SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-13, 04:15 PM   #4081
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

If you have red marks in your recognition manual, use it for the stadimeter wherever is the mark.
When no red marks, use the mast height as usual.
When a flag is on the boat, use the flag height.

But stock TMO shouldn't have red marks in manual...
I thought it was a SCAF and/or OTC mod feature...
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-13, 11:54 AM   #4082
Paul Roberts
Helmsman

Downloads: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

But stock TMO shouldn't have red marks in manual...
I thought it was a SCAF and/or OTC mod feature...
I see it with no mods other TMO and RSRD applied.

The problem is that it isn't consistent. If you page through the recognition manual you'll see some ships with red lines at the tallest mast, some with lines at the stack, and some with no lines. Often the red line is hard to see (if present) because it's just a small dash on a small stack. You'll see that it doesn't go by ship type either-- for example, some destroyers have lines, some don't.
Paul Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-13, 10:37 AM   #4083
simsurfer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 54
Default No Deck Gun?

Downloaded TMO 2.5 last week, I am running Windows 7 64bit, have installed the Mod Enabler but I am only running two mods:

TMO 2.5 & a Narwall add on I got here at Subsim.

Except for the Narwall, none of my subs have deck guns, Porpose, Gar, Gatos or Balaos either.

Is there a fix for this?

I'll need to know things like:
- calandar day and year: 1941-1945
- boat you were using: All of them
- what base you left out of: Perl Harbor
- Location of occurance (since im not a geography wiz yet, the psuedo grid coords might help)
- names of ships (if applicable)
- wind conditions, fog conditions, and time of day if pertaining to the AI or detection
Old 05-19-13, 09:33 PM   #4084
Paul65
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 19
Default Help with extraction

Where do I extract the update? What file? Sorry I am just not good with computers. I have the zip file downloaded and eagerly want to play with this latest release of Trigger Maru
Paul65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 07:49 AM   #4085
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Roberts View Post
I see it with no mods other TMO and RSRD applied.

The problem is that it isn't consistent. If you page through the recognition manual you'll see some ships with red lines at the tallest mast, some with lines at the stack, and some with no lines. Often the red line is hard to see (if present) because it's just a small dash on a small stack. You'll see that it doesn't go by ship type either-- for example, some destroyers have lines, some don't.
The reason some ships have the "red marked reference point" to use with the stadimeter, and others do not, is an RSRDCv502 thing. Lurker picked up some of my Recognition Manual ship pictures for his mod (he never was much for making images on his own). So using TMO and RSRDC, there will be some images changed with the correct placement to setting the stadimeter shown with the red mark (some of RSRDC's additional ships), and some not (TMO's or stock ships). Those that don't have a red mark, use the tallest mast.

If you want all ships marked indicating the reference point, with the reference point corrected to measure accurately (yes, some ships won't measure accurately using the stock or TMO Recognition Manual), then use "1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502" found in this thread.

An example of the inaccurate measurement found in TMO 2.5 is the Jap Hiryu CV. The RM states the mast height is 20 meters tall (65ft). This was the original stock measurement for the 1.0 version of SH4, changed, but not corrected with the 1.4 patched version of SH4 to 31 meters (102ft tall). For some reason TMO 2.5 chose to use the original Hiryu mast height. The corrected height measurement of the Hiryu mast should be 37 meters tall (121ft). You'll miss getting an accurate stadimeter range measurement by about half what it should be whenever you come up onto the Hiryu carrier. The OTC mod corrects the height measurement for all ships, and has all ships marked in the RM (with lengths too) for correct reference. Some will use the mast, some the ships funnel, some will use the ships national flag top as a reference point for measurement. Why, the different points? It's due to the fact some ship's funnel or ship's flag top are more "see-able" when trying to get a measurement. I tried to make it as easy as possible to get an accurate measurement when only one reference point can be measured with the games system.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 05-20-13 at 08:04 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 01:12 PM   #4086
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsurfer View Post
Downloaded TMO 2.5 last week, I am running Windows 7 64bit, have installed the Mod Enabler but I am only running two mods:

TMO 2.5 & a Narwall add on I got here at Subsim.

Except for the Narwall, none of my subs have deck guns, Porpose, Gar, Gatos or Balaos either.

Is there a fix for this?

I'll need to know things like:
- calandar day and year: 1941-1945
- boat you were using: All of them
- what base you left out of: Perl Harbor
- Location of occurance (since im not a geography wiz yet, the psuedo grid coords might help)
- names of ships (if applicable)
- wind conditions, fog conditions, and time of day if pertaining to the AI or detection
The TMO mod includes a narwall boat, so if you are using a mod to add that class, its redundant. A new skin for the boat shouldn't cause any problems, but adding a model may be the issue. Also, I recommend you also download and activate the small patch Aanker made for TMO 2.5, since this fixes a problem with progression to new boats. The small patch is here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3506

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V

Last edited by Redmane; 05-20-13 at 01:25 PM.
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 01:20 PM   #4087
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20
Default Extraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
Where do I extract the update? What file? Sorry I am just not good with computers. I have the zip file downloaded and eagerly want to play with this latest release of Trigger Maru
You can extract the TMO files to anyplace on your hard drive, but I've found its easiest to just use the wizard feature of WinRar and let it put them in a default location. So far this has always been my desktop, which makes it easy to find the files. Once that is done you can move the TMO folder anyplace you may want to keep a copy of it outside the Mods folder in the game root directory. This is recommended since at some point you may want to make some edits to the mod's files. JSGME in its final version has an automatic write protection feature that won't allow you to make edits to any files in the game directory, or the mods folder. So having the copy of an unedited mod, you can make changes to files, delete the files from the mod folder or game folder, then paste in your edited version. Also if you are going to make such changes, make sure you disable all mods before doing so, then re-enable them when your changes are in place. Sort of a long answer, but that should help.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 05:56 PM   #4088
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul65 View Post
Since I use many mod setups, I make a new folder for each supermod and mods that are compatible with it on my desktop. Simply, a folder called TMO, in which only TMO and TMO related mods go. I have a seperate folder for RFB and mods that go with it.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-13, 12:31 PM   #4089
Piggy
Ensign

Downloads: 147

Quick question, Ive completed 9 patrols now, starting Dec 7 41, its now January 43 and I've yet to recieve a new command and I dont have an option to "commission" a new boat (or however the phrase goes).

Ive sunk about 200K and my last patrol included a destroyer, 2 light cruisers and 5-6 merchants. I was expecting a new command after that patrol but Im still in my Tambor class?

Any idea why Im not getting rewarded? I seem to recall it not taking this long in previous games but its been a while since Ive played.

Cheers!
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 07:32 PM   #4090
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215

same problem different details !
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 08:05 PM   #4091
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Anyone know why IJN subs do not show up on RADAR in TMO? Tried asking Ducimus but...

IJN subs and U boats do not show up on Radar with TMO, This is a longstanding, annoying bug.Anyone know how to fix this? Ducimus isnt around it seems.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 09:46 AM   #4092
airsangel
Loader

Downloads: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
You're welcome! Just remember, if you do find your boats crush depth, you won't sail home to tell everyone about it. Even the real skippers who figured out their boat's crush depth are on eternal patrol.

What I do, is multiply the test depth by 1.5, i.e, 250ft test depth x 1.5 = 375ft. You should be safe to that depth. After that, you are playing with fire. I think some folks multiply it by 1.75 which would give you a depth of 437ft. But remember, the older boats had thinner pressure hulls than the later Gato, Balao, and Tench Class boats. So if your test depth is 250, I wouldn't try pushing it past the 400ft depth mark, unless you absolutely need to.
One trick I use with the shallower boats, is to really vary your depth while evading destroyers. Not only that, but I am constantly changing direction horizontally too. But I switch from the compass to the rudder settings on the dial so I can make faster turns than just hard to port or starboard. I can use slower speed settings, and conserve battery power without having to constantly go to flank speed. Tighter turns are nice, but they bleed off too much speed for my liking. I like to use 15 to 20 degree left or right rudder, as I can maintain a good head of speed, and it throws off their aim just enough so I can run the speed up a few seconds before dropping it back down again.
i went to a 600ft depth with a gar class...since beggining of campaign the boat maintains that depth very good : )
airsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 06:13 PM   #4093
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
IJN subs and U boats do not show up on Radar with TMO, This is a longstanding, annoying bug.Anyone know how to fix this? Ducimus isnt around it seems.

If you read the TMO 2.5 read me and the sig that Ducimus has you would know that he no longer mods not really news he made this known at least a year ago.

That would obviously imply that even if Ducimus where around he would not fix the bug where subs can not be seen by radar.Ducimus is around by the way he posted something today(6/10/13)

Furthermore the subs where never supposed to sail only be "lawn ornaments" and they have been modded to sail on the surface but they can not attack and cannot dive only evade you. I am pretty sure the subs not showing up on radar is not curable.

Basically the subs even being preset for you to attack is as good as it will ever get.What they can do has been painstakingly modded in by several people.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:18 AM   #4094
ekempey
Gunner

Downloads: 31
Default S-Class Conning Tower Upgrade

Hey everyone,

I'm on my 10th Patrol in an S-18 class boat. I'm in Mid 1943 stationed in Alaska, having started Dec 6, 1941 in Manilla. I've been offered new construction twice, and have turned down each time. According to the UnitParts4sClass.upc file, I should have had both conning tower upgrades available by now. The boat is still in stock 1941 trim, the only thing added was surface radar, and the Measure 32 paint scheme. I've searched this thread, but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any advice?

Mods:
ekempey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 11:03 AM   #4095
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187

I just downloaded TMO Overhaul,
and installed it via JSGME and SH4 says
it's missing ..\silenthunter 4\data\menu\data\black80.tga

I checked the download and it's not there either. SH4 just locks
up when it gets to this error. Shame, was really looking forward