Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-22, 05:52 AM   #3616
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A convoy carrying about 100 women and children who were evacuated from the Mariupol steelworks at the weekend is expected to arrive in Ukrainian territory.

However, officials say 200 people remain trapped inside the industrial plant, which is coming under renewed Russian attack.

Ukrainian soldiers there say Russian troops are using planes, tanks and warship missiles to pound the site.

The UN and Red Cross hope to oversee more civilian evacuations from the southern port city.

Meanwhile, UK PM Boris Johnson will describe Ukraine's resistance to the Russian invasion as the country's "finest hour", in a virtual address to its parliament later.

He will also give details of £300m in extra military support from the UK for Ukraine, including electronic warfare equipment.

A senior US official warns Russia may be preparing to hold votes on independence in occupied territory in eastern Ukraine.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-03-22, 05:55 AM   #3617
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukraine's outspoken ambassador in Berlin has sharply criticised Germany's Chancellor Olaf Scholz for not yet visiting Kyiv in a show of support, unlike a number of other European leaders.

Scholz indicated on Monday night that he wouldn't visit the Ukrainian capital until German President Frank-Walter Steinmeiner had gone there.

Ukraine rejected the offer of a visit from Steinmeier last month, in what was widely seen at the time as a snub.

"Acting like a sulky liver sausage doesn't sound very statesmanlike," Ukrainian ambassador Andriy Melnyk told the German press agency. "This is about the most brutal war of extermination since the Nazi attack on Ukraine - it's no kindergarten."

Melnyk has ruffled feathers in Germany, repeatedly criticising the chancellor's centre-left Social Democrats for years of close ties to Russia.

Scholz denied responding hesitantly to Russia's invasion: "I've always made quick decisions, in tandem with everyone else... but my line is that we act in a level-headed and prudent manner."

Old 05-03-22, 05:58 AM   #3618
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-03-22, 06:15 AM   #3619
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Find the difference.

Old 05-03-22, 06:17 AM   #3620
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

No medals on view in the lower picture

Old 05-03-22, 06:22 AM   #3621
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

The distances between his comrades?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 05-03-22, 06:39 AM   #3622
Skybird
Soaring

Old 05-03-22, 08:24 AM   #3623
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

No Mini Me?

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 05-03-22, 09:21 AM   #3624
Skybird
Soaring

Its the Mini-Me shown in the photo. The Daddy-Me did not fit in the picture. The photographer was inside of Daddy-Me, so to speak, he embraces all the Kremlin and most of Moscow.
Old 05-03-22, 09:33 AM   #3625
Skybird
Soaring

And the next U-turn from Germany, now it claims it will send 7 PZH-2000. But earlier promises to support trading German material to Easteuropean states who will dleiver Russian wepaons to Ukraine, gets endlessly delayed and considered, and considered and delayed. Poland complains that the Germans do not even react anymore to urgent questions and requests from Poland what has happened to their agreement weeks ago.
Old 05-03-22, 09:42 AM   #3626
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And the next U-turn from Germany, now it claims it will send 7 PZH-2000. But earlier promises to support trading German material to Easteuropean states who will dleiver Russian wepaons to Ukraine, gets endlessly delayed and considered, and considered and delayed. Poland complains that the Germans do not even react anymore to urgent questions and requests from Poland what has happened to their agreement weeks ago.
This reminded me of what you posted some weeks ago

(From memory)

Could be so that Germany has been threaten by Russia ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 05-03-22, 10:12 AM   #3627
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Is Russia planning on doing the same with Sweden than they did with Ukraine ?

Quote:
Russia has launched a poster campaign in Moscow featuring ostensibly pro-Nazi quotes from the Swedish writer Astrid Lindgren, the film-maker Ingmar Bergman, and the Ikea founder Ingvar Kamprad. "We are against Nazism, but they are not," the poster reads.
https://www.thelocal.se/20220503/fac...anda-campaign/

To start a war you need the population behind you and what wouldn't be better than convinced your citizens that the Swedes love Nazism..

I hope I'm wrong in this case I truly do

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 05-03-22, 10:18 AM   #3628
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Ukraine's outspoken ambassador in Berlin has sharply criticised Germany's Chancellor Olaf Scholz for not yet visiting Kyiv in a show of support, unlike a number of other European leaders.

