Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-20, 02:04 PM   #3931
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

But it's.. just the flu

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 02:08 PM   #3932
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
But it's.. just the flu
I've a neighbour who said this for the first month and I've never let him forget it.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 02:24 PM   #3933
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Social distancing and the human pattern of behavior.

Toke the bus to one of my neighbour town. As we arrived to the busstop I noticed people was standing 1½- 2 meter apart.

This was only until the bus had opened its backdoor.

Then suddenly there was 5-6 people standing very close and everyone tried to get on the bus at same time, while we who had to get off, had to wait.

So you can't beat human behaviors.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 03:23 PM   #3934
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Social distancing and the human pattern of behavior.

Toke the bus to one of my neighbour town. As we arrived to the busstop I noticed people was standing 1½- 2 meter apart.

This was only until the bus had opened its backdoor.

Then suddenly there was 5-6 people standing very close and everyone tried to get on the bus at same time, while we who had to get off, had to wait.

So you can't beat human behaviors.

Markus
Can'T avoid busses? No altenmrtaive? Bicycle? Ebike? Car? Public traffic is a petri dish with breeding culture, unavoidably.
Old 06-13-20, 03:53 PM   #3935
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Can'T avoid busses? No altenmrtaive? Bicycle? Ebike? Car? Public traffic is a petri dish with breeding culture, unavoidably.
When I have to use the public transportation I sit where there are at least 2 meters to the next passanger. And I wait until most of them have left the bus.

I also travel, when there's almost none in the bus.
Morning and afternoon is a bad time, children are on their way to school and grown-ups are on their way home from work.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 06:25 PM   #3936
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Put a 500 % import tax on all chinese goods . Get it over and done with .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 06:41 PM   #3937
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Thousands of people have gathered in cities across Australia, rallying in support of refugee rights and Black Lives Matter.
The demonstrations have been held despite bans on mass gatherings to contain the spread of coronavirus.
At least 1 protestor has been confirmed as infected and contagious.
I guess black lives didn’t really matter to him after all.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:33 PM   #3938
Skybird
Soaring

They will reap what they sow. But unfair against those who did not attend these demonstrations but will get hit by people who went there and caught the virus. But those who went there have to expect nothing in sympathy from me if they catch it.
Old 06-14-20, 05:00 AM   #3939
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

India records 11,929 coronavirus cases in 24 hours – its highest single-day figure to date.

Chile, Argentina, Peru and Colombia all report a record number of Covid-19 infections, amid mounting concerns about its spread in Latin America.

In the UK, leading psychologists have called the delay in getting children back to school a “national disaster” that endangers their mental health.

UK PM Boris Johnson has launched a review of the 2m distancing rule, after warnings it could cripple the hospitality industry.

The Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria plan to ease restrictions at libraries, community centres and nightclubs despite increases in new infections.

There have now been more than 7.7 million cases worldwide and more than 430,000 deaths, according to figures from Johns Hopkins University.

Old 06-14-20, 05:55 AM   #3940
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:

In the UK, leading psychologists have called the delay in getting children back to school a “national disaster” that endangers their mental health.
Over here as well, but this psychologist at my end of th wire does not buy it. Over here at least it often is comign from an opinion camp that wants all measurements and restrictions lifted better yesterday than today, and that denies the virus danger in general. And just btw, a recent huge study claimed that school closings probably were the most important singular measurement taken in preventing further infections.

Children living in the Donebass region and listening to artillery every night, or children shuttling around the globe on the migrants' treks - that are desasters that endager children's mental health. Lacking vaccines. No school educaiton for girls in Muslim countries. And so forth.

Due to an illness of my mother, when I switched from elementary school to high school/gymnasium, and us also beign in a move from Lübeck (Schleswig-Holstein) to Berlin, I was trapped for a few months in an absurd situation. Back then the federal states had elementary school lasting for 4 years, but in Berlin it lasts 6 years. So in Lübeck i left elementary after my 4th class and went to gymnasium for one year, then we moved to Berlin, where I was to move from 5th to 6th class and therefore had to go back to elementary school. Then my mother became ill and she and I moved to Münster to her parents for a little bit less than one year, where it was gymnasium suddenly for me again, and when then me moved back (all within my 6th class year) to Berlin for the beginning of my 7th class, in Berlin i was then moved to gymnasium. But before that 7th class, in the move to Berlin, my parents delayed my school attendance, so that I would not need to have to switch back to elemntary school for some months once again, (third time it would have been), and so it happened that all of a sudden I had a holiday season of almost 4 months, including regular 6 weeks of summer holiday in Berlin.

The break did not damage my mental sanity. That I had no friends left from all that moving and school switching, also did not hurt my mental health. Instead, I enjoyed it tremendously. It was heaven, I did a lot of chess and read a lot of astronomy and youth physics books. At an age when the time still was wide and the world still held wonders.
Old 06-14-20, 05:59 AM   #3941
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
I've a neighbour who said this for the first month and I've never let him forget it.
I know a lady who said this back in March and now she's gone.

Cases in Texas are starting to pick up fast. Still way below the available hospital bed supply, though. Some of my relatives think it's all a big hoax and are kinda proud about not social distancing.
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 07:25 AM   #3942
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I know a lady who said this back in March and now she's gone.

Cases in Texas are starting to pick up fast. Still way below the available hospital bed supply, though. Some of my relatives think it's all a big hoax and are kinda proud about not social distancing.
You stay safe Neal and let the foolish ones take their own chances.

Old 06-14-20, 09:01 AM   #3943
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Some of my relatives think it's all a big hoax and are kinda proud about not social distancing.
Same here, but mine even think that it is a government hoax to control us ...

If I do get Covid-19 it's because I stayed home and only went out to the post office or the store once in a while.

Took six weeks to get mask from China and two weeks to get hand sanitizer from walmart.

Fear means respect to me and I won't even go to church for fear they will share the virus like I've heard other church groups have and even birthday parties

How brave of all those protestors to rant and rave ... if they don't get sick then something is wrong with the whole process of social distancing.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 10:01 AM   #3944
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-14-20, 01:20 PM   #3945
Skybird
Soaring

Uaaahhh - the virus in Bejing they say is of a new strain.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan