Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-16, 08:34 PM   #4096
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

I'm glad that President Elect Trump is considering General James "Mad Dog" Mattis for SECDEF.

Old 11-22-16, 09:15 PM   #4097
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Trump breaks Promise #1

Quote:
“It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about," Trump told reporters and columnists at the New York Times Tuesday afternoon. “I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t. She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways."
He's on his way to becoming a real politician.
Old 11-22-16, 09:20 PM   #4098
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
If true it'll be strike one.

Then again no sense pushing Obama into using the Pardon Pen while he still wields it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 11-22-16, 10:13 PM   #4099
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Yup, Cnn is pretty slanted one way, BB the other, I agree.

But, you understand that when a gay black theater actor tweets racist and misogynist statements, CNN will ignore it, and BB will cover it. So, how does it matter that 80% of BB is outrageous distortion, when that item I posted is not?

The point you sidestepped was the arrogant jerk who lectured the incoming VP is a hypocrite.
At the end of the day, Neal, we're all hypocrites in some way or another, I know I certainly am, and there's hardly a person out there who isn't. Let he who is without sin, as they say.
Yes, the guy who lectured the VP was a hypocrite, and yes, his decision was questionable, but I think there's going to be a lot of that, and Trump needs to grow a thicker hide. Pence handled it a lot better than Trump did, to be honest, and someone really needs to take away his twitter account, for his own sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist but for the record i'm not upset in the least.

My point was just that according to some here Trump is expected to disavow every nut that the left can dig up but if he does it's only because he's guilty of something. I guess there is just no pleasing some people!
Well, it's hardly the first time people have expected an entity or a group to apologize for the actions of others which are linked to them in a trace manner. In fact we're overdue for another one, sadly.
Honestly, his disavow does not remove his actions, you can't unsmash a window, you can apologise for it, even pay for a new one, but you can't turn back time and not smash the window in the first place. I think that it's good that Trump has disavowed himself from the group that were "Heil Trump"-ing in Washington the other day, and I don't think that it'll be the first time that he'll have to do that.
Now, if you think that creeping fascism in populist politics isn't a problem, then that's a whole other kettle of fish. I'm sure that you'll be quick to fire back with something about creeping communism, and yes, I'd agree...both are a problem. I'm a liberal, but I'm not a communist, in fact in European politics I'm pretty right-side on the left (if that even makes sense as a sentence) I think that Trident should be renewed, I don't think the railways should be re-nationalised, and I think that Jeremy Corbyn will never be Prime Minister. In American terms though that still makes me pretty left-wing, but really I try to be as centralist as possible...and the thing that is worrying me right now, and should be worrying more people, is that the centre ground is being abandoned, and political parties are going off to the extreme left and right wings of politics and those wings are where the monsters lie, and not a great deal of good comes of extreme swings in political movements.

Quote:
Trump breaks Promise #1

The best laid plans of President elects seldom make it past the White House. I think that he's going to disappoint a few people in that regards, just as Obama disappointed quite a few people on the left when he realised that a lot of his promises just couldn't cut it in Washington.

You can't fight city hall, as they say.
Old 11-23-16, 07:35 AM   #4100
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Sure Trump can pick up the phone and say anything he wants to ... to the new Attorney general, but in the end it is not up to the POTUS to pursue.

It is still in the hands of the investigation team that is already in place. They don't come back till January 3rd and the EC voters will give them a whole new agenda to face on January 6th and Trump's reign is suppose to begin January 20th, 2017.

Hillary is not off the hook yet ... Obama couldn't tell the FBI director what to do and neither can Donald Trump.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 11-23-16, 08:13 AM   #4101
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I'm a liberal, but I'm not a communist,
Oh I understand the difference but I think many liberals do not understand the difference between conservatism and fascism and their voices are amplified, deliberately it seems, by a biased media.

Old 11-23-16, 09:17 AM   #4102
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Trump breaks Promise #1

FBI is still investigating the Clinton Foundation. Given the ties between CF and influence pedaling at State, there are going to be plenty of emails in that mess as well.

This is, I suspect, a move to keep Obama from pardoning her. Whether anything will come from it after, who knows. However, and I am did not vote for Trump, I see the reality of this in 2 ways:

1) Its smart politically because it shows him (at least for not) as being bigger than the fearmongers thought when they claimed he would simply use all available power to destroy his political opponents.

2) It shows he is prioritizing the needs of the nation moving forward through transition than he is on vengeance.

Both of these show promise - and neither insures that the Clinton's won't still face legal issues down the line. I will note that letting investigations that are already ongoing go through the process is the right way to do things regardless...

Captain Haplo
Old 11-23-16, 09:22 AM   #4103
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Trump breaks Promise #1

To be honest, who needs the darn distraction concerning the Clintons? It is time for the Clintons to fade into obscurity.....AFTER the Clinton Foundation is investigated. Let the email issue go. We have seen and heard enough. Hillary is no longer a threat with use of unsecured servers and national security.
Old 11-23-16, 09:36 AM   #4104
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
To be honest, who needs the darn distraction concerning the Clintons? It is time for the Clintons to fade into obscurity.....AFTER the Clinton Foundation is investigated. Let the email issue go. We have seen and heard enough. Hillary is no longer a threat with use of unsecured servers and national security.
I know that subsim is not entertainment tonight, but that's going to be the future of the Clinton's. Bill just hung around for Hillary's chance to put him back into the White House.

Now comes the split up ... remember Al Gore and Tipper?
What a great president he would've made, uh?

Al, Tipper Gore Shock Friends With Divorce Announcement June 2010
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/al-ti...ry?id=10800639
or achievement

Old 11-23-16, 10:03 AM   #4105
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I know that subsim is not entertainment tonight, but that's going to be the future of the Clinton's. Bill just hung around for Hillary's chance to put him back into the White House.

Now comes the split up ... remember Al Gore and Tipper?
What a great president he would've made, uh?

Al, Tipper Gore Shock Friends With Divorce Announcement June 2010
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/al-ti...ry?id=10800639
I agree, I see Hillary dumping Bill's butt. Hillary's run for president ended the day Bill lied to the public concerning Monica Lewinsky. She just did not know it at that time.
Old 11-23-16, 10:07 AM   #4106
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I agree, I see Hillary dumping Bill's butt. Hillary's run for president ended the day Bill lied to the public concerning Monica Lewinsky. She just did not know it at that time.
I believe she still could have won despite that. It's her, not Bill, that people loathe.

Old 11-23-16, 10:29 AM   #4107
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

intriguing, Mark Cuban and Steve Bannon spotted meeting together:

http://www.politico.com/playbook-plus#
Old 11-23-16, 11:01 AM   #4108
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

My upbringing teaches me not to judge by outward appearance, but it sure is hard when the person in question has a red face, needs a shave and a haircut.

However, on GMA (ABC TV) just this morning, he had a new look ... a clean look with a haircut and a clean shave and no red face and it was live. No new picture yet
or achievement

Old 11-23-16, 11:53 AM   #4109
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Oh I understand the difference but I think many liberals do not understand the difference between conservatism and fascism and their voices are amplified, deliberately it seems, by a biased media.
That's a fair point, I think fascist probably is one of the most overused words of the 20th century, and I do wonder if it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf and if the actual weight of the word has been lost over the years of misuse.
Equally, I think communist is probably not that far behind in terms of misuse, but I think it's out of a sort of deep rooted concern on both sides that either ideology could appear and cause deep destruction to a western nation.
Old 11-23-16, 06:23 PM   #4110
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
That's a fair point, I think fascist probably is one of the most overused words of the 20th century, and I do wonder if it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf and if the actual weight of the word has been lost over the years of misuse.
Equally, I think communist is probably not that far behind in terms of misuse, but I think it's out of a sort of deep rooted concern on both sides that either ideology could appear and cause deep destruction to a western nation.
I think it's more the fear of totalitarianism whatever the flavor.

Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump