SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-08, 08:19 AM   #406
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza

Lurker: any chance of finding the british mosquito fleet at Dunkirk? doing operation Dynamo¿¿¿¿
Yes
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-08, 09:52 AM   #407
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default Dunkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza

Lurker: any chance of finding the british mosquito fleet at Dunkirk? doing operation Dynamo¿¿¿¿
Yes
Im after them!!!!

say goodbye to the family for me... enough DDs and smaller fry there probably

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 01:58 AM   #408
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

Hi Lurker,

very great, i think after going back to SH3 this mod might be my way back to SH4
I dont like the amreican stuff, i want to play German Boats and not only in the pacific.

There is only one big issue for me that scares me away.... The Snorkel CO² problem.
Of course i know its no bug you have created, but what i want to ask:
Is there a way to fix that, or do we have to wait for Ubi?
And if there is a way is it somewhere on your ToDo list?
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 04:12 AM   #409
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delareon
Hi Lurker,

very great, i think after going back to SH3 this mod might be my way back to SH4
I dont like the amreican stuff, i want to play German Boats and not only in the pacific.

There is only one big issue for me that scares me away.... The Snorkel CO² problem.
Modders can't rub this bug out.
But this problem should not be such a big problem.
You can surface all two days for a short while and it is okay.
When you are a non 100% player, you can tick unlimeted air and you loose just one percent.
Not a big deal.
Old 07-21-08, 04:20 AM   #410
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

Have played again the mod. I must say it again: wonderful and awesome.
One Question: Will the diving time be fixed in a further patch?

Quote:
[...] There is only one big issue for me that scares me away.... The Snorkel CO² problem.
AFAIK this is some bit real. I have some books about war history printed in 1953 - 1956 from my grandfather. There is a history about a boat (don't know the code; but it was an VI with snorkel) which solved to run to argentinia. They have had big problems with snorkel. When the sea is rough and a wave comes over the snorkel, it will close for some seconds and the diesel takes the air from within the boat. The guys must have had some serios ear damage after some time I think :hmm:
And they have had to surface some times to catch fresh air.

I think this is quite normal.
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 05:20 AM   #411
Delareon
Planesman

Downloads: 77

in rough seas ok, even if the CO² amount is reducing slowly it would be ok.
(Maybe the CO² amount will never be that low as when the boat is surfaced)
But atm the snorkel is only for the diesels and nothing happens to the CO² Level.
I think that isnt very realistic.
Delareon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 06:54 AM   #412
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Hi Lurker,

I have yet to find a fix for this problem
Old 07-21-08, 07:31 AM   #413
germannoob
Sailor man

Downloads: 24

is it possible to prolonge the CO2 increasing time?

Another Question: When is the boat equipped with the snorkel? Do I have to update this?
germannoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 06:36 PM   #414
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by germannoob
is it possible to prolonge the CO2 increasing time?

Another Question: When is the boat equipped with the snorkel? Do I have to update this?
No

and

In OM V301 only the Type 23 has a snorkel during "Campaign" play. The Type VII & IX have them, but they are "not" available during "Campaign" play. You will get to use them in OM V400
Old 07-21-08, 11:15 PM   #415
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default A question re Operation Monsun

Hi to all,
Hope I'm not asking something thats been discussed previopulsy. I thought Operation Monsun was the German code for their efforts in the Indian Ocean and Far East, so is this a mod for that or is it actually the Atlantic and if so could we rerfer to it as the Atlantic is a bit confusing, or is that a seperate mod, see I'm confudes.

Please be gentle in your replies, I'm not trying to be a smart arse just a tad confused
Also is this seperate from the Atlantic Campaign from the 24th Flotilla for SH4 which can be reviewed via http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139560

And are these mods released or a work in progress, would love to see some screenies

R
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-08, 11:47 PM   #416
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi to all,
Hope I'm not asking something thats been discussed previopulsy. I thought Operation Monsun was the German code for their efforts in the Indian Ocean and Far East, so is this a mod for that or is it actually the Atlantic and if so could we rerfer to it as the Atlantic is a bit confusing, or is that a seperate mod, see I'm confudes.

Please be gentle in your replies, I'm not trying to be a smart arse just a tad confused
Also is this seperate from the Atlantic Campaign from the 24th Flotilla for SH4 which can be reviewed via http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=139560

And are these mods released or a work in progress, would love to see some screenies

R

Operation Monsun V100

“Operation Monsun” (OM) will present a semi-historical recreation of the deployment of German U-Boats to the Far East. The approach used to create this mod is along the same lines as RSRDC, give the SH4 users as close to historical immersion as can be made within the limits of Silent Hunter 4. To accomplish this goal a major rewrite to all files related to the U-Boat Campaign was accomplished, and provides the following:

-Initial deployment of U-boats from Lorient, France, 3 July 43 to 27 Aug 43, in which you must transit to the Indian Ocean, conduct a combat patrol in one of the same areas used by units enroute to Penang.
-From 27 Aug 43 to 30 Aug 44, you will operate out of Penang conducting combat operations in the traditional OpAreas of the Northern/Western IO.
-After the decision to move the U-Boat home base from Penang, operations will be conducted from Djakarta starting on 1 Sept 44 through the remainder of the war.

Operation Monsun V200

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 200 will add the German attack on the East Coast of the United States from January 1942 through September of that year along with the current semi-historical recreation of the deployment of German U-Boats to the Far East. Again the approach used to create this mod is along the same lines as RSRDC, give the SH4 users as close to historical immersion as can be made within the limits of Silent Hunter 4. To accomplish this goal a major rewrite / additions to all files related to the U-Boat Campaign was accomplished, and provides the following:

For Operation Paukenschlag:

-Deployment of Type IX U-boats from 2Flotilla based at Lorient, France on December 16th 1941, in which you transit to the “undefended” US East Coast, operating in the same areas as the 5 Type IX that were sent by Donitz
-You will also have a total of 7 different start dates operating the Type IX B/C from 2Flotilla / 10Flotilla at Lorient, Type VIIC boats from 7Flotilla at St. Nazaire and 3Flotilla at La Pallice.
-As with the real “Drumbeat” campaign your objectives will start on the East Coast of the US, then move to the Gulf of Mexico, and finally into the Caribbean.

Operation Monsun V301

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 301 will add the BdU’s coastal submarine operations, this encompasses the Type II U-Boat combat patrols during the first year and half of the war, in and around the North Sea, Norwegian Coast and Western Approaches to England. From 10/42 to 9/44 operations in the Black Sea by the six Type IIB U-boats of the 30th Flotilla and finally the 11th Flotilla’s Type XXIII operations in the North Sea from 01/45 to the end of the War.

Future versions of Operation Monsun

V400 “Action in the North Atlantic”
V500 will cover the Mediterranean
V600 the Arctic
V700 will finalize OM

I current have no comment about Atlantic Campaign from the 24th Flotilla.
Old 07-22-08, 01:20 AM   #417
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Thanks for your answers

Hi and thanks, offers a little clarification can I ask which of the listed mods are released, and are there plans to merge the lot once they are all out.

One mo0re thing, does one need the UBoats add on for SH4 or do these mods go into SH4 clean install

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Hi to all,

R

Operation Monsun V100

“Operation Monsun” (OM) will present a semi-historical recreation of the deployment of German U-Boats to the Far East. The approach used to create this mod is along the same lines as RSRDC, give the SH4 users as close to historical immersion as can be made within the limits of Silent Hunter 4. To accomplish this goal a major rewrite to all files related to the U-Boat Campaign was accomplished, and provides the following:

-Initial deployment of U-boats from Lorient, France, 3 July 43 to 27 Aug 43, in which you must transit to the Indian Ocean, conduct a combat patrol in one of the same areas used by units enroute to Penang.
-From 27 Aug 43 to 30 Aug 44, you will operate out of Penang conducting combat operations in the traditional OpAreas of the Northern/Western IO.
-After the decision to move the U-Boat home base from Penang, operations will be conducted from Djakarta starting on 1 Sept 44 through the remainder of the war.

Operation Monsun V200

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 200 will add the German attack on the East Coast of the United States from January 1942 through September of that year along with the current semi-historical recreation of the deployment of German U-Boats to the Far East. Again the approach used to create this mod is along the same lines as RSRDC, give the SH4 users as close to historical immersion as can be made within the limits of Silent Hunter 4. To accomplish this goal a major rewrite / additions to all files related to the U-Boat Campaign was accomplished, and provides the following:

For Operation Paukenschlag:

-Deployment of Type IX U-boats from 2Flotilla based at Lorient, France on December 16th 1941, in which you transit to the “undefended” US East Coast, operating in the same areas as the 5 Type IX that were sent by Donitz
-You will also have a total of 7 different start dates operating the Type IX B/C from 2Flotilla / 10Flotilla at Lorient, Type VIIC boats from 7Flotilla at St. Nazaire and 3Flotilla at La Pallice.
-As with the real “Drumbeat” campaign your objectives will start on the East Coast of the US, then move to the Gulf of Mexico, and finally into the Caribbean.

Operation Monsun V301

“Operation Monsun” (OM) version 301 will add the BdU’s coastal submarine operations, this encompasses the Type II U-Boat combat patrols during the first year and half of the war, in and around the North Sea, Norwegian Coast and Western Approaches to England. From 10/42 to 9/44 operations in the Black Sea by the six Type IIB U-boats of the 30th Flotilla and finally the 11th Flotilla’s Type XXIII operations in the North Sea from 01/45 to the end of the War.

Future versions of Operation Monsun

V400 “Action in the North Atlantic”
V500 will cover the Mediterranean
V600 the Arctic
V700 will finalize OM

I current have no comment about Atlantic Campaign from the 24th Flotilla.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 02:20 AM   #418
FloydRoses
Mate

Downloads: 44

What hell???
I start campaign, but is localized in the Pacific!
FloydRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-08, 05:55 AM   #419
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Hi and thanks, offers a little clarification can I ask which of the listed mods are released, and are there plans to merge the lot once they are all out.
The current version of OM has all previous versions included.

Quote:
One mo0re thing, does one need the UBoats add on for SH4
Yes
Old 07-22-08, 09:59 AM   #420
Xantrokoles
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydRoses
What hell???
I start campaign, but is localized in the Pacific!
You have to give us more details.
Until now I can yas, you could test: disable om, enable om, restart game.

Usually you have the 'overwriting-jsgme' problem.