SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-10, 09:41 PM   #331
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

any chance of getting a video tutorial on how to use the scope tools (i.e. AOB wheel, etc.) in this version of the UI for SH5? Also, am I to understand that ui-boat 2.2 replaces the hidef realistic interface mod?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 10:09 PM   #332
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
any chance of getting a video tutorial on how to use the scope tools (i.e. AOB wheel, etc.) in this version of the UI for SH5? Also, am I to understand that ui-boat 2.2 replaces the hidef realistic interface mod?

trailer is the same
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3440
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-10, 10:18 PM   #333
supposedtobeworking
XO

thanks. another question is this compatible with SH5 1.1 or do you need the 1.2 patch for it to work?
Old 12-22-10, 11:22 PM   #334
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
thanks. another question is this compatible with SH5 1.1 or do you need the 1.2 patch for it to work?
in what sense?
this book probably for all versions
Old 12-24-10, 08:16 AM   #335
Ejjarufaf
Nub

Downloads: 96

Howdy,

Gotta love this mod, especially the crew list huzzah!

Sadly my lighting doesn't work aside from any hud items, such as the watch, for me. Wondering if there is a fix or something I just didn't do right?

I'm fully patched, and everything else is working. Tried using the light button with only Ui-Boat V2.2 installed and it did not work. Redownloaded it but to no avail.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!
Ejjarufaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-10, 03:06 AM   #336
supposedtobeworking
XO

I'm still having a problem with the recognition manual. I lock a target in the scope or uzo and when I pull up the rec manual, I can only scroll through American warships, but I marked what is clearly a British merchant of some sort. Am I missing a button to press or something? Also, is there anyway to make it so that the weapons officer identifies the target for me in manual TDC mode so I can avoid flipping through the thing myself?
Old 12-25-10, 08:37 AM   #337
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Quote:
I'm still having a problem with the recognition manual. I lock a target in the scope or uzo and when I pull up the rec manual, I can only scroll through American warships, but I marked what is clearly a British merchant of some sort. Am I missing a button to press or something? Also, is there anyway to make it so that the weapons officer identifies the target for me in manual TDC mode so I can avoid flipping through the thing myself?

there is not that such a target is required, but you can assign a keyboard shortcut here \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\commands.cfg

Quote:
[Cmd343]
Name=WP_Identify_target
Contexts=1
MnID=0x3F130002
StringID=1073
HasDelayedExecution=Yes
Key0=0x49,s,"SHIFT + I"
Key1=0x48,,"H"
Old 12-25-10, 02:42 PM   #338
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

Hey Reaper7,

I know you are busy with RL issues, same as I have been. But, I found some stuff that could use some touch ups in this mod.

In this picture, I have pointed out what I have found. Here they are:
1. The torpedo speed selector switch is being ripped apart, most likely a problem in the .ini files.

2. Auto scaling problem for the torpedo selector panel.

3. Sub control dials covering up TDC panel selector buttons.

These are not game killing errors, and they may very well be isolated to the resolution I am running the game at. I just thought I would bring them to your attention. I could probably fix them myself, but I am trying to make some headway in my own mods, so sadly, I don't have the time.

Otherwise, great job with the newest version of the UI.

Cheers comrade

Edit: Problem 1 went away and I have not been able to reproduce it. Maybe some minor error in the .ini or .py files for the periscopes. I will check that. Also, I realized that the bearing indicator is gone from the scopes(you can see that from the picture).

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!

Last edited by SteelViking; 12-26-10 at 11:47 AM.
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-10, 01:41 AM   #339
supposedtobeworking
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
there is not that such a target is required, but you can assign a keyboard shortcut here \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg\commands.cfg
Thanks I'll give that a try, but there is already a button in the interface to have the officer identify the target, and when I click it, nothing happens except an acknowledgement of the order in the text box. I still don't understand why the rec manual won't display any ships except American warships either-whether I issue the identify target order or lock the target myself. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong if anything-shouldn't be this counter-intuitive to identify a target-maybe there's a glitch in my mod installation?

Also one more question-is this mod okay to use for a 16:9 widescreen resolution? or do I need a patch?

Last edited by supposedtobeworking; 12-26-10 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 11:06 AM   #340
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi Guys justy got a message that shows a bug I was sure was fixed
Here is the message

Hello Reaper7,

i really love your UI-Boat V2.2 mod. Simple, very realistic.

I have a little problem with periscopes. During the attack a "Lagewinkel" suddently disappears:

It is a possible bug or it is just my problem.

Josef

Just wish to know if this is happening for everyone - Previous it has an issue with screen resolution.
In order for the bearing ring not to show thru (Its hardcoded to be always on top) the Torpedo firing Panel. I have to script it to snap off-screen.
But if playing at high resolutions the panel did not cover the bearing dial as it did in lower resolution and hence why it appeared to dissapear.

Now since re-doing the Interface to scale rather than be fixed resolution. The Torpedo panel should scale to cover the bearing dial.

Is this not the case?
  1. Can people report what resolution they are playing at.
  2. At that resolution does the Torpedo Panel cover the Bearing Dial.
Thanks guys. Hopefully with your feedback I can fix this.It may be an issue that I used the Incorrect scalling method for the Torpedo Panel.
Any news about a possible fix please?
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 10:12 PM   #341
Dermeister
Mate

Downloads: 134

you know i love this UI 2.2 mod i love it but i hate that there is no reconition manual for the keet dept of ships ect... and if there is i cant find it... how do you open the rec manual? i dont get the questions at the bottom when i lock o na target anymore so i cant click to get the manual.

Edit - Errg scratch that ijust foudn it >_> left side of the screen hidden -_- lol im a noob i know >_<
Dermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 08:10 AM   #342
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
you know i love this UI 2.2 mod i love it but i hate that there is no reconition manual for the keet dept of ships ect... and if there is i cant find it... how do you open the rec manual? i dont get the questions at the bottom when i lock o na target anymore so i cant click to get the manual.

Edit - Errg scratch that ijust foudn it >_> left side of the screen hidden -_- lol im a noob i know >_<

Is that on the little brown tab?

Whenever I open that book all it says is turn TDC on?
If you click yes the numbers method of aiming no longer appears and you cant get them back without re-booting the game! I couldn't find any sign of a recognition manual anywhere!!
Old 01-23-11, 09:00 AM   #343
capt-jones
Helmsman

Downloads: 328

Quote:
Whenever I open that book all it says is turn TDC on?
If you click yes the numbers method of aiming no longer appears and you cant get them back without re-booting the game! I couldn't find any sign of a recognition manual anywhere!!
you need to click on the TDC on, you will then have the SHIP IDENTIFY page ,dont panic you can still target the usual way, but try manuel targeting it is easier too learn in SH5 and is a lot more enjoyable and rewarding when you do get a kill, with this mod you dont need really need to identify ship if you click on yellow periscope and turn it green then get your RANGE to target and then input the SPEED and AOB , if your torpedo run is behind the target then you are out 180 degrees out with your AOB as long as your torpedo run is infront or leading the target then you should not miss by much lol
capt-jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 10:45 AM   #344
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Hi Guys, I'm finally back to some degree.
Its been a hectic few months, have been involved in finishing my home build. Our builder did the dirt on us and abandoned on us leaving us a un-finished home and 20K euro out of pocket.)
We have finally moved in - done all the 2nd fix and wiring myself (Gardens are unfinised but they will have to wait till down the road. Currently wiring up the home network, Just got the wireless working (On my laptop wireless at the moment ).
Once I have the fixed network in, i'll get my PC's unboxed and I'll be able to resume my Ui-Boat mod (Don't worry its not abandoned - just was on hold ).

I'll need to catch up on the scene here for SH5, so I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel again .
I plan to go-over the thread and see what bugs are reported and fix those first. Then I need to finish that manual I was working on.

Anyways its good to be back, and I hope this has not been to much of an inconvienence to those members using my UI.

Thanks Guys.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 11:24 AM   #345
bart
Frogman

Downloads: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt-jones View Post
you need to click on the TDC on, you will then have the SHIP IDENTIFY page ,dont panic you can still target the usual way, but try manuel targeting it is easier too learn in SH5 and is a lot more enjoyable and rewarding when you do get a kill, with this mod you dont need really need to identify ship if you click on yellow periscope and turn it green then get your RANGE to target and then input the SPEED and AOB , if your torpedo run is behind the target then you are out 180 degrees out with your AOB as long as your torpedo run is infront or leading the target then you should not miss by much lol

Thanks for the info....