SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-23, 01:57 PM   #391
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Just fill the entrances and exits with "Great Stuff" expanding spray foam.
Old 11-03-23, 02:00 PM   #392
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Why aren't the IDF using smoke machines to flush the terrorists out?, you could also throw stink bombs down the tunnels as well, there's no need to go in them, just use your imaginations and start getting creative.
Old 11-03-23, 02:07 PM   #393
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Why aren't the IDF using smoke machines to flush the terrorists out?, you could also throw stink bombs down the tunnels as well, there's no need to go in them, just use your imaginations and start getting creative.
Because in those tunnels there are the hostages, you do not want to kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 02:17 PM   #394
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Because in those tunnels there are the hostages, you do not want to kill them.
The hostages might all be dead already. I don't picture Hamas taking excellent care of them. Might be the bodies Hamas uses every time they claim Israel has just accidentally killed more Palestinian civilians.
Old 11-03-23, 02:26 PM   #395
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
The hostages might all be dead already. I don't picture Hamas taking excellent care of them. Might be the bodies Hamas uses every time they claim Israel has just accidentally killed more Palestinian civilians.
The hostages are treated good, they are important for the talks that going on 24/7 why would you destroy your trade goods.

Quote:
Old 11-03-23, 02:36 PM   #396
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Who wants to tell the Israelis that they have to gas the tunnels? I as a German certainly couldn't tell them, I am only allowed to silently think this way.

Talk is of 500 km of tunnels, up to 80-90 meters deep.

Hamas steal gasoline form hospitals. I assume they do the same with medications, medikits, watrer, food. Any deleivery into Gaza, no matter how well-intended, in parts, if not mostly, must and will end up in the hands of Hamas.

One cannot allow aid going in.

I refer to Julius Ceasar versus I think Vercingetorix. Caesar built TWO walls aroudn the enemy fortress - the inner ring towards the fortess, the outer ring against the outside to prevent reinforcements going in. When the Gaulls sent their women and children and wounded and elderly outside, assumign the Romans would helpt them and comprmise their own supply situation, Ceasar refused to accept them and left them were they are. He did not allow to comprormise his difficult military situation.

The Israeli situation is more than just "difficult". Their inner ring is a military one. Their outer ring is a political one.

War sucks. Hamas said they are proud to sacrife their people as a whole. They said they are proud of doing so. Not their own lifes only - but that of the civilian population.

Any complaints? Adress them to Hamas. Israel is best advised to stand bitterly determined and refusing anything that helps Hamas. The UN, the EU, the US - they all help Hamas and call that civilised.

What they really imply is that they prefer dead Jews over dead Arabs.

Israel must be warrior now. It has no chpoice, anything else will be seen as weakness, and will encourage more of 07-10. They must not intentionally target civilians, but they must also not allow civilians who are present to not target the enemy who calculates for such self-limitation by hiding amongst and behind civilians.

Such is war.

Scheisse.
Old 11-03-23, 02:36 PM   #397
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The IDF are consistent in one matter though.....no ceasefire of any kind until the hostages are released.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 02:40 PM   #398
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

You know what will come next in case of a cease-fire, Jim: demands from the West to not end it and to not re-open shooting action again. The West has no longer a warrior's heart. Softies. If Israel complies with that, it looses for sure. And its already now difficult enough for them to win their objective: which they said is to turn every member of Hamas into a dead body. This way, or similiar, Netanyahu had put it into words early on.
Old 11-03-23, 05:21 PM   #399
Dargo
Admiral

I do not understand that we need to slaughter millions for revenge to gas them, really do you lot understand what you are saying behind your cosy keyboards. It is so easy to massacre behind a computer, oh what heroes you are all what a courage it toke you to genocide a population wow now you have great power that you do not have in IRL.

Quote:
Old 11-03-23, 05:29 PM   #400
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I feel sorry for the Palestinian people in Gaza. That they have to suffer in this war.

I also understand the Israelis who has no other option than bomb Hamas targets even when they hide among civilians.

Negotiation !? NO Hamas and Hezbollah have made it clear erase Israel from the map.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-23, 05:47 PM   #401
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I feel sorry for the Palestinian people in Gaza. That they have to suffer in this war.

I also understand the Israelis who has no other option than bomb Hamas targets even when they hide among civilians.

Negotiation !? NO Hamas and Hezbollah have made it clear erase Israel from the map.

Markus
This war as all wars will be settled at the negotiation table Israel can not destroy Hamas that would mean genocide and the US will not allow that it is the biggest supporter so boss what will happen here. And they want this to end if you pay for this all you call the shots it is not in the US interest to let this conflict run out of control there are geopolitics that need to consider here the US has enough on his plate to deal with. In the middle of a worldwide leadership crisis we do not need another crisis we have enough of those already, if this goes FUBAR it is going bad for the whole globe. It is the small crisis's that make the big kaboom.

Quote:
Old 11-03-23, 05:53 PM   #402
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
This war as all wars will be settled at the negotiation table Israel can not destroy Hamas that would mean genocide and the US will not allow that it is the biggest supporter so boss what will happen here. And they want this to end if you pay for this all you call the shots it is not in the US interest to let this conflict run out of control there are geopolitics that need to consider here the US has enough on his plate to deal with.
I truly hope you're right on this matter.

Then it must be the American who push the Israeli to the table, because as it is now they will not stop until Hamas is destroyed.

What will happen after such a peace treaty has been made ?- It may go some weeks and then we are back to square one again. Where Hamas sends rockets towards Israel and Israel shot back.

The only way Israel can get rid of Hamas and Hezbollah is to wipe Iran from the world map.

Old 11-03-23, 05:57 PM   #403
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I truly hope you're right on this matter.

Then it must be the American who push the Israeli to the table, because as it is now they will not stop until Hamas is destroyed.

What will happen after such a peace treaty has been made ?- It may go some weeks and then we are back to square one again. Where Hamas sends rockets towards Israel and Israel shot back.

The only way Israel can get rid of Hamas and Hezbollah is to wipe Iran from the world map.
The US already repeatedly said do not go there where we went because revenge at those costs is not a fulfilment. If we wipe Iran off this world, another will rise to take its place, this kinda violence has never solved anything.

Quote:
Old 11-03-23, 06:15 PM   #404
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

So what is your solution to this never ending hate among the Islamic and the Jews ?

They could live fine together if there weren't this hate.

Markus

Old 11-03-23, 06:44 PM   #405
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
So what is your solution to this never ending hate among the Islamic and the Jews ?

They could live fine together if there weren't this hate.

Markus
The Yews, and Arab people are cousins like in every family there are fights let them start really talk to each other all this hate from both sides are extremist zealots. The anti-Semitism is almost 2000 years old, most part we in the west are fault of this we kinda overcome this after WWII because we thought enough is enough (never again) we came together and made agreements to prevent this to ever happen again. The Oslo accords were a good start, but on both sides there were extremist that destroyed that get rid of those orthodox let the people decide not those in power, the corrupt, extreme religion just the people. No side owns Israel, both family members must share equally their country. I live in a country that is build on immigrants, we have always tried to live together still do we accepted each other we talk to each other that is how we lived for centuries do not want to get your right is key here seek where you come together and work from there and **** the politicians.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 11-03-23 at 06:57 PM.