Old 12-29-16, 09:51 AM   #331
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Discovering how to use "Facebook"
No don't do it, a mate of mind keeps telling me to sign up to which I say no thank you.

Another cold day today which did not stop me going out for a walk. Having a walk everyday has helped to loose some weight that at my time life is bad big time. Feel better for it must get rid of the rest of the flab, the battle goes on.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 10:13 AM   #332
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Just replaced two bulbs in the car that went off last night and my fingertips are totally numb with the cold.

Next time I may consider going to Halfords and pay their fitting fee.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 10:18 AM   #333
STEED
Lucky Jack

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Just replaced two bulbs in the car that went off last night and my fingertips are totally numb with the cold.

Next time I may consider going to Halfords and pay their fitting fee.
£25 a bulb fitting fee.

In last hour did my Back exercises and now listening to the radio drinking coka~cola.

Before anyone posts that's full of sugar, not the one I'm drinking its coke zero.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-29-16, 10:50 AM   #334
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Just replaced two bulbs....Next time I may consider going to Halfords and pay their fitting fee.
It'll B worse for me; the new kitchen has lots of lights incl. the cabinet's "puck' lights and 'indirect' counter lighting (what the bride ordered??!!): problem is: can I keep up with it all? Yesterday the custom-cut quartz counters arrived; not properly beveled to into the copper sink...so back to the shop for a rehab. 10 days more at least of no progress.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 02:11 PM   #335
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Waiting for the mailman to drop off a couple of WW II board games. Haven't played them in years! Thought I would take a break from looking into a monitor and try to see the writing on game pieces for a while. First on the list is Enemy Coast Ahead, Operation Chastise. Get to take 613 Squadron and try to take out the dams, can't wait!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 02:24 PM   #336
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Made a long walk with friends yesterday, 24 kilometers through a natural reservate, this was really nice. Lots of discussion about archeology and natural science, and science fiction stories

Quote:
Trying to do the same since a few days (not only of course).

Please tell me if you find out how this mess works without F...book selling all i write or like/dislike, or what i bought, or not bought, to companies, and the NSA. Then I get "tailored" advertisements of what whoever thinks i'd like to buy or need. Screw you F'book and Google!

Also i do not really want all FB-friends to read what another FB-friend writes, but it is virtually impossible to turn that off, because as soon someone "likes" the article or text, the others are able to read it and the whole thread even if the original person was blocked out.
And there is not even a real (!) dislike button, ridiculous!

This is an asocial network. Back then an idiot on a soapbox in the park could just be passed by and did not have a real audience. Now every weirdo is able to access millions with no problem. And i am not interested in what every dummy ate and have a photo of it.

I remember i had wished to read other people's minds a long time ago, but not after after Facebook happening. You can certainly suppress all the Nazi or AfD or other stuff you do not like, but then it only echoes your own opinion.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 02:35 PM   #337
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I started using it shamelessly to boost my online profile for business; true, you have to consider what you do and don't want people to know, but the privacy settings are there for this, as well as your own discretion. I've set my profile so that anyone, friends or otherwise, can see my pictures, but these are all photos of my paintings and my neighbourhood, so nothing sensitive on there.

But it's amazing how many old friends have been in touch, and I'm now busy exposing all their secrets from their youth which they've largely forgotten but which I remember with razor sharp precision.
Old 12-29-16, 03:07 PM   #338
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...]
But it's amazing how many old friends have been in touch, and I'm now busy exposing all their secrets from their youth which they've largely forgotten but which I remember with razor sharp precision.
It is good for finding old friends, true. And i like this twist.. i just think about what i can do to turn this around and use it against themselves, i mean FB and Google (and else).

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 06:34 PM   #339
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

At Amalie stadium in Tampa getting ready to watch Toronto play the Lightning.

Go Leafs go!

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 06:52 PM   #340
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Learning how to use Facebook, to me, is like learning how to hit yourself on the head with a hammer. Yeah, it is good to learn something new, but why learn that?
Old 12-29-16, 08:29 PM   #341
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Like I said, it's mostly about raising my profile and hits on my website. In fact, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to export "Whac-A-Squirrel" to Facebook... what do you think?
Old 12-30-16, 07:17 AM   #342
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Waiting for the mailman to drop off a couple of WW II board games. Haven't played them in years! Thought I would take a break from looking into a monitor and try to see the writing on game pieces for a while. First on the list is Enemy Coast Ahead, Operation Chastise. Get to take 613 Squadron and try to take out the dams, can't wait!
Never played any board games for years so I looked the one you're referring to Eddie and I must say, my interest has been piqued

Interesting review below:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 08:28 AM   #343
STEED
Lucky Jack

I hear its going to get colder latter today, you will not catch me outside singing in the new year just no point. Got the radio on at the moment and may do a spot of reading my book latter.

Old 12-31-16, 04:31 PM   #344
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Okay... what are you reading?
Old 12-31-16, 05:19 PM   #345
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Okay... what are you reading?
Operation Typhoon - Hitler's march on Moscow, October 1941

By David Stahel

Third book in his four part series, started months ago then put it down for some time. Picking up where I left off.

Fireworks have been going off around here and its not midnight yet!

Not long back in after visiting a mate for a couple of hours.