SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-11, 01:00 PM   #3361
Lupo
Bosun

Downloads: 271
Uploads: 0

hi!

news from mod??? I hope it is still worked on it, because I am more gigantic fan!

Lupo!
Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 07:16 AM   #3362
ja999
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14

Good afternoon. Got a problem with TMO 2.2: crew on the deck don't goes inside while diving. Submarine on 100-meter depth with watchmen looknig forward through binoculars looks a bit surrealistic. Is it possible to solve this trouble? Thank you.
ja999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 08:27 AM   #3363
razark
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja999 View Post
Good afternoon. Got a problem with TMO 2.2: crew on the deck don't goes inside while diving. Submarine on 100-meter depth with watchmen looknig forward through binoculars looks a bit surrealistic. Is it possible to solve this trouble? Thank you.
Usually the reported cause is alt-tabbing out of the game. Save and reload, and don't alt-tab out.

Another solution that was suggested to me, that I've been using for a while without issue:
Go to the control room, leave time compression on 1, and then alt-tab out.
Old 09-01-11, 01:39 AM   #3364
MarcHoare
Nub

Downloads: 40

Hey guys, I am having the same problem with my crew staying out when submerged, please if there is a way to fix this let me know.
MarcHoare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 06:57 AM   #3365
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcHoare View Post
Hey guys, I am having the same problem with my crew staying out when submerged, please if there is a way to fix this let me know.
Usually the reported cause is alt-tabbing out of the game. Save and reload, and don't alt-tab out.

Another solution that was suggested to me, that I've been using for a while without issue:
Go to the control room, leave time compression on 1, and then alt-tab out.
Old 09-01-11, 11:07 AM   #3366
lordish
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Default Free Camera in SH4 TMO Normal Game Setting

Hi,

I may have missed this in the manual, but I can't get TMO's Free Camera to work on the NORMAL game setting. I've tried F2, F12, and all the arrow keys--Nada.

Is this an operator problem? Did I miss something? Is that camera turned off for difficulty reasons?

lordish
lordish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 11:19 AM   #3367
EricW
Bosun

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordish View Post
Hi,

I may have missed this in the manual, but I can't get TMO's Free Camera to work on the NORMAL game setting. I've tried F2, F12, and all the arrow keys--Nada.

Is this an operator problem? Did I miss something? Is that camera turned off for difficulty reasons?

lordish
Yeah, I believe the ext. cam is disabled for all but the " easy" setting. The event cam should work though.
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-11, 11:20 AM   #3368
razark
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordish View Post
Is that camera turned off for difficulty reasons?
I believe it is turned off by default. Go to the realism options and turn it on.
Old 09-02-11, 08:57 AM   #3369
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53

Hi all, just updated to 2.2 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Convoy Routes for TMO 2.0 and Easier AI were compatible? I did not find any reference to them in the 2.2PDF

Last edited by Uboatman; 09-02-11 at 10:38 AM. Reason: PDF clarification
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 12:36 PM   #3370
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default Ducimus?? Anyone??

I just returned to TMO to try it with the OTC mod and US radar from the beginning of the war. Are these mods still need with 2.2? I do not want to screw up the OTC mod.

FixedZeroBomb Load_RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO_2.1
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC

Note, I have activated the OTC mod with realistic scopes and US radar from the beginning. The S boat does not have radar, at least my S boat doesn't. Also, it appears the OTC mod overrides the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit, so you will have to give that mod up if you activate the OTC mod. Also, I activated Tokyyo's Revenge, which is part of OTC than you can choose to activate. It makes the game more difficult.

TMO with either OTC or the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit are excellent choices for map contacts disabled. The benefit of OTC is that is easier to use once you master the instructions. They are both teriffic mods, and are two entirely different ways to skin the cat, so to speak. The 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit has more steps to follow, but has the advantage of working in conditions of poor visibilty such as fog. I cannot recall if it works well in stormy conditions. If you activatre the OTC mod, cannot see the target due to poor weather conditions, it becomes useless.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 09-04-11 at 02:55 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 02:12 AM   #3371
TaipaN_
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I just returned to TMO to try it with the OTC mod and US radar from the beginning of the war. Are these mods still need with 2.2? I do not want to screw up the OTC mod.

FixedZeroBomb Load_RSRDC
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO_2.1
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
Hi,

I am using "TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC"

Capn Scurvy is working on a TMO/RSRDC version of OTC mod. Until then, I have been succesfully using a versoin of SCAF with TMO2.2 and RSRDC.

It removes the majority of issues that come from incorrect mast heights. It doesn't remove resolution issues but it's enough I hit almost all of my torpedos now.

The version I use is http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1959
Old 09-05-11, 04:18 AM   #3372
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

have to ask, whats TMO visuals?
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 10:44 AM   #3373
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatman View Post
Hi all, just updated to 2.2 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Convoy Routes for TMO 2.0 and Easier AI were compatible? I did not find any reference to them in the 2.2PDF
?
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 01:07 PM   #3374
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
Note, I have activated the OTC mod with realistic scopes and US radar from the beginning. The S boat does not have radar, at least my S boat doesn't.
If you're playing the "campaign" version, make sure you buy and put the radars onto the boat. Just having the mod "OTC_US Radar from Start" won't automatically put the radar in use, you still need to go to the options menu back in port and move the SD and SJ radars onto the boat to have them installed. The mod simply "allows" the option to appear, it doesn't automatically put radar in the sub.

You should note that if you're using a "single mission", the mission date dictates what equipment is put on the boat. Whether you have the "Radar from Start" mod loaded or not. The ability to have radar at an earlier date only works when in a campaign, not during a single mission.

Quote:
If you activatre the OTC mod, cannot see the target due to poor weather conditions, it becomes useless.
You mean the OTC radar doesn't work in poor weather conditions? I know it works with the wind speed at 15 meters per second (that's the highest wind speed you can set). So, I either don't understand, or I'm missing something.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-11, 02:55 PM   #3375
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
If you activatre the OTC mod, cannot see the target due to poor weather conditions, it becomes useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
You mean the OTC radar doesn't work in poor weather conditions? I know it works with the wind speed at 15 meters per second (that's the highest wind speed you can set). So, I either don't understand, or I'm missing something.
Opps! My ass has been kicked again. This time by none other than the Admiral himself. My mistake and apolgies. I know no of what I speak (or in this case, "write.")

Time to get back the three part series on UBoat that I recorded on the military channel.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote