SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-14, 07:33 AM   #3376
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0

I think one of the things this game needs is higher waves, especially in storms
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 07:56 AM   #3377
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
I think one of the things this game needs is higher waves, especially in storms
yup highes waves and a better pitch roll mechanics
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 09:21 AM   #3378
hyland
Watch

Downloads: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandongogogo View Post
So far i'm using Dyn Env 2.9 in this order:
Shadows affect the underwater eff so...

I want to state that this is only a combination of mods that gives those selective effects and no way a mod of my own work. Thanks all those modders! -just a lot of trial and error till i got what i wanted-

Thank you bandongogo

I saw your another screenshot too.

It's so fantastic!

I should enable mods like you!
hyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 11:54 AM   #3379
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Happy for you..
My graphicscard doesn t like dyn env at all. The sea is jellylike and I get funny stutters every like 15 sec where the graphics doesn t halt but kinda redraws everything. (I have an overclocked intel 920 and ATI/AMD 6970)Did you experience similar?
I m much more pleased with Realenvironment, but that ofc takes you futher away from Sobers list. I cut out sobers waves and sobers smoke screen V1 SH5 (DynEnv compatible).
Hi Husksubsky,

No, I've ever seen anything of the like. But, even with high end hardware things can get funny.

Ever tried the d3d Antilag?

If not - do it. It could make gameplay smoother.
Here: http://www.kegetys.fi/d3d-antilag-v1-01/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 11:59 AM   #3380
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
sobers storm Clouds v2 SH5 . Clouds reflect the suns color now

This is just excellent and soo beautiful Sober. Thanks for your hard work mate.
Old 04-03-14, 12:04 PM   #3381
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
yup highes waves and a better pitch roll mechanics
Hi Sjizzle,

Did you ever try the 'stoianm pitch&roll'?

If not it's here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3208
Old 04-03-14, 12:33 PM   #3382
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

What does the Crew AI mod do please?
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 05:52 PM   #3383
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

I found the CrewAI mod info.

Ammo_V1.0_SH5_by_Raven_2010

Both of these mods change the guns ranges.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 06:01 PM   #3384
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I found the CrewAI mod info.

Ammo_V1.0_SH5_by_Raven_2010

Both of these mods change the guns ranges.
I just mucked around with them trying to tie the ranges in with IRAI rather than Ammo_V1.0_SH5_by_Raven_2010 . It only affects your gun crew afaik , not the enemy gun range .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 06:05 PM   #3385
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi Husksubsky,

No, I've ever seen anything of the like. But, even with high end hardware things can get funny.

Ever tried the d3d Antilag?

If not - do it. It could make gameplay smoother.
Here: http://www.kegetys.fi/d3d-antilag-v1-01/
Oh yes I ve used antilag since day one. It was unplayable without it. I think ATI gfx was more vulnerable to the stock programming than for example Nvidia , but not sure.

I also used dyn env ..I think 2.2?..when I started to play the game.. fps great , but just these funny stutters. I hoped they gone with 2.9 but nope. I went back to RE. A point to make is that I DO get them with RE too when weather change. It doesn t change smoothly, but then again a weather change is very rare.

Anyway I m happy, I managed to wash my car so it s clean, had a few beers, my gf who dumped me is talking to me again, and I sank 60k tons on patrol with no CTD.Looking forward to install the newest moon mod and contrast.Lifes ok.

Have a small tactic question: I seem to be able to sneak close on surface undetected if I have moon positioned good. Underwater I got busted. Could it be realistic that a dark night you are better off surfaced because you avoid their damn sonars?

Last edited by Husksubsky; 04-03-14 at 06:24 PM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-14, 06:20 PM   #3386
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandongogogo View Post
The first time i tested the sobers waves (a long ago) i didnt liked them, they where jelly like as well, then i tested his waves now and neither like'd them. BUT i tried combining dyn env gale + sobers tweaks + sobers waves mod (old ones) with the waves mechanics on Dyn Env 2.9 and i got this...

EDIT: Well the picture looks small.... but you get the point, now ugly foam, also notice my low res (1280x960) it looks bright blue because the time was 3pm and the weather cold. try this one
Interesting, but Im not sure I completely understand how you mixed unless you show list..whats dyn env gale?
Old 04-03-14, 06:35 PM   #3387
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Oh yes I ve used antilag since day one. It was unplayable without it. I think ATI gfx was more vulnerable to the stock programming than for example Nvidia , but not sure.

I also used dyn env ..I think 2.2?..when I started to play the game.. fps great , but just these funny stutters. I hoped they gone with 2.9 but nope. I went back to RE. A point to make is that I DO get them with RE too when weather change. It doesn t change smoothly, but then again a weather change is very rare.

Anyway I m happy, I managed to wash my car so it s clean, had a few beers, my gf who dumped me is talking to me again, and I sank 60k tons on patrol with no CTD.Looking forward to install the newest moon mod and contrast.Lifes ok.

Have a small tactic question: I seem to be able to sneak close on surface undetected if I have moon positioned good. Underwater I got busted. Could it be realistic that a dark night you are better off surfaced because you avoid their damn sonars?
Depends on the situation . The moon position , the enemy equipment , the enemy equipment type , the enemy fatigue , your sub position in relation to there sonar , if you have a sub camoflage skin to darken your sub at night , how fast you are going , silent running or not , wave height , plus heaps of others . Keep right away from DDs . I snuck into Scapa but I only just made it out alive , it was getting light and I was on the surface . I was just far enough away that I had to decide do I stay on the surface at decks awash/1 prop shaft/1 knot or do I have to submerge . Decisions are always to stay as far away from DDs as possible .
Old 04-03-14, 06:48 PM   #3388
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Depends on the situation . The moon position , the enemy equipment , the enemy equipment type , the enemy fatigue , your sub position in relation to there sonar , if you have a sub camoflage skin to darken your sub at night , how fast you are going , silent running or not , wave height , plus heaps of others . Keep right away from DDs . I snuck into Scapa but I only just made it out alive , it was getting light and I was on the surface . I was just far enough away that I had to decide do I stay on the surface at decks awash/1 prop shaft/1 knot or do I have to submerge . Decisions are always to stay as far away from DDs as possible .
Thx. I have never tried Scapa surfaced or decks awash , always submerged. I got caught, but survived and succeded the mission .
I saw your post about how you entered Scapa and it also seem that historicly the u boats used night to sneak close surfaced. I always stay submerged when I have enemies relatively close, so it got me thinking.
Old 04-03-14, 06:55 PM   #3389
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Thx. I have never tried Scapa surfaced or decks awash , always submerged. I got caught, but survived and succeded the mission .
I saw your post about how you entered Scapa and it also seem that historicly the u boats used night to sneak close surfaced. I always stay submerged when I have enemies relatively close, so it got me thinking.
If you play this mod list 100% realism and the latest list it is by far the hardest silent hunter experience out off all the silent hunter games / Mod list / mega mods imo .
Old 04-03-14, 07:13 PM   #3390
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Scap flow , lets talk about that mission . It was night and I snuck in through the historic route because if I can spot the headland I can find the light bouys and work out where I am . I knew there was DDs around from previous attempts so I headed north and when I sighted land I followed the land south until my crew sighted a DD . The night was cloudy and the moon was out so I knew this wasn't going to be easy . When my crew sighted the DD I went to decks awash and 2 knots with 1 prop shaft not running . When I thought I was getting too close for comfort with the DDs I stopped the engines . I observed for a few hours what the DDs were doing and noticed that 1 would head into the bay and then turn around and head out again . I waited until the DD headed out and then I ordered 2 knots and headed towards Lamb Holm . When the DD was far enough away I ordered ahead full and made it far enough into Holm sound that when the DD came back I was far enough away . Then I had to get past the Mines and block ships . I managed this and at the other end of Holm Sound my crew spotted the Capital ships . I stayed decks awash and about 4000 mts away from the Capitol ships . I could just make out there flags with the Uzo but couldn't make out the hulls because it was too dark . I fired 4 torps at 1 and 1 missed , 1 dud , 2 hit . I then seen it explode and I went to ahead slow back towards lamb Holm which was just a matter of turning the boat 90 degrees and I was heading down the sound . I could see a DD with search lights on in the distance and what looked like a ship larger than a DD heading towards me . It was dark so could only make out details . 2 shells exploded near me so I dived to periscope depth and went ahead at flank speed . My sub was damaged and I decided if I stay here I was dead so I surfaced and tried to outrun whatever ship was heading my way . The ship was far enough away that it lost my position in the dark and gave up . A few minutes later I was strafed by airplanes . Continued later...