SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-13, 06:16 PM   #3796
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

010 Editor is on sale till the end of this month.
It has scripting that will blow your mind!

Remember that the GR2 format was figured out mostly with 010!
I'm useing 010 to reverse engineer the SH4 animations and it's the ticket!
Old 09-14-13, 06:42 PM   #3797
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
010 Editor is on sale till the end of this month.
It has scripting that will blow your mind!

Remember that the GR2 format was figured out mostly with 010!
I'm useing 010 to reverse engineer the SH4 animations and it's the ticket!
I am afraid that code hacking is far beyond my skills; my knowledge of informatics is limited to basic hex editing and to the programming of simple scripts
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-13, 07:05 PM   #3798
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

One thing I LOVE about 010?

Say I have a bunch of data and want to add in front of everything on a per line basis.
I can change to column mode and add what I want.

That is killer as I extract the data for animations but need a column in front of that data.

Also, the shareing of scripts and templates ability is worth the 40 or 50 bucks.
Old 09-17-13, 10:00 AM   #3799
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225
Uploads: 0

@gap, anything you need me to convert so far?
I'll be away for a week starting this friday, so just checking beforehead.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-13, 12:23 PM   #3800
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
@gap, anything you need me to convert so far?
I'll be away for a week starting this friday, so just checking beforehead.
Hi Targor,

sorry for keeping silent in the last few days, but I have been busy with this one:

Meshes and textures made from scratch. It still needs normal texture, reflect mask, and some small adjustements in the UV texture. Moreover, I will need to reduce its polycount if we want to use this model in game (on a side note, I wonder if LOD models, like the one used for air and ship units, woul also work on units' equipment). If as hope this first bomb will look good in game, it will be the first in a series of American, British and German brand new ordnance models

But before releasing it, I need to finish my work on the balloon and on the lighthouse.

For now you can start exporting the balloon cable, from the obj file I have already sent to you. Later today or tomorrow I will send you the lighthouse for similar exporting.

Thank you for your help, I don't know what I could do without it
Old 09-17-13, 01:30 PM   #3801
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Targor,

sorry for keeping silent in the last few days, but I have been busy with this one:

Meshes and textures made from scratch. It still needs normal texture, reflect mask, and some small adjustements in the UV texture. Moreover, I will need to reduce its polycount if we want to use this model in game (on a side note, I wonder if LOD models, like the one used for air and ship units, woul also work on units' equipment). If as hope this first bomb will look good in game, it will be the first in a series of American, British and German brand new ordnance models

But before releasing it, I need to finish my work on the balloon and on the lighthouse.

For now you can start exporting the balloon cable, from the obj file I have already sent to you. Later today or tomorrow I will send you the lighthouse for similar exporting.

Thank you for your help, I don't know what I could do without it
Sounds good. Will prep and send you the balloon models today.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-13, 02:32 PM   #3802
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Very Nice work gap!
Old 09-17-13, 03:08 PM   #3803
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Very Nice work gap!
Thank you mate.

3d modelling has monopolized my attenction lately, as much as I am monopolizing this thread (Sorry Trev ).
I am still learning but I am already aware that, as far as videogames are concerned, it is all a matter of compromise between detail level and poly count. In the case of the below model I got a bit carried away, sure enough.

Luckily, the program that you pointed me to (Softimage Mod Tool) got a powerful polygon reduction function. It is surprising how much of the general shape and, to some degree, of the original detail it can retain, while reducing by half (or more) the number of vertices
Old 09-17-13, 03:19 PM   #3804
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I learned alot from others here at SubSim concerning 3D Modeling way back when I first joined.

I have another free program that is for poly reducetion that is great also.
Balancer.
http://www.atangeo.com

The free version works great.
Old 09-17-13, 03:45 PM   #3805
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:

wow nice on Gap can u borrow me pls this toy to put it under my wife's mother pillow "jk"
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-13, 04:18 PM   #3806
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I learned alot from others here at SubSim concerning 3D Modeling way back when I first joined.
yep, I am learning too a lot from other subsim members and from old post on this forum, and I l aready know by heart your units for GWX

Quote:
I have another free program that is for poly reducetion that is great also.
Balancer.
http://www.atangeo.com

The free version works great.
Thanks, I will give it a try

I have also read some good reviews about meshlab, but it might be a more complex program to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
wow nice on Gap can u borrow me pls this toy to put it under my wife's mother pillow "jk"
This is just a 100lb (about 50 kg) general purpose US bomb. You might want at least an SP (special purpose ) 500 lb bomb for that particular job
Old 09-17-13, 05:24 PM   #3807
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

Quote:
I need to finish my work on the balloon and on the lighthouse.
I lost count of all the projects you have been working on for the community.
Projects
And now Reworked Submarine Damage!!!

How is the B-25 bomber?
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-13, 06:03 PM   #3808
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I lost count of all the projects you have been working on for the community.
Projects

too many ideas, too little time devoted to each of them. Sometimes I think I would need for a full time working team [/QUOTE]

Quote:
And now Reworked Submarine Damage!!!
Well, this is a different case: I am only helping with my suggestions. All the ideas, their implementation and their testing is by vdr1981.

Quote:
How is the B-25 bomber?
The aircraft itself is fully working. I dind't test if it takes damage from enemy fire yet, but it should. It got different bomb loadouts and it uses them (on a side note, the idea of modelling new bombs came from the need to give it more historically accurate loadouts). I have also painted some new skins for it, besides the ones provided with the model by JU_88. Data collection on different makes of the plane, their operators, usage during WWII (airbases and dates), etc, has started and it is in an advanced stage.

The one problem I have with it, is its poor usage of its guns (atm only two gun turrets got a controller), which would render it an easy target for our AA gunners. In fact it only fires very few shots during its first attack run. Then, due to the way TDW coded IRAI, it keeps strafing on enemies trying without success to unload its shell reserves. I am sure I am missing a little detail, but what?

With JU_88's permission, I would like it to be released with the next version of OH's. In the meanwhile, if someone wants to test it, I can post here a link to the last version of it
Old 09-18-13, 04:05 AM   #3809
V13dweller
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 2

I have been playing Open Horizons II on my current SH5 installation, I received a message from the BDU saying a supply ship is in the port of Vigo until 1941 from 1940, so I sailed there with about 50% fuel left, but when I got there, sadly no Dock icon appeared, so I sailed in, then out again but not icon appeared, I reloaded a save I made there, but again no dock icon.

Is this just an aesthetic effect or is it a working feature?

PS the supply ship was present at the dock.

Last edited by V13dweller; 09-18-13 at 04:54 AM.
V13dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-13, 05:06 AM   #3810
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by V13dweller View Post
I have been playing Open Horizons II on my current SH5 installation, I received a message from the BDU saying a supply ship is in the port of Vigo until 1941 from 1940, so I sailed there with about 50% fuel left, but when I got there, sadly no Dock icon appeared, so I sailed in, then out again but not icon appeared, I reloaded a save I made there, but again no dock icon.

Is this just an aesthetic effect or is it a working feature?

PS the supply ship was present at the dock.
You are not the only one having this issue. I couldn't find where, but someone else has reported a similar problem not long ago. Unfortunately I don't remember if/how he solved it.

The one reason for your inconvenience that comes to my mind right now, is that you might have already refitted during the same patrol. IIRC vanilla game limits refittings to one per patrol. The good news is that TDW has deviced a patch for removing this limit. It is available for download together with its patcher. Let us know if it works.

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii