Old 02-07-13, 05:17 PM   #346
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by frau kaleun View Post
Only Steve gets to do that. :P
I just reread that, and I realize that them's fightin' words. I have to put my foot down here and insist on fairness in advertising.

Quote:
oh and some underwear
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 02-07-13, 05:32 PM   #347
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Lol, why not. He calls me "missy" too, sometimes
Old 02-07-13, 05:34 PM   #348
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
oh and some underwear

Ordering Underwear from amazon?

Eeeeeeeewwwww.....

Hopefully you bought it "New"
Old 02-07-13, 06:16 PM   #349
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Ordering Underwear from amazon?

Eeeeeeeewwwww.....

Hopefully you bought it "New"
I don't even want to know if there IS a "used" option.

Oh, and I also get my toilet paper from Amazon. By subscription. Go ahead and laugh, everybody at work does when the box arrives every 3-4 months, but I never come home from the store and plop down for a major transaction and realize there's only two squares left on the last roll and I forgot to buy more.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 06:46 PM   #350
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
I don't even want to know if there IS a "used" option.

Oh, and I also get my toilet paper from Amazon. By subscription. Go ahead and laugh, everybody at work does when the box arrives every 3-4 months, but I never come home from the store and plop down for a major transaction and realize there's only two squares left on the last roll and I forgot to buy more.
The toilet paper thing isnt bad...but underwear...NOOOO!!!! I would never, under any circumstance, order underwear online.
Old 02-08-13, 10:43 AM   #351
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
The toilet paper thing isnt bad...but underwear...NOOOO!!!! I would never, under any circumstance, order underwear online.
Lol - what I get is brand new, sealed in the manufacturer's package - basically the exact same thing I would be getting if I went to a local retailer to buy it. Except I don't have to go to the store and search through racks and racks of different stuff to find the package with the right size, style, and color.

C'mon - it's sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, and shipped by Amazon. It's not like I'm buying it from Creepy Bob's Online Underwear Emporium.

TBH I'm far more creeped out at the idea of buying something like that from, say, Walmart, where what you buy might have been on public display in a freaking WALMART for weeks or months where anybody and everybody who walked by could pick it up, poke their fingers through the plastic, etc.
Old 02-08-13, 01:22 PM   #352
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

TBH I'm far more creeped out at the idea of buying something like that from, say, Walmart, where what you buy might have been on public display in a freaking WALMART for weeks or months where anybody and everybody who walked by could pick it up, poke their fingers through the plastic, etc.
I shudder at the thought

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-13, 05:14 PM   #353
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Lol - what I get is brand new, sealed in the manufacturer's package - basically the exact same thing I would be getting if I went to a local retailer to buy it. Except I don't have to go to the store and search through racks and racks of different stuff to find the package with the right size, style, and color.

C'mon - it's sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon, and shipped by Amazon. It's not like I'm buying it from Creepy Bob's Online Underwear Emporium.

At least I now know somebody who orders underwear online...I didn't think there was anyone out there who did such a thing.

Well...I didn't think it possible that there would be a girl on subsim...who likes Das Boot....and the internet...

But you showed me once again that anything is possible.

(Im gonna look up what underwear costs on Amazon just for the heck of it)
Old 02-08-13, 05:50 PM   #354
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

My Son just did a test of underwear for something he got from the 'Net.

Got 2 free pairs plus $7.00 for wearing them and answering questions.

I've no idea if they were used before he got them.
Old 02-08-13, 10:41 PM   #355
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
My Son just did a test of underwear for something he got from the 'Net.

Got 2 free pairs plus $7.00 for wearing them and answering questions.

I've no idea if they were used before he got them.
I just was on amazon reading User Reviews of Underwear.

Talk about hilarious.

You won't believe these people.... Go and see for yourself.
Old 02-09-13, 12:21 AM   #356
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I just was on amazon reading User Reviews of Underwear.

Talk about hilarious.

You won't believe these people.... Go and see for yourself.
Amazon is kinda known for having some hilarious reviews for certain products. But if you don't know where to look, you never find them.

Some of the more infamous ones:

Uranium Ore

"I purchased this product 4.47 Billion Years ago and when I opened it today, it was half empty."

"The quality of this Uranium is on par with the stuff I was bying from the Libyans over at the mall parking lot, but at half the price! I just hope the seller does not run out, because I have many projects on my list including a night vision sasquatch radar, an electromagnetic chupakabra cage, a high velocity, aerial, weighted Mothman net and super heated, instant grill cheese sandwhich maker."

Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz

"He always brought home milk on Friday.

"After a long hard week full of days he would burst through the door, his fatigue hidden behind a smile. There was an icy jug of Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz in his right hand. With his left hand he would grip my waist - I was always cooking dinner - and press the cold frostiness of the jug against my arm as he kissed my cheek. I would jump, mostly to gratify him after a time, and smile lovingly at him. He was a good man, a wonderful husband who always brought the milk on Friday, Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz.

"Then there was that Friday, the terrible Friday that would ruin every Friday for the rest of my life. The door opened, but there was no bouyant greeting - no cold jug against the back of my arm. There was no Tuscan Whole Milk in his right hand, nor his left. There came no kiss. I watched as he sat down in a kitchen chair to remove his shoes. He wore no fatigue, but also no smile. I didn't speak, but turned back to the beans I had been stirring. I stirred until most of their little shrivelled skins floated to the surface of the cloudy water. Something was wrong, but it was vague wrongness that no amount of hard thought could give shape to.

"Over dinner that night I casually inserted, 'What happened to the milk?'

"'Oh,' he smiled sheepishly, glancing aside, 'I guess I forgot today.'

"That was when I knew. He was tired of this life with me, tired of bringing home the Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. He was probably shoveling funds into a secret bank account, looking at apartments in town, casting furtive glances at cashiers and secretaries and waitresses. That's when I knew it was over. Some time later he moved in with a cashier from the Food Mart down the street. And me? Well, I've gone soy."

How To Avoid Huge Ships

"I bought How to Avoid Huge Ships as a companion to Captain Trimmer's other excellent titles: How to Avoid a Train, and How to Avoid the Empire State Building. These books are fast paced, well written and the hard won knowledge found in them is as inspirational as it is informational. After reading them I haven't been hit by anything bigger than a diesel bus. Thanks captain!"

And let us not forget...

The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee

"This item has wolves on it which makes it intrinsically sweet and worth 5 stars by itself, but once I tried it on, that's when the magic happened. After checking to ensure that the shirt would properly cover my girth, I walked from my trailer to Wal-mart with the shirt on and was immediately approached by women. The women knew from the wolves on my shirt that I, like a wolf, am a mysterious loner who knows how to 'howl at the moon' from time to time (if you catch my drift!). The women that approached me wanted to know if I would be their boyfriend and/or give them money for something they called mehth. I told them no, because they didn't have enough teeth, and frankly a man with a wolf-shirt shouldn't settle for the first thing that comes to him.

"I arrived at Wal-mart, mounted my courtesy-scooter (walking is such a drag!) sitting side saddle so that my wolves would show. While I was browsing tube socks, I could hear aroused asthmatic breathing behind me. I turned around to see a slightly sweaty dream in sweatpants and flip-flops standing there. She told me she liked the wolves on my shirt, I told her I wanted to howl at her moon. She offered me a swig from her mountain dew, and I drove my scooter, with her shuffling along side out the door and into the rest of our lives. Thank you wolf shirt.

"Pros: Fits my girthy frame, has wolves on it, attracts women
Cons: Only 3 wolves (could probably use a few more on the 'guns'), cannot see wolves when sitting with arms crossed, wolves would have been better if they glowed in the dark."
Old 02-09-13, 12:41 AM   #357
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Those are great! Haha. I love it. There was a men's underwear review that I thought was funny because this pair of briefs didn't have problems with "Dropping out" and "Climbing up"

Old 02-09-13, 01:01 AM   #358
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I am finding the funniest things on amazon right now....

Canned Unicorn Meat....Liquid Ass....a book called "Go the **** to Sleep" (I read that one at Barnes & Noble one time! )....the Blue Q Hand Sanitizer has some pretty funny reviews...There's an Emergency Underwear Dispenser...and a Public Bathroom Survival Kit...

Can't forget the Barack Obama Toilet Paper...

I think I want the USB Pet Rock!

And everybody loves Inflatable Beards!
Old 02-09-13, 12:15 PM   #359
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Something I noticed.

Quote:
"18 used & new from $145.67"
"Sell us your item for a $0.88 Gift Card"

I gotta get into that business!

I also have to admit that those are some truly classic reviews. I loved the take on 'The Raven', and the bathing one.
Old 02-09-13, 02:37 PM   #360
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

I think I want that How To Avoid Big Ships...Haha. That's hilarious.

So many things...so little actual uses for them...