SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-13, 01:08 PM   #4096
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealhead View Post
If you read the TMO 2.5 read me and the sig that Ducimus has you would know that he no longer mods not really news he made this known at least a year ago.

That would obviously imply that even if Ducimus where around he would not fix the bug where subs can not be seen by radar.Ducimus is around by the way he posted something today(6/10/13)

Furthermore the subs where never supposed to sail only be "lawn ornaments" and they have been modded to sail on the surface but they can not attack and cannot dive only evade you. I am pretty sure the subs not showing up on radar is not curable.

Basically the subs even being preset for you to attack is as good as it will ever get.What they can do has been painstakingly modded in by several people.
I get that, however he had said he was not aware of this one time and would get back to me.I get he is not modding and that is fine, was wondering if someone with the knowledge could fix it.

Yes it is a huge oversight by devs to not include working AI subs, just always did bother me.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 09:06 PM   #4097
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekempey View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm on my 10th Patrol in an S-18 class boat. I'm in Mid 1943 stationed in Alaska, having started Dec 6, 1941 in Manilla. I've been offered new construction twice, and have turned down each time. According to the UnitParts4sClass.upc file, I should have had both conning tower upgrades available by now. The boat is still in stock 1941 trim, the only thing added was surface radar, and the Measure 32 paint scheme. I've searched this thread, but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any advice?
I'm going from memory here on what Ducimus said back when. The game is predisposed to offer you either a new command or upgrade, like rewarding good children with candy. If you are very good, you are offered a new command. If you are not quite so good, you are offered an upgrade. Mods can change renoun levels, but AFAIK, cannot change the basic mechanics of this system (New commands taking precedence over upgrades). Of course, your boat should have been upgraded to the latest configuration by now, but the game offered you a new boat instead. Maybe someone knows how to edit the career files to upgrade your boat. Short of that I don't think there is much you can do.

Since the S-class are soon to be withdrawn from active service, you are likely to be faced with a choice of accepting a new command, or retirement shortly.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 09:45 PM   #4098
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I just downloaded TMO Overhaul,
and installed it via JSGME and SH4 says
it's missing ..\silenthunter 4\data\menu\data\black80.tga

I checked the download and it's not there either. SH4 just locks
up when it gets to this error. Shame, was really looking forward
to playing TMO.

Anyone have a link to that image?
My guess would be that you are running SH4 1.4. The current version of TMO is for SH4 1.5. If you want to to ubgrade you will have to buy the expansion pack.

Most mods now only work with V 1.5.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 11:14 PM   #4099
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

a question: is the current RSRDC V502 compaitable with tmo 2.5
? is it better with it or not ?
and mino detail question does it in anyway mess up with ship debris and lifeboats files ?
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 04:50 PM   #4100
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsangel View Post
a question: is the current RSRDC V502 compaitable with tmo 2.5
? is it better with it or not ?
and mino detail question does it in anyway mess up with ship debris and lifeboats files ?
Actually that's three questions!

in order... Yes, yes, no

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-13, 09:58 PM   #4101
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsangel View Post
... is it better with it or not ?
RSRDC is a campaign traffic mod. That is it scripts traffic so that it is at a historical and realistic level. Without it, you are likely to have Japanese traffic that is heavier, very random, and not really sensible. Sometimes people want traffic to be "pumped up", so they don't have to spend a lot of time hunting for contacts. This would be the main reason why you might not want to use RSRDC.
Old 06-18-13, 01:03 AM   #4102
Tortilla
Nub

Downloads: 3

I am having an issue with the whole Jonesoft Mod Enabler that is said to be needed in the TMO manual. I cannot find it anywhere, the links in the manual are dead and the creators of the thing seem to have disappeared forever. 2.6 seems to be the last version, but the few links to it I have found on this forum always point to invalid file ids and such. Any help?

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it simply has changed name because it isn't made by Jonesoft anymore or something. I got it from Cimexchange.

Last edited by Tortilla; 06-18-13 at 01:20 AM.
Tortilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 03:07 AM   #4103
airsangel
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing View Post
Actually that's three questions!

in order... Yes, yes, no

JCC
figured out : )....thanks for the answer
Old 06-18-13, 03:10 AM   #4104
airsangel
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpX View Post
RSRDC is a campaign traffic mod. That is it scripts traffic so that it is at a historical and realistic level. Without it, you are likely to have Japanese traffic that is heavier, very random, and not really sensible. Sometimes people want traffic to be "pumped up", so they don't have to spend a lot of time hunting for contacts. This would be the main reason why you might not want to use RSRDC.
installed it yesterday..and damn its fine !!...tracked 2 tankers in one big convoy sank them both and made it out with 37 % hull damage cause wow destroyers are destroyers : )

thanks for replying
Old 06-18-13, 10:10 PM   #4105
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Happy Hunting!
Old 06-18-13, 10:48 PM   #4106
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla View Post
I am having an issue with the whole Jonesoft Mod Enabler that is said to be needed in the TMO manual. I cannot find it anywhere, the links in the manual are dead and the creators of the thing seem to have disappeared forever. 2.6 seems to be the last version, but the few links to it I have found on this forum always point to invalid file ids and such. Any help?

EDIT: Oh wait, apparently it simply has changed name because it isn't made by Jonesoft anymore or something. I got it from Cimexchange.
JSGME links No, the links are not dead because I have fixed a lot of them at subsim with Neal Stevens. PM me with the links that are dead.

The invalid file ids is a hesitation which I just saw again today. The link should redirect you in a few seconds of waiting to the subsim download section. The utility download section has the links for JSGME installer and the user guide. The invalid file id error needs to be readdressed again. I have an idea what caused it this time.

Welcome and happy hunting, Tortilla. You will find out here at subsim, there are lots of people out there willing to help out others. Just keep on asking any questions.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 07:49 AM   #4107
GOREUNCLE
Watch

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1
Default Better medals for TMO 2.5 and OTC 1.5

Hi everyone!

I guess this is a bit off topic but I didn't find answers when I read the FAQ&Rules section, also I didn't find any related threads.
Since this thread is, at least, related TMO I'll try my luck here.

Some days ago I made a minor medal mod for TMO 2.5 (it also works with OTC 1.5)
I just want to know how to post it so people can give it a try!

Thanks in advance!
GOREUNCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 12:14 PM   #4108
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOREUNCLE View Post
Some days ago I made a minor medal mod for TMO 2.5 (it also works with OTC 1.5). I just want to know how to post it so people can give it a try!
Use the "new topic button" at the top of the fleet boat mods workshop webpage to add your new topic of a mod.

Read these two threads on how to post mod information, too.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162048

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163015

There as relevant for SH4 as well as SH3 and SH5.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 02:15 PM   #4109
GOREUNCLE
Watch

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 1
Default Better medals for TMO and OTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Use the "new topic button" at the top of the fleet boat mods workshop webpage to add your new topic of a mod.

Read these two threads on how to post mod information, too.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162048

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163015

There as relevant for SH4 as well as SH3 and SH5.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by GOREUNCLE; 06-21-13 at 02:38 PM. Reason: incomplete post
GOREUNCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-13, 03:32 PM   #4110
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOREUNCLE View Post
Thanks a lot!
You're welcome.