Scholz indicated on Monday night that he wouldn't visit the Ukrainian capital until German President Frank-Walter Steinmeiner had gone there.

Ukraine rejected the offer of a visit from Steinmeier last month, in what was widely seen at the time as a snub.

"Acting like a sulky liver sausage doesn't sound very statesmanlike," Ukrainian ambassador Andriy Melnyk told the German press agency. "This is about the most brutal war of extermination since the Nazi attack on Ukraine - it's no kindergarten."

Melnyk has ruffled feathers in Germany, repeatedly criticising the chancellor's centre-left Social Democrats for years of close ties to Russia.

Scholz denied responding hesitantly to Russia's invasion: "I've always made quick decisions, in tandem with everyone else... but my line is that we act in a level-headed and prudent manner."
The Ukrainains have neither forgotten nor forgiven that Steinmeier for a decade was the mastermind , beside Merkel, who designed the gas-dependency-policy after Schroeder despite desperate warnings from Ukraine over Nordstream 1 and 2. The first Nordsstream pipeline was opened short after the Russian annexation of the Crimean! The Russian Goebbels - Lavrov -, and Steinmayer, were close to each other and posed on many photos as if being very intimate friends. Steinmayer since then has been made the carricature of the federal president, means he makes no decisions on daily policy, and is powerless and without influence, his regret over his past role regardign Russia sounded hollow and not really convincing to me, and he cannot not decide to give the Ukraine weapons. So why would the ukrainians waste their time with this poser who has done his share to bring Russia to where it now is and what it now does? There is an explanation for the Ukrainian antipathy towards Steinmayer, and it is perfectly understandable.

And Scholz, do not get me started again. Der Typ ist einfach nur ekelhaft. Completely off track. Blasé. When asked critical questions, he becomes even more arrogant and starts lecturing in an offended and condescending manner. Detached from all unwelcome perception of reality. Self-important. Original quote Scholz: "Whoever orders leadership from me should know that then it will be leadership they will get from me." And: "I have always decided promptly and quickly." How can you misjudge yourself so completely?

I predicted that he would continue like he weaseled around since his time as mayor from Hamburg, then later in the Cum-Ex scandal over here. He fully fulfilled my prediction, from A to Z, he left not a single box unticked. Its all exactly like I expected from him. That such a sad figure could make it to head of a government in Germany definitely speaks agaisnt our political system. Even more so when considering that those before him where not better, Merkel, Schroeder...

And Germna politicians consider themselves as available for giving the ukraine "security guarantees". Well, Ukraine had these from Russia, the US and the UK for giving up its nukes, and what was it worth? Nothing. But German security guarantees, especially German ones, will make the oh so big difference...? Who do the Germans think they are? Clones of Superman? German security guarantees are worth nothing, because Germany has no military muscles worth to mention, not to mention: willingness to use them.

The Ukraine is well-advised, once this war is over and the Ukraine still exists, to arm itself up to the very last teeth. They should also try to get tactical nukes, as deterrance. There certainly must be a black market for according material, because I think they cannot afford to build them and expecting Russia will just sit and watch them completing it. They must get them secretly and then surprise the world with their existence.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-03-22 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-03-22, 10:22 AM   #3629
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Is Russia planning on doing the same with Sweden than they did with Ukraine ?

https://www.thelocal.se/20220503/fac...anda-campaign/

To start a war you need the population behind you and what wouldn't be better than convinced your citizens that the Swedes love Nazism..

I hope I'm wrong in this case I truly do

Markus
If they want to start general mobilization, this will kick troop moral further down the stairway, and they also claimed the "special operation", as they mock it, goes well. So they must explain why a general mobilization is needed. And so the special operation in Nazi Ukraine is being widened to a defensive (!) war against Nazi NATO that has started to attack innocent peace-loving Russia. If its not Russian, its Nazi, thats the logic.
Old 05-03-22, 10:33 AM   #3630
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Putin has changed his narrative, about why he started the war, so often, it is difficult to keep track. I think he does not give a sh!t anymore about whether his own people or anyone else believes him, the recent russian narrative (for now) is a war of conquest, for Russia The gloves are off.

Russia seems to have a major offensive rolling, attacking from the south direction north and northwest. They also have shelled the Azovstal site, and are attacking it now with soldiers, or so some news channels say.

Just imagine Russia wins this war, conquering all of Ukraine.
What will happen after this.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread