SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-10, 06:46 PM   #4021
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
Really? Is it realistic that the obs peri only extends half way? I mean since the periscope shaft is the same lenght as the attack scope why would it only extend so short? Please could i see some sources for your settings?
it's pretty simple if you look at it. Look where the obs scope is located - it's on the bottom floor of the sub. Look where the attack scope is located - in the con. There's an obvious height difference there.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 06:49 PM   #4022
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

It doesn't extend halfway, it extends exactly as far as it should. The scope tubes are about the same length overall and the difference in height is about 2 meters (difference between conning tower height and control room).

Here is a link to a scan of U-570's actual blueprints: http://www.uboatarchive.net/U-570Gen...idTaylorBW.htm

EDIT: Seems I wasn't quite quick enough there...
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 07:45 PM   #4023
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v4.0.4 released. See post #1 for details
Old 08-26-10, 09:03 PM   #4024
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Thanks for 4_0_4 , very nice . Regarding automation , would it be possible for me to travel at 128TC in navmap view then start automation (say the surface search) . It does the search at 1TC in 3D view and then goes back to navmap at 128TC once finished . And could i have this repeated at what ever time interval i choose ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 10:21 PM   #4025
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Found a typo in the type VIIC's cfg file:
Quote:
SurfaceDepth=5;6;meters
The VIIB's file reads:
Quote:
SurfaceDepth=5;meters
As such, the VIIC appears to ride too low in the water.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-10, 11:59 PM   #4026
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Is there anyway to drop the game to 1TC when any message box messages appears ? TCxOnMessageBoxText doesnt quite do what i wanted it to which is drop the game to 1TC when friendly ships/planes appear . It works great though for other things like dropping down to 1TC when warnings appear etc so it is great but just not what i specifically wanted it for .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 02:15 AM   #4027
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201
Uploads: 0

TDW, thx for this new update. I have a little suggestion... Can be possible to set the deck gun usage as it was in GWX ?

When i m in bad weather ( wind 15m/s ) i can send my crew to deckgun, or use it directly. It ll be great if the deckgun was disable during storm...

Sry for my poor english, i hope you ll understand
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 06:32 AM   #4028
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard View Post
TDW, thx for this new update. I have a little suggestion... Can be possible to set the deck gun usage as it was in GWX ?

When i m in bad weather ( wind 15m/s ) i can send my crew to deckgun, or use it directly. It ll be great if the deckgun was disable during storm...
should be an easy change in the sub's .cfg file. At what wind speed and sea state is the GWX version set to in the sub's .cfg file?
Old 08-27-10, 06:35 AM   #4029
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Is there anyway to drop the game to 1TC when any message box messages appears ? TCxOnMessageBoxText doesnt quite do what i wanted it to which is drop the game to 1TC when friendly ships/planes appear . It works great though for other things like dropping down to 1TC when warnings appear etc so it is great but just not what i specifically wanted it for .
I could easily add something that will drop you to TC1 on any messagebox entry. Wouldn't that get annoying though?
It sounds like there is a problem with the TCxOnMessageBoxText feature if it's not doing what you want it to do. Can you tell me what messages (the actual number from the menu.txt file would be great if possible) you're trying to get the feature to set TC1 on? I'd like to investigate why it isn't triggering on those messages.
Old 08-27-10, 06:43 AM   #4030
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Thanks for 4_0_4 , very nice . Regarding automation , would it be possible for me to travel at 128TC in navmap view then start automation (say the surface search) . It does the search at 1TC in 3D view and then goes back to navmap at 128TC once finished . And could i have this repeated at what ever time interval i choose ?
have you checked the script to see if it's setting the TC to 1 during the search? I can tell you that the scope won't rotate fast enough at TC128 if you have a short sweep time (< 240.0) set.
Now the repeat at certain time interval can certainly be done. Right before the Loop command insert a Wait command with the desired value to wait to get the time interval you want.
Old 08-27-10, 06:52 AM   #4031
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by charognard View Post

Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 07:11 AM   #4032
charognard
Navy Dude

Downloads: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
should be an easy change in the sub's .cfg file. At what wind speed and sea state is the GWX version set to in the sub's .cfg file?
don t remember it exactly, but i think a 10m/s wind must disable the deckgun.
charognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 05:52 PM   #4033
Marcus Redshift
Nub

Downloads: 11
Default ?

Where do i get the full version. New to the game and i dont know how to install a z7 file when i have no previous version of this mod. ty
Marcus Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-10, 05:58 PM   #4034
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Redshift View Post
Where do i get the full version. New to the game and i dont know how to install a z7 file when i have no previous version of this mod. ty
the mod is packaged in a compressed file format, 7zip. You can download the free app called ZipGenius to decompress it. Do a google search for ZipGenius.
Old 08-27-10, 06:11 PM   #4035
Marcus Redshift
Nub

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
the mod is packaged in a compressed file format, 7zip. You can download the free app called ZipGenius to decompress it. Do a google search for ZipGenius.

ahh ty newbie mistake :0)
Marcus Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui