SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-10-10, 09:51 PM   #3481
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeamanStaines View Post
hello again.
not sure when the little silver toggles were introduced to flood/open tube doors. Had a play with them in a single mission...all worked fine.

Finished mission, then chose 'continue campaign'. None of the silver toggles would work. Hovering over all of them said 'disabled' regardless of single/salvo, selecting tubes etc.

That was yesterday.

Today i did Continue campaign again (first sh5'ing for the day), and the toggles worked fine. I got run over by a destroyer however and got sunked. I selected continue capaign again without quitting game altogether.
The tube 1 silver flood tube toggle was disabled (despite there being a torp fully loaded in it), but other ones would work (some had torp in tube, others reloading).

Is there a trick to these toggles/switches, or they just dont work quite right unless you quit out of sh5 and start again fresh?

was using viic sub in all scenarios.

cheers
I have seen this issue as well. I think this is a SH5 bug because if I exit the game and restart it again everything is OK.
How long was SH5 running before you encountered this issue and how many ships did you sink. I think these are related to a memory leak type issue. Not sure if linked to DirectX Display Vedio Drivers or not.
Wish I had a good Perfmon Tool to track this down.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 09:55 PM   #3482
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
hello again.
not sure when the little silver toggles were introduced to flood/open tube doors. Had a play with them in a single mission...all worked fine.

Finished mission, then chose 'continue campaign'. None of the silver toggles would work. Hovering over all of them said 'disabled' regardless of single/salvo, selecting tubes etc.

That was yesterday.

Today i did Continue campaign again (first sh5'ing for the day), and the toggles worked fine. I got run over by a destroyer however and got sunked. I selected continue capaign again without quitting game altogether.
The tube 1 silver flood tube toggle was disabled (despite there being a torp fully loaded in it), but other ones would work (some had torp in tube, others reloading).

Is there a trick to these toggles/switches, or they just dont work quite right unless you quit out of sh5 and start again fresh?

was using viic sub in all scenarios.

cheers
Does it happen with steam or electric torps ? or both types ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 10:04 PM   #3483
SeamanStaines
Watch

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

hmmm, yesterday was only a few minutes in the single mission (was one i created with 3 ships only to practice targeting). sunk two of them. Then went into campaign.

This morning i was in capaign for maybe 15-30mins. found a convoy, sunk just 1 ship and trying to get a 2nd when the destroyer tried to use me as a speed hump.

do these modified scripts all get re-loaded/re-initialised at the start of each game, or only once when starting the application ?

----

only tried steam so far...had just got my new viic and all the torps were pre-populated with steam ones...couldnt figure out how to swap some out for electric. pretty sure in my single mission they are all steam too. will try to get some electric into the mix...

----

just loaded single mission again (all steam torps). i flicked tube 1,2,5 switches up and down. i flicked switch 4 up only. i exited to main menu. re-started same single mission from scratch, went to attack scope again and the switches were down, down, down, up, down (exactly as i left them from prev mission). didnt fire any torps 1st or 2nd time. all were enabled 1st n 2nd time around.

Last edited by SeamanStaines; 07-10-10 at 10:27 PM.
SeamanStaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-10, 10:55 PM   #3484
SeamanStaines
Watch

sequence of events to replicate the remembering of switch state & disabling of switchs.

scenario: loaded single mission (fresh after loading sh5 application). Its viic/magnetic detonation/slow torp speed/steam, all done from attack scope.

1) tube1 was selected by default (yellow/brown circle on).
i flicked silver switch1 up.
pressed fire.
game made silver switch1 go down after torp launch

2) i flicked silver switch2 up. i then pressed torp2 circle button. did not fire

3) flicked silver switch 3 up, then down. I then clicked the circle tube3 button. pretty sure the last voice sound file played was 'flooding tube2'. I pressed fire. the game put the silver switch3 up before firing, then put it back down after firing.

4) i pressed silver switch5 up, then down. I pressed the circle tube 5 button. Did not fire.

So before exiting this game, the switches (down/up) were:
DUDDD

Switches 1 & 3 (the ones fired) were disabled.

And one ship was sunk (cause it was at 0degrees)

Exited to main menu.
Loaded same mission fresh.

Initial state of silver switches is:
DUDDD

Number 1 and 3 are still disabled !

I can fire all of them.

However, regardless of me flicking the enabled switches up or down before firing...after they have been fired: ALL ARE DISABLED !!

that should keep you busy for a while DW

---

actually...seems to get disabled the instant FIRE is pressed, regardless of switch being up/down...even first mission after sh5 app started

Last edited by SeamanStaines; 07-10-10 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-11-10, 06:29 AM   #3485
BowfinSS287
Planesman

Downloads: 223

hello

i also found the torpedo doors sometimes don't work,i exited the
game and restarted...all was fine....then it happened again
but this time i looked at the bottom of my screen....i had no
crew icons....my GUI was up but crew icons were missing
i pressed shift-Z and they popped up and torpedo doors worked fine
shift-Z is what i use to display or hide HUD, so if your doors don't
work sometimes,dbl check you have the full HUD displayed

Bowfin
BowfinSS287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 08:00 AM   #3486
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Have had it happen to me again as well, seems to happen outa the blue nothing different that I do just open doors and fire but then they're disabled.

Can still use my torpedoes though.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 10:08 AM   #3487
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
Hi,

your MOD is a great work !

Is it normal when i click on the navigation map the TDS button it shows up the RAOBF ?
this bug has been fixed in v3.4.1

Quote:
sequence of events to replicate the remembering of switch state & disabling of switchs.

scenario: loaded single mission (fresh after loading sh5 application). Its viic/magnetic detonation/slow torp speed/steam, all done from attack scope.

1) tube1 was selected by default (yellow/brown circle on).
i flicked silver switch1 up.
pressed fire.
game made silver switch1 go down after torp launch

2) i flicked silver switch2 up. i then pressed torp2 circle button. did not fire

3) flicked silver switch 3 up, then down. I then clicked the circle tube3 button. pretty sure the last voice sound file played was 'flooding tube2'. I pressed fire. the game put the silver switch3 up before firing, then put it back down after firing.

4) i pressed silver switch5 up, then down. I pressed the circle tube 5 button. Did not fire.

So before exiting this game, the switches (down/up) were:
DUDDD

Switches 1 & 3 (the ones fired) were disabled.

And one ship was sunk (cause it was at 0degrees)

Exited to main menu.
Loaded same mission fresh.

Initial state of silver switches is:
DUDDD

Number 1 and 3 are still disabled !

I can fire all of them.

actually...seems to get disabled the instant FIRE is pressed, regardless of switch being up/down...even first mission after sh5 app started

1) yes, game will automatically close the torp door upon torp firing. The time delay for it is set in the options file.

2) pressing the torp circle button just selects/deselects the tube. It does not cause it to fire.

3) if torp door is not open when you're asking for that tube to be fired it first has to be opened (if the user option for realistic torp firing is enabled)

4) see #2 above

the bug of switches not being reset to 'closed' position and the bug of torp tubes disabled when exiting to menu and then starting another single mission or campaign mission has been fixed in v3.4.1.

and on that note....

v3.4.1 released. See post #1 for details
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-10, 05:48 PM   #3488
SeamanStaines
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
this bug has been fixed in v3.4.1

2) pressing the torp circle button just selects/deselects the tube. It does not cause it to fire.

i realise that. was just trying a combination of events i.e. pressing fire for somet tubes, not firing others, to narrow down what was causing the disablement, i.e. switch, tube selector or fire button.

look forward to trying 3.4.1 after work

can we keep the same DarkwraithverylongnameOptionsfile.py file from 3.4, or do we need to set it up from scratch?
Old 07-11-10, 06:02 PM   #3489
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
i realise that. was just trying a combination of events i.e. pressing fire for somet tubes, not firing others, to narrow down what was causing the disablement, i.e. switch, tube selector or fire button.

look forward to trying 3.4.1 after work

can we keep the same DarkwraithverylongnameOptionsfile.py file from 3.4, or do we need to set it up from scratch?
I had to change some code in the options file so unfortunately no.
Old 07-11-10, 07:01 PM   #3490
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

MORE INFO - Disable Outter Torpedo Door Switches

NewUIs_TDC_3_4_1
SH5Enhanced
Realistic Torpedo Firing

I found my switches to open Torpedo Tube Outter Doors disabled again.
#1 = Type-1
#2 = Type-IX
#3 = Type-III
#4 = Type-III
#5 = Type-IX

This Time I think I know why. I was in shallow water at 15 Meters and the Depth Below Keel warning Icon was present and flashing. After I moved into deeper water the switches were working again.
I did not restart the game or reload a saved instance of the game. I simply moved into deeper water and the torpedo door switches started working again.

NOTE: Water was just deep enough to dive to 15 Meters and still be a few Meters above the sea floor.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 01:15 AM   #3491
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Still getting intermittent issues with the torpedo doors...

And on a seperate note, after starting a new patrol, the message box started reseting to default size every time I dropped from high TC back down to 1x.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 06:51 AM   #3492
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jack Harkness View Post
Still getting intermittent issues with the torpedo doors...

And on a seperate note, after starting a new patrol, the message box started reseting to default size every time I dropped from high TC back down to 1x.
What are the intermittent issues? do these intermittent issues have some kind of pattern to them? Like happens when I'm at high TC or something?

There are user options that control the messagebox visibility and size based on TC level. It sounds like it's acting like it should based on those user option values set. Look under the section messagebox for the values.
Old 07-12-10, 03:59 PM   #3493
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
What are the intermittent issues? do these intermittent issues have some kind of pattern to them? Like happens when I'm at high TC or something?
Well I attacked a convoy last night and all the tube door switches were disabled. I fired two torpedoes and when they got reloaded all of the door switches worked, even though I only fired 2/4 torpedoes (alternating between 1x and 32x while reloading). As far as I can remember they worked fine after that.

Message box weirdness has since disappeared.
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-10, 11:24 PM   #3494
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

CTD just out of lorient in the happy times .Travelling at 256 TC .
I might have minimised the TAI map , i cannot remember .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 07-12-10 at 11:35 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-10, 02:54 PM   #3495
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quite a while ago, there had been discussions on weather the AOB dial on the TDC was linked to the sub's course. The consensus was the germans did have such technology so they'd be crazy not to use it. Here's why...

Say you have a target at bearing 040 with an AOB of 90. You set them into the TDC and you change course to starboard by 40 degrees. The target is now at your 000 and its AOB hasn't changed much.. it's still 90. But on the TDC the AOB shows 130. In other words, every time you need to change course, you also need to correct the AOB by the amount of degrees you have turned. I've dealt with this in my tutorial on manual targeting. But I've been wondering... TDW, can you make a scripted aob dial that's linked to both the Bearing and the Compass so that changes in either one would affect the AOB too?
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui