harbor raiding by chance? That particular phenomenon happens all of the time with the XX_HarborTraffic files in almost all mods AND stock. The problem being that they call for a new ship to spawn every 900 or more hours... The previous ship(s) do(es) not get deleted, so you end up with two, three or four or more ships all sitting in the same spot. If the wind blows any, you might end up with them "splayed" sideways and showing all of the ships. Sometimes, whether you torpedo them, or the "wind" drift does it, they might damage each other, and then catch fire, explode and sink... There have been cases of multiple "groupings" of ships in some mods, but I didn't think any of that happened in lurker's work...
Thanks! No I wasn't real close to a harbor and the ship was all by it's lonesome after I sank the other two way out in the bay. I hear what you are saying, I've run into norfolk on another mod and had ships criscrossed in some mutant ship genetics LOL
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-23, 03:08 PM   #33
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 96

Okay Here's the deal, The attack periscope doesn't zoom, nor does the third person view outside the ship. But just tried the same thing in We Dive at Dawn. Same issues. Attack periscope and outside view don't zoom. Observation scope in both does zoom. Is this standard for British subs? Or just an oversight in the mods themselves?
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-23, 08:38 AM   #34
UDT_Seal
Swabbie

Downloads: 152

Enjoining this mod a lot! Completed three patrols so far. Are the plans to create Atlantic or Pacific campaign in the future?
UDT_Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-23, 01:16 AM   #35
Fizwalker
Seaman

Downloads: 46

This looks really interesting and I am looking forward to trying this out. I must ask though, are there any plans to create a pacific campaign for the British boats?

(I'd also be interesting in finding a mod that looks at the Dutch boats during the Java Sea campaign.... And... You don't hear much about them, but I would expect there were also Australian submarines too..... But this is one aspect I am completely ignorant about...)
Fizwalker is offline   Reply With Quote