SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-09, 05:14 AM   #4456
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Default late war sensors

Thanks for the manual. After reading the capitle about "late war sensors" in the manual I ask myself what negative side-effects I have to expect if I activate GWX-Late War Sensors all the time (from 1939-45) and not at the end of the war?

Does anybody know?
Old 06-08-09, 01:06 PM   #4457
Herz
Watch

Downloads: 23

Jimbuna, I saw you're from Newcastle on the GWX site! Do you happen to be a fellow Toon fan as well?

Also I just watched the concept intro for GWX4.. awesome video work in there. I'll end up getting SH4 just for your mod.

Last edited by Herz; 06-08-09 at 01:17 PM.
Herz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 09:49 AM   #4458
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herz View Post
Jimbuna, I saw you're from Newcastle on the GWX site! Do you happen to be a fellow Toon fan as well?
Naturally

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 10:11 PM   #4459
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
Owner20071963, be advised, that there is nothing rude... and nothing wrong with advising someone politely in the right direction.

No need for you to make a mountain out of a mole-hill... or to call an infraction where there was none.

Thanks.
Firstly Sir?
Do not advise me,
I'm too exp for your Remarks,
[be advised] is not Polite,
as you point to me here,
You did not Advise him Politely,
He did join Our Teamspeak,to express his post,
A nice approach to a new member would be nice,
in posting here,
For all Mod Group Leaders
I'm not making a mountain out of this,
We are here to Help,
May I say all what was said on Teamspeak by that person,
cannot be posted here,
All we have done and will continue to do so is to help members here on Subsim and on our Website and those new to the game on Ubisoft.com
for Multiplayer
Old 06-11-09, 01:25 PM   #4460
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner20071963 View Post
Firstly Sir?
Do not advise me,
I'm too exp for your Remarks,
[be advised] is not Polite,
as you point to me here,
You did not Advise him Politely,
He did join Our Teamspeak,to express his post,
A nice approach to a new member would be nice,
in posting here,
For all Mod Group Leaders
I'm not making a mountain out of this,
We are here to Help,
May I say all what was said on Teamspeak by that person,
cannot be posted here,
All we have done and will continue to do so is to help members here on Subsim and on our Website and those new to the game on Ubisoft.com
for Multiplayer
Owner20071963, what you are engaging in now is pure and simple trolling.

Tis really quite childish and small for one calling himself a 'moderator'. You have indeed made a mountain out of a mole-hill.

Furthermore, I'm sure that leaning on the idea that you are somehow 'serving the community' by whinging on and on about that mole-hill doesn't cut the mustard with anyone who can see straight.

Given your obvious attitude problem, and your statement that, "May I say all what was said on Teamspeak by that person, cannot be posted here" loudly suggests that you did plenty to poison the community well.

Below is a link to my original and un-edited response on this thread to the issue and person in question. Any concerned individual can feel free to examine it for "rude" content.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=4433

For years now (long before Owner20071963 arrived) the GWX team has readily assisted newcomers to Subsim and GWX users both new and old. Anyone implying that we are somehow 'not serving the community' should stop using drugs.

This thread was created to assist GWX users with GWX matters. No one should feel put off if directed to a more appropriate venue to meet personal wishes. If for example: you would like to have purple torpedoes and green water... you will calmly be directed elsewhere. It isn't at all our responsibility to assist with personal modification wishes.

That being said, when your wishes are posted in an appropriate (new or old) thread, it may well be a GWX teamer that helps you find or do what you'd like.

Owner20071963, my advice you you regarding this little vendetta you've developed with me and/or GWX... is to take it up with Neal Stevens before you embarrass yourself further. The door for private conversation between you and myself is closed, as you have exhausted that option. You will need to find some other way to deal with your angst.

To everyone else, there are wet blankets in every crowd. This crowd is OBVIOUSLY no different! If you need help with GWX related matters... this is the place. Just do your best to ignore the trolls and post your query anyway. We'll get ya runnin'!

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 08:27 AM   #4461
Herz
Watch

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Naturally

If only we had happier times to talk about! Hopefully myself and the group of fellow Magpies I watch with will be able to get the games here somehow.

Herz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 01:34 PM   #4462
CDNDRVR
Nub

Downloads: 24
GWX 3.0 Corrupt file?

Can anyone help me out here, and i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked, but I cannot seem to find an answer to this.

I have a clean SH3 install, patched to version 1.4, and I have downloaded all GWX3 files.

however, when I try to run .exe, it tells me "Runtime Error (at 52:371): The source file is corrupted."

I have tried deleting the files, and re downloading GWX from a few different sites, but always get the same issue.

has anyone else encountered this? please help, I loved the older GWX and can't wait to try the new one.

I am on Vista 32. on a Sony Viao laptop. my old SH3/GWX worked fine on here... but gotta keep up with the Jones' . Thanks!
CDNDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 03:31 PM   #4463
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

The install of SHIII must be a fresh, unaltered install, patched to 1.4b. The GWX download must be checked with the md5 to insure a vaild download. The install should be outside of the program and program (86) folders.
Old 06-20-09, 07:07 PM   #4464
schuppo
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

hi all,

nice mod!! is it possible to get the gwx manual without the images in the background? because i want to print it out and the background-images on 644 pages would cost me alot ink. or can you tell me how to remove the images? thank you
schuppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 07:40 PM   #4465
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuppo View Post
hi all,

nice mod!! is it possible to get the gwx manual without the images in the background? because i want to print it out and the background-images on 644 pages would cost me alot ink. or can you tell me how to remove the images? thank you
Hi Schuppo, welcome aboard!

There was some earlier discussion during development regarding a 'printer-friendly' version of the manual.

I'll talk to Pablo and get back to you here. Just give me a couple of days if you would.

(Wouldn't it be cool if we could give out hard-back copies of Pablo's awesome work? )

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 06-20-09, 08:12 PM   #4466
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

There was some earlier discussion during development regarding a 'printer-friendly' version of the manual.

I'll talk to Pablo and get back to you here. Just give me a couple of days if you would.

(Wouldn't it be cool if we could give out hard-back copies of Pablo's awesome work? )
That is what I call a Welcome
Old 06-20-09, 10:04 PM   #4467
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner20071963 View Post
That is what I call a Welcome
Glad you approve, Owner. Does this mean you are done trolling and baiting me?

www.thegreywolves.com

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 06-20-09 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-21-09, 06:30 PM   #4468
paul_kingtiger
Watch

Downloads: 60
Default Problems with sky texture

Hello,

Firstly let me say I LOVE the mod. It is the only reason I'm still playing the game. GWX has turned an ok game into an amazing simulation.

I've recently upgraded to the Windows 7 RC1 and I'm having some issues with the sky textures. During some weather conditions, usually clear daytime skys, I get a strange black sky texture.

I've included a screenshot at
http://www.st-george-squadron.co.uk/...%20texture.jpg

Anyone else had this problem or know a solution?
paul_kingtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-09, 12:50 AM   #4469
Nictalope
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Some minor features

I like very much the mod,and is amazingly done.

Regards the rose of the wind that comes up on the right side, i just might add, was a little too bright white for me at night, thinking maybe a color like the other side's dials could be easier on the eyes.
Other matter is that I really miss the big flags and names at sides of the hulls in many neutral ships (some illuminated at night), so is there any known mod to mod =.= this up?

A Splendid job your doing, chaps

kind regards
Old 06-22-09, 06:28 AM   #4470
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schuppo View Post
hi all,

Quote:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBIVMOFU

http://files.filefront.com/Manual+V3.../fileinfo.html

Alternatively, if you want to remove them yourself, you'll need Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro or above. Select the Object tool, click on the background image (it highlights) and hit Del. Wash, Rinse & Repeat for all 644 pages.