SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-14, 01:55 AM   #3286
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I cannot help you if you are not using my mod list . I have either heavy fog or no fog . I have no light fog or medium fog . I get heavy fog occasionally which doesn't last long . Lots of no fog days .
Ok same here thx. Works as intended then
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 01:59 AM   #3287
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Ok same here thx. Works as intended then
Just unenable sobers fog mod anytime if you want to use the DynEnv fog . No need to do anything else .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 10:46 AM   #3288
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Just unenable sobers fog mod anytime if you want to use the DynEnv fog . No need to do anything else .
Thx ,but im happy with your solution. I was just not sure if it was intended. I was bothered by fog way more than realistic before.

Last edited by Husksubsky; 03-23-14 at 10:43 AM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 03:36 PM   #3289
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245
Hi Sober,

Thk you very much for your great mega mod. All seems to work perfectly. It takes me some times to make it working correctly but, finally, the result is here ! Just some questions, please.

1/ I'm using external view to take some screenshots and because I like it. Is it a problem to play it activated with your mega mod ?

2/ I couldn't see anything underwater. Underwater is black. Is it normal ?

3/ I would like to use io strategic map; I don't like at all the map used because it's not immersive at all and too much colored. Is it possible ?

4/ I have activated TDW Generic Patcher 0.157 with your snapshots via JSGME at the end of the mega mod. Do you approve it ?

5/ I have a very high performed PC composed with Microsoft Win 7x64, i7@3.3ghz, eVga X58 Mb, 12 Go DDR3 and eVga 680 GTX Classified with 4 GB DDR5. What do you advice me to make the game better again ?

PS: Btw, After all the mega Moid, i have activated;

-Grossdeutsher Rundfunk
-Subflags 0.0.8 by The DarkWraith
-Smaller Flags for Warships

Thks very, very much for your effort. It's very cool to take your time to make the game better in better. Thx very much

Jo

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 03:55 PM   #3290
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochem View Post
Hi Sober,

Thk you very much for your great mega mod. All seems to work perfectly. It takes me some times to make it working correctly but, finally, the result is here ! Just some questions, please.

1/ I'm using external view to take some screenshots and because I like it. Is it a problem to play it activated with your mega mod ?

2/ I couldn't see anything underwater. Underwater is black. Is it normal ?

3/ I would like to use io strategic map; I don't like at all the map used because it's not immersive at all and too much colored. Is it possible ?

4/ I have activated TDW Generic Patcher 0.157 with your snapshots via JSGME at the end of the mega mod. Do you approve it ?

5/ I have a very high performed PC composed with Microsoft Win 7x64, i7@3.3ghz, eVga X58 Mb, 12 Go DDR3 and eVga 680 GTX Classified with 4 GB DDR5. What do you advice me to make the game better again ?

PS: Btw, After all the mega Moid, i have activated;

-Grossdeutsher Rundfunk
-Subflags 0.0.8 by The DarkWraith
-Smaller Flags for Warships

Thks very, very much for your effort. It's very cool to take your time to make the game better in better. Thx very much

Jo
1/ If you use external camera then it breaks the realism I am trying to achieve with the mod list . You might as well just use one of the other mega mods .
2/ Don't use external camera . Submarines cannot see under water .
3/Try it . Report any problems .
4/Do not use JSGME to active the TDW Generic Patcher . Place it on the desktop .
5/ Unenable the mod DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch .
Put your graphics card settings on max and see how that goes . SH5 is very hard on computer resources .
Old 03-23-14, 04:27 PM   #3291
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
1/ If you use external camera then it breaks the realism I am trying to achieve with the mod list . You might as well just use one of the other mega mods .
2/ Don't use external camera . Submarines cannot see under water .
3/Try it . Report any problems .
4/Do not use JSGME to active the TDW Generic Patcher . Place it on the desktop .
5/ Unenable the mod DynEnv v2.9 - 2. Main Mod Low Resolution Patch .
Put your graphics card settings on max and see how that goes . SH5 is very hard on computer resources .

1/ & 2/ Ok, I understand your vision.
3/ yes, I already use it and activate it at the end of the list but seems to not be compatible at all. Couldn't see the map, tools are completely mixed. very bad experience with it :/ I have used this version: IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750.7z
4/ Otherwise, I notice any problem with this process. I just followed the link you share on your thread and that explain exactly the way to make it work. The only thing different is that I have activated it at the end and not at the begining. I copy all the files (CameraManager.act, sh5.exe, shsound.act, shsim.act, simdata.dll, shcollision.act, sh_nclient.dll) in the folder and followed the process, add the snapshot sobers.gps, then activated it.
5/ yes, I had effectively decided do not install already this one proposed in your list of mods. And sincerely, Kiel seems is not a problem for my PC. I have a x64 bits system + 12 go corsair DDr3 and my graphic card run with 4gb ddr5 ! That's rock ! I could imagine that you prefer to propose something very low pc friendly to make your mega mod work with many systems. So, this is the reason why I asked you if I should install some others mods adapted to my system...

Thanks very much for your reply....And for Io strategic Map, I have not success to make it work properly with your Mega Mod. This is sad, because, it looks like immersive and more accurate, historically that the one proposed.

Jo

Old 03-23-14, 04:38 PM   #3292
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
1/ & 2/ Ok, I understand your vision.
3/ yes, I already use it and activate it at the end of the list but seems to not be compatible at all. Couldn't see the map, tools are completely mixed. very bad experience with it :/ I have used this version: IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750.7z
4/ Otherwise, I notice any problem with this process. I just followed the link you share on your thread and that explain exactly the way to make it work. The only thing different is that I have activated it at the end and not at the begining. I copy all the files (CameraManager.act, sh5.exe, shsound.act, shsim.act, simdata.dll, shcollision.act, sh_nclient.dll) in the folder and followed the process, add the snapshot sobers.gps, then activated it.
5/ yes, I had effectively decided do not install already this one proposed in your list of mods. And sincerely, Kiel seems is not a problem for my PC. I have a x64 bits system + 12 go corsair DDr3 and my graphic card run with 4gb ddr5 ! That's rock ! I could imagine that you prefer to propose something very low pc friendly to make your mega mod work with many systems. So, this is the reason why I asked you if I should install some others mods adapted to my system...

Thanks very much for your reply....And for Io strategic Map, I have not success to make it work properly with your Mega Mod. This is sad, because, it looks like immersive and more accurate, historically that the one proposed.

Jo
Do not activate TDW Generic Patcher with JSGME .
Old 03-23-14, 06:01 PM   #3293
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Do not activate TDW Generic Patcher with JSGME .

Ok I will reactivate it via the root folder. Thx for that. And for the map ? Do you have some idea ? Because, I can't play with this hideous map, seriously...

last things. Is SteelVikings interior mods compatible with your mega mod ?.

Thx again for your help

Old 03-23-14, 06:21 PM   #3294
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Ok I will reactivate it via the root folder. Thx for that. And for the map ? Do you have some idea ? Because, I can't play with this hideous map, seriously...

last things. Is SteelVikings interior mods compatible with your mega mod ?.

Thx again for your help
SteelVikings should work ok .
Use the latest mod list I just downloaded . The extra 3 files are found in the Open Horizons mod folder .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 03-23-14 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-23-14, 06:37 PM   #3295
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 0900 24032014
added
MQK Gradient_IO
MQK LocationMaps_IO
MQK ShapeTextures_NO

They are found in the Open horizons mod folder .
Old 03-23-14, 07:16 PM   #3296
Cache42
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 48
Default Simplified TDC

Can you tell me which of the mods disables the normal Auto TDC targeting assistance for torpedos?

I'm quite the nub to SH5 and can't figure out how to hit anything without it.

Thanks
Cache42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 07:55 PM   #3297
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Back playing SH5, have used parts of your list sober, looking forward to it. Great thread.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 08:35 PM   #3298
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
SteelVikings should work ok .
Use the latest mod list I just downloaded . The extra 3 files are found in the Open Horizons mod folder .

Yes ! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Danke für alle mein Herr !

I have reinstall TDW Generic Patcher at the root of sh5:

.../silent hunter 5/TDW GenericPatcher v1.0.157.0/SH5.EXE;CAMERAMANAGER.act;SH_NCLIENT.dll;SHSIM.act ;SHSOUND.act;SHSIM.act;SHCOLLISIONS.act;SIMDATA.dl l

...load your snap and here we go !

Old 03-24-14, 10:07 AM   #3299
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

In the Main 'Menu.'

Select 'Options.'

In 'Game Play Options.'

Tick the 'Manual Targeting' box.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:16 PM   #3300
lectus
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 23
Decided to give SH5 another try. Great thread.
lectus is offline   Reply With Quote