Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-22, 07:26 AM   #3691
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Ukraine accepted the inevitable and the technical circumstances and has invited "the complete state leadership of Germany" to Kyiv, including Steinmeier.

There can be no doubt that this is theatre only. Ukraine needs Germany's cooperation, and Scholz practically blackmails them: either you accept Steinmeier, or I hold back the weapons. As i said, since the chancellors office took over the handling of the heavy weapons, everything gets suddenly delayed again. They also since weeks delay the agreed chain-exchange with Poland: German material for Poland, Polish tanks for Ukraine.
Old 05-05-22, 09:03 AM   #3692
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 05-05-22, 09:25 AM   #3693
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russian troops are thwarting attempts to evacuate civilians from the Mariupol steelworks, an Azov Battalion commander says.

Moscow had pledged to implement a three-day ceasefire - starting this morning - to allow civilians to escape the complex.

The Kremlin denies it is storming the Azovstal plant and says humanitarian corridors are functioning.

Meanwhile, international donors have pledged $6.5bn to support Ukraine during a conference in Poland.

In a video address to delegates, President Zelensky called on world leaders to invest in rebuilding a post-war Ukraine.

Ukraine says it's unlikely to launch a counter-offensive against Russia until it receives more weapons from its allies.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-05-22, 09:33 AM   #3694
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-22, 09:39 AM   #3695
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-22, 11:24 AM   #3696
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Ukraine says it's unlikely to launch a counter-offensive against Russia until it receives more weapons from its allies.
And thats the point. With so much fear to not provoke Russia when Ukraine attacks what the Russians soon will call Russian territory, I wonder whether they will get them. I predict the Europeans especially will keep the ukrianin expectations at an arms length's distance and make sure they do not gian the strength to attack "Russia".

US and UK maybe different on this, lets see how long the US stays with its declared policy of maximising damage on Russia as much as pissible to weaken it until it cannot start such a war in the forseeable future again. The longer the better. Two eyes for one eye, two teeth for one tooth.

I tick Klingon on this. No foul compromise. If they push, push back harder. If they kick, kick back meanier. If they threaten, show them what "threat" really means. Fascist Russia must understand that if it starts to nuke Ukraine, Russia will get nukie kisses as well.
Old 05-05-22, 12:10 PM   #3697
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Vladimir Putin says Ukraine should order its fighters remaining in Mariupol's besieged Azovstal steel plant to surrender.

Moscow had pledged to implement a three-day ceasefire - starting this morning - to allow civilians to escape the complex.

But an Azov Battalion commander says Russian troops are thwarting attempts to evacuate civilians from the steelworks.

Capturing the entire of Mariupol would be symbolic for Moscow ahead of its annual 9 May Victory Day celebration.

Putin has apologised for Hitler comments.

Israeli Prime Minister Bennett says he has accepted Putin's apology for the remarks and thanked him for clarifying his position.

A Russian politician who is taking part in talks with Ukraine says negotiations between the two sides are difficult.

In comments cited by Russian news agency TASS, Leonid Slutsky accused Ukrainian representatives of "rolling back" existing agreements.

Old 05-05-22, 12:13 PM   #3698
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And thats the point. With so much fear to not provoke Russia when Ukraine attacks what the Russians soon will call Russian territory, I wonder whether they will get them. I predict the Europeans especially will keep the ukrianin expectations at an arms length's distance and make sure they do not gian the strength to attack "Russia".

US and UK maybe different on this, lets see how long the US stays with its declared policy of maximising damage on Russia as much as pissible to weaken it until it cannot start such a war in the forseeable future again. The longer the better. Two eyes for one eye, two teeth for one tooth.

I tick Klingon on this. No foul compromise. If they push, push back harder. If they kick, kick back meanier. If they threaten, show them what "threat" really means. Fascist Russia must understand that if it starts to nuke Ukraine, Russia will get nukie kisses as well.
Ukraine will not launch a counteroffensive against Russia until mid-June at the earliest. This is what Oleksi Arestovych, political advisor to Ukrainian President Zelensky, tells Reuters news agency. Until then, the country is still gathering enough weapons to carry out the offensive, he expects.

In the same interview, the advisor says that Russia is likely to achieve "no more significant results" that it can present as victory on May 9, the day on which victory over Nazi Germany is celebrated in Russia every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-05-22, 12:26 PM   #3699
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As we speak(write) weapons and supply is being send to Ukraine so they can fight the Russian invasion army...

Will this stream of weapon continue even after Russia has manage to take full control over these two region Donbas and Luhansk ?

As Some of you mentioned earlier when Russia has fulfilled they objective they will rest and rebuild what they lost in the war..

This made me wonder...when this happens what about our eager to send weapon and supply to Ukraine..will this stop or continue ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-05-22, 12:29 PM   #3700
Dargo
Admiral

The war in Ukraine has had its fair share of embarrassments for the Kremlin. From the sinking of the Slava class cruiser Moskva in April to the infamous 40-mile-long Russian military convoy holdup near Kyiv seen earlier in the conflict, Moscow has had little to cheer about in terms of projecting competent military strength. The latest hit comes via visual evidence that a Russian T-90M Proryv-3 (Breakthrough-3) — a modern and rare main battle tank — has been destroyed on the battlefield by Ukrainian forces... https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ank-in-ukraine

Quote:
Old 05-05-22, 12:33 PM   #3701
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-22, 12:35 PM   #3702
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
The war in Ukraine has had its fair share of embarrassments for the Kremlin. From the sinking of the Slava class cruiser Moskva in April to the infamous 40-mile-long Russian military convoy holdup near Kyiv seen earlier in the conflict, Moscow has had little to cheer about in terms of projecting competent military strength. The latest hit comes via visual evidence that a Russian T-90M Proryv-3 (Breakthrough-3) — a modern and rare main battle tank — has been destroyed on the battlefield by Ukrainian forces... https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ank-in-ukraine
Material which was used in earlier war, become obsolete in the next war.

After WWII Battleship became obsolete-Even though some of them were used many decades after.

I have the feeling that tanks and AFV will somehow be obsolete..Here I'm thinking manpowered tanks and AFV.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-05-22, 12:41 PM   #3703
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
As we speak(write) weapons and supply is being send to Ukraine so they can fight the Russian invasion army...

Will this stream of weapon continue even after Russia has manage to take full control over these two region Donbas and Luhansk ?

As Some of you mentioned earlier when Russia has fulfilled they objective they will rest and rebuild what they lost in the war..

This made me wonder...when this happens what about our eager to send weapon and supply to Ukraine..will this stop or continue ?

Markus
Rebuilding will take years with the sanctions, they do not have means to produce and there is still the unwillingness of Russians to go to fight in Ukraine what you see now in the field are contract soldiers from the poorest areas of Russia and mercenaries. These also have low moral and destroy equipment to prevent them to be sent in the fights. Russia has not fulfilled their objectives right now it is withdrawing or stall with heavy losses there are BTG's send back to be rebuilt problem is with what they have not even rebuilt BTG's from the Kyiv front the supply to Ukraine is working.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 05-05-22 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-05-22, 01:04 PM   #3704
Skybird
Soaring

I just saw the program "Kulturzeit" from 19:00 this evening on 3SAT. They had a part on Ukraine that imo illustrates why Germany has an outstanding responsibility to not accept at all any manouvering that leads to accepting parts of Ukraine being given to Russia in a "land for (temporary) peace" deal. The fact that there are German "intellectuals" who demand exactly this is absolutely intolerable and an affront to German history.

The transcipt is the beginning and ending of the program'S narration, they used it to advertise the program. It can be found (in German) in the mediathek of 3SAT. Bold print by me.

------------------
In the ruins of Ukrainian cities still live people for whom this is not the first war. They have experienced everything before: terror, occupation, mass murder. On July 22, 1941, the German Wehrmacht invades the Soviet Union. From day one, this is a war unlike any that has ever been fought before. This is not about conquest, but about enslavement and extermination. In 1941, what is now western Ukraine is divided between German-occupied Poland and the Soviet Union. Both considered Ukraine as a granary, a supplier of other, more powerful states. Neither the Soviets nor the Germans saw Ukraine as an independent country, let alone as a culture of its own. But rather as a colony that produces food. On June 30, 1941, the Wehrmacht marched into Lviv. Many Ukrainians initially received the Germans as liberators from the Soviets. In the slipstream of the Wehrmacht, two SS battalions named "Roland" and "Nachtigall" also enter Lviv. They consist of members of the Ukrainian Liberation Army under Stepan Bandera.

On the same day, Bandera's men proclaim an independent Ukraine. Collaboration and (....) ammunition in political debate to this day. Even as Bandera's men celebrate independence, Lviv's Jews are mercilessly persecuted. For the Jews, Bandera believes, are communist sympathizers, standing in the way of a separate Ukrainian nation. More than 100 people die in a brutal way. The Germans let the mass murder happen. It fits into their concept of a racially pure Europe. A separate Ukrainian nation, on the other hand, has no place in their thinking. By the end of the German occupation in October 1944, at least five million Ukrainian civilians had died. The Nazis bluntly call the targeted starvation the "Hunger Plan." Another three million die fighting the Germans. One in five of the 40 million World War II dead in Europe are Ukrainians. A blind spot in historical memory. Ukraine as a cultureless space, as a mass of disposal - this colonial thinking exists to this day, under different political auspices.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

https://www.3sat.de/kultur/kulturzei...-2022-102.html
Old 05-05-22, 01:13 PM   #3705
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

A T-90 is just lipstick on a T-72

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Closed Thread