Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-22, 12:00 PM   #3406
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

This tells allot:

🇺🇦 Ukraine: We want your existing, stored infantry fighting vehicles.
🇩🇪 Germany: Impossible! Here are 40,455 lies why we can't do that.

🇺🇦 Ukraine: We want a drone that doesn't exist yet.
🇺🇸 USA: No problemo. Give us a week to design, develop, test, and put it into production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 12:00 PM   #3407
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

A reply to the lastest comment.

We do not know if China is helping Russia with material.
So far they have refused to give a clear answer to whether they are giving military aid to Russia or not.

Because if the feed Russia like we feed Ukraine-Then Russia will have a huge supply of weapons.

The problem could be troops on the ground, in vehicles a.s.o.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 04-24-22, 12:02 PM   #3408
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
This tells allot:

🇺🇦 Ukraine: We want your existing, stored infantry fighting vehicles.
🇩🇪 Germany: Impossible! Here are 40,455 lies why we can't do that.

🇺🇦 Ukraine: We want a drone that doesn't exist yet.
🇺🇸 USA: No problemo. Give us a week to design, develop, test, and put it into production.
According a German article in both Focus and Die Welt there's this rumour that Putin should have threaten schröder with nuclear war.

Markus

Old 04-24-22, 12:04 PM   #3409
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Your way getting to no nuclear war seems to be that we fall back and give hi what he wants then, yes?
I say that is what encourages him and he must be deterred sinc ehe only understands the language of bruzte force and the readiness to use it.

Have you seen the movie "The darkest hour"? Its about Churchill coming to power. The movie describes the events when Chamberlain tried to plot almost a coup to overthrow Churchill sinc eChamberlain waned to appeasse Hitler even more. His argument was that if one gives Hitler what he wanted, then one could keep Britain out of the war that was looming.

I dare to say we were lucky, all of us, that Chamberlain failed to see that plan through.

Appeasement of brutal tyrants does not work. Never has, never will. Let there be no doubt in the Kremlin that if they set other European and NATO countries on fire, Russia will burn alongside with them and to its maximum brightness.

Strength is the only language here that can get us of this slippery slope towards having even bigger wars in Europe again, caused and wanted by Russia. And if thigns go bad, even a world war.

It has been said before, Putin most likely wants more than just fulfilling crazy nationalistic fairytales. He likely wnats to erect a Russian grain monopole, and he wants those gas and oil fields that were found in Eatsenr Ukraine a couple fo years ago. The tale of Big Russia is probably only the cream on top of the real reasons for the war. If this is right, than it would have been another clever trick, since all the woreld currentl ytakes it for granted that there are no material and eocnbomic goals for the attack on the Ukraine, but queer nationalistic delusions only. Wars cost money, I think the gas and grains argument to explain the Russian invasion have some validity. It also explains why they want to get all the coast. Whbat shoudl they do with Moldavia? Its poor and sad. But takign Ukraine'S access to the sea traffic takes it off the map as an economic rival in grains exports. Matching this is repeated occasional reports that Russia seems to go at great length after devastating fertile agricultural soil in the Ukraine, like Ukraine blocked sweet water delievered to Crimea and causing erosion of fertile farming land there (thats not just ruissian propaganda, but fact-checked truth).

No Chamberlainism with me. I have learned my lesson regarding Putin. I do not intend to make the same mistake twice. It would be cyncial, treacherous, and anti-everything the West claims in ideals for itself.
Agree, Putin has gotten away with a lot of invasions, enough of that Chamberlainism does not work with authoritarian systems.

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 12:16 PM   #3410
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
This tells allot:

���� Ukraine: We want your existing, stored infantry fighting vehicles.
���� Germany: Impossible! Here are 40,455 lies why we can't do that.

���� Ukraine: We want a drone that doesn't exist yet.
���� USA: No problemo. Give us a week to design, develop, test, and put it into production.
Just a thought, but if what Skybird has agonized over for many years is true. Then Germany really doesn’t have any combat ready military hardware to offer. With the current state of the German Armed Forces as it is, they can barely fight their way out of wet paper bag.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-24-22 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-24-22, 12:30 PM   #3411
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Just a thought, but if what Skybird has agonized over for many years is true. Then Germany really doesn’t have any combat ready military hardware to offer. With the current state of the German Armed Forces as it is, they can barely fight their way out of wet paper bag.
They got them, why else the Netherlands is transferring some of its German-built Panzerhaubitze 2000 long-range armored howitzers to Ukraine.

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 12:51 PM   #3412
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
looks more Germany wants to say to Russians after this war "look we were not that bad as the others let's trade if nothing has happened"

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 12:56 PM   #3413
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
They got them, why else the Netherlands is transferring some of its German-built Panzerhaubitze 2000 long-range armored howitzers to Ukraine.
I could be wrong but I imagine the Netherlands purchased the German built hardware and have maintained their investment. With the spectre of WWII still fresh in the minds of many in Euroasia. If Germany started ‘militarizing’ that would probably generate even more concern. If that’s the case Germany finds itself in the position of damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 04-24-22, 01:01 PM   #3414
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
I could be wrong but I imagine the Netherlands purchased the German built hardware and have maintained their investment. With the spectre of WWII still fresh in the minds of many in Euroasia. If Germany started ‘militarizing’ that would probably generate even more concern. If that’s the case Germany finds itself in the position of damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
The Netherlands with other countries use, train as one army with Germany they use their tanks because the Netherlands has none of them anymore. Belgium and the Netherlands air force patrol each other airspace in cooperation. WWII with Germany is no problem any more it has shown after the war it handles Nazism stricter than surrounding countries.

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 01:09 PM   #3415
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
The Netherlands with other countries use, train as one army with Germany they use their tanks because the Netherlands has none of them anymore. Belgium and the Netherlands air force patrol each other airspace in cooperation. WWII with Germany is no problem any more it has shown after the war it handles Nazism stricter than surrounding countries.
This reminds me what a military expert said on Danish TV some weeks ago...NATO in Europe is not geared for a ground war..He told due to massive cuts in military spending since the fall of Soviet are now showing.

Markus

Old 04-24-22, 01:46 PM   #3416
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This reminds me what a military expert said on Danish TV some weeks ago...NATO in Europe is not geared for a ground war..He told due to massive cuts in military spending since the fall of Soviet are now showing.

Markus
Europe tough it was not necessary to have such a large army because Russia had gone from bad to good guy they only forgot to update that doctrine they cut massive and gone too far with it. Do not say Europe needs army like after the war, modern day army has totally changed.

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 02:12 PM   #3417
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Stories from real life:

Germany does not deliver Marders.

Ammo for Marders is produced in Switzerland (why, btw???)

Because Germany does not want to send Marders, it asked Switzerland for permission to deliver Marder ammunition to Ukraine. That makes perfect sense- for Germans.

Switzerland said No (Ha! Germany is not the only one!).

So now Germany cannot send neither Marders, nor ammunition. It got reported that instead Germany sent a huge stockpile for camp firelighters.

Russia meanwhile amasses a huge number of Iskanders at the border to Ukraine.

Wake me up once the war is over and the world got grilled, I get drunk until then, meanwhile. There is a coalition summit in Germany soon. Or should I say: crisis summit? Some say the days of Olaf the Procrastinator and the whole government are counted. .
Old 04-24-22, 02:20 PM   #3418
Dargo
Admiral

Putin appears to hold a distorted view of the war as set out by his generals & … on Russian television, the people briefed on conversations with him said…he insisted, despite all evidence to the contrary, that his forces have not targeted civilians. If you as leader told false intel this is how you lose wars

Quote:
Dargo is online  
Old 04-24-22, 02:31 PM   #3419
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Belarusian railway saboteurs helped thwart Russia’s attack on Kyiv.
A clandestine network of railway workers, hackers and dissident security forces wreaked havoc on supply lines.
"

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1518260989153751041

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-24-22, 02:32 PM   #3420
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russia: ammunition plant and the Russia defence institute burn down

Huge fire at 'top secret' Russian defence HQ leaves five dead and 30 wounded

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ence-institute

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-fire...ievsky-1699970

Russia's biggest chemical plant burns down in second mystery fire

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/russias-b...-mystery-fire/

"Oh dear. Too bad. Nevermind."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-24-22 at 03:43 PM.
Closed Thread