SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-02-24, 06:02 PM   #4231
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

...sitting in AC'd family room keeping cool. Temperatures are at 103⁰ F. which is intolerable for septuagenerians. PG&E power is intermittantly cutting power to alleviate the high fire threat risk as needed... so far that hasn't ocurred here. Fingers crossed! Temps should cool down to 62⁰ F. at sundown; as a short respite for tomorrow's forcast of 104⁰F.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-24, 08:03 AM   #4232
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Turtle tracks on the beach.

Old 07-03-24, 08:39 AM   #4233
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
...sitting in AC'd family room keeping cool. Temperatures are at 103⁰ F. which is intolerable for septuagenerians. PG&E power is intermittantly cutting power to alleviate the high fire threat risk as needed... so far that hasn't ocurred here. Fingers crossed! Temps should cool down to 62⁰ F. at sundown; as a short respite for tomorrow's forcast of 104⁰F.
You just be careful Vinnie and try not to get too excited reading them comics

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-24, 02:28 PM   #4234
Commander Wallace
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Sorry you are having difficulty regarding the heat. I had been invited to ride my Motorcycle to the 101th Anniversary of the Laconia Bike Week in New Hampshire from June 2nd to June 16th. It would have been a nice long run and I politely declined because of the heat. It would not have been a pleasant ride in the heat.

The Sturgis Rally in South Dakota will be from August 2nd through August 11th. With the heat, I don't expect to make that run either. Then again, I really don't have an interest in going anyhow. Although, some of the best Motorcycle riding is there in that part of the Country. There is also some great food and Concert's there as well. Although, I don't like seeing women with Tattoo's at Sturgis and I don't have to drive to South Dakota to see that either.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-24, 04:03 PM   #4235
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Icon9 A less than glorious 4th ensues

It's expected that Death Valley will hit 130⁰F. Cell phones overheat in this condition and visitors are advised to only stay out for 10 minutes to avoid 3rd degree burns. I got an 'overheat msg' on my new Google phone two daze ago when l left it on the front seat of my vehicle for 5 minutes. I still shudder when recalling epic journeys in my cab-over 1976 Freightliner on I-10 in Arizona and Texas in searing 120⁰ F. heat w/o a working AC while sitting next to a toasty 290 fuelsqueezer Cummins diesel...the view of writhing truck treads lost from big-rigs all along the 150⁰ish overcooked freeway black-top lingers half-a-century on; and that's before "global warming" became an issue alongside Covid and WWIII issues. At least CB radios didn''t overheat!UPDATE: the National Weather Bureau has declared the hot weather stuation: "historic, lethal, and extremely dangerous"...moxt of the local communities ars cancelling Fouth of July fireworks due to 'redflag conditions...and 'spare the air' is in effect; so BBQing on the Weber is out for the holidaze!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-04-24 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-09-24, 08:49 AM   #4236
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Yesterday I paid my mom a visit and to do so I had to take the ferry from our island to another island - Als. When we had reached halfway I heard the sound of a helicopter and this sound came close until the chopper was right above me. Then one of the crew came and said it was an exercise-Thank God. I manage to take some pictures with my phone, before I had to put my fingers in my ears due to the very high sound from the Helicopter

I forgot to look after different thing on the helicopter. Such as ASW stuff.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-24, 01:05 PM   #4237
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Hats off to Rockstar and Markus for those photos
Old 08-11-24, 09:01 AM   #4238
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Just booked the trip to Cyprus for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary next month.

Old 08-23-24, 09:40 AM   #4239
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Watching classic "Battle of BRITAIN" on telly, reading the W.S.J with a cuppa‐joe and awaiting a service guy coming to mop off the dusty new rooftop solar panels: $200 for 1/2 hour's work!?... at 73, falls in the home being the leading cause of death, getting up on a ladder is not optimal...ie: gravity is not my friend; he's expendible; I'm not! (and I even used to climb 50-90ft. telephone poles for a living) That formal course in Logic 101 I took to satisfy my math/philosophy degree requirement still resonates 50 years on!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-23-24 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-24-24, 03:46 AM   #4240
Tango589
Still crazy as ever!

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 1

Me and my other half have driven to Cambridgeshire to visit family for the Bank Holiday weekend. As expected for an August Bank Holiday, it's bloody raining. 🙄

Still, my 3 year old little cousin is an absolute smasher, so a bit of rain won't spoil anything! I forecast a day of jumping in puddles! 😁

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...
Tango589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-24, 04:32 AM   #4241
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Family is everything, enjoy.

Old 09-07-24, 08:25 PM   #4242
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

I recently found out the hard way that I'm now highly allergic to wasp stings. I got a prescription for some epipens and it seems I will have to carry them with me everywhere I go. At least during the spring/summer. Fun times.
Old 09-08-24, 04:44 AM   #4243
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

^ Small consolation but there are far fewer wasps about nowadays
Old 09-08-24, 07:42 AM   #4244
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
I recently found out the hard way that I'm now highly allergic to wasp stings. I got a prescription for some epipens and it seems I will have to carry them with me everywhere I go. At least during the spring/summer. Fun times.
It's not the wasps you should be wary of, tis the vampire bats you should be worried about

Old 09-08-24, 10:06 AM   #4245
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

...or mosquitos! Still the #1 killer on the spinning mudball(humans are #2); someone in New Hampshire just died of encephalitis from a mosquito bite according to the newspaper. That's a new one for me.

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-08-24 at 10:38 AM.