SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-12-08, 05:41 PM   #301
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

I got it to replace the stock type 95 model for now, need to get it to replace the Kaiten torpedo that I have in my mod but don't know where it gets its 3d model from

second picture is at a depth of 5 feet, textures still that of type 95

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-08, 07:45 PM   #302
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01

I got it to replace the stock type 95 model for now, need to get it to replace the Kaiten torpedo that I have in my mod but don't know where it gets its 3d model from

second picture is at a depth of 5 feet, textures still that of type 95

keltos
Try node 251 in your Topedo.dat

SH_Torpedo_G7es_TV

That might be it.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 12:24 PM   #303
keltos01
Silent Hunter

yeah but it doesn't have a 3d node attached.... they use only 2 different models for all torpedoes, how do I create a new one and link it to that SH_Torpedo_G7es_TV torpedo?

Last edited by keltos01; 11-13-08 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-13-08, 03:48 PM   #304
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
yeah but it doesn't have a 3d node attached.... they use only 2 different models for all torpedoes, how do I create a new one and link it to that SH_Torpedo_G7es_TV torpedo?
Clone it. Just like a gun,sub,ship etc. Create a new one, or at least try.

The only reason I point to that as a possibility is the Kaiten in the UPCLocalization.tsr is listed at a T5Torpedo, going to the Ammunition.upc, the link appears to come from a Subtype=T_V and that looks like the right numbers for the existing Kaiten. I am not sure how the link gets from Ammunition to Torpedos.dat but I am sure someone will know.
Also it looks like an acoutic element (acoutic 92) was put in to simulate the Kaiten being 'steered' toward it's target. So that is why I suggested that may be the node of the existing Kaiten. Why else would it have an acoutic element if it's not an acoustic torpedo?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 03:20 AM   #305
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default graf

real IJN colors :

Old 11-21-08, 11:40 AM   #306
Graf
A-ganger

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Currently a WIP. Here a two schemes based on the color palette keltos kindly provided.

A Jyunsen Type B1 built in the Kure Naval yard.

A Jyunsen Type B1 painted in the normal Type 21 camouflage of many IJN ships.

Graf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 02:32 PM   #307
keltos01
Silent Hunter

right.. but where are the rivets and stuff ??? odesn't look like metal anymore I'm affraid..

I don't means to be overly critical but shouldn't the paint be applied on top of the metal with all the seams and rivets showing ?

the aim of the texture being of mimicking rl hull.

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 11-21-08 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-21-08, 02:38 PM   #308
Graf
A-ganger

Its just the basis mate. Nothing more than getting my colors right. I haven't done any advanced work yet such as rivets and true weathering. Just wanted your input on the colors.

Old 11-21-08, 02:44 PM   #309
keltos01
Silent Hunter

the colors I like.
k

Old 11-21-08, 04:00 PM   #310
Graf
A-ganger

Thanks guys. Working on the rivets now as we speak. Very difficult to do right now as I'm not very familiar with the skin right now but will pass as I have more time with it.

Old 11-21-08, 04:22 PM   #311
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Graf,

The thing is , and don't get upset about it, we have made the mod what it is right now, it took a lot of very hard work and long hours, and it's not over yet...

I understand you're eager to help, and that's a good thing, so my advice would be to propose one thing at a time.

Your patch idea for OM was a good one. I made a patch for it too before and kindo got scalded by Lurker cause we modify the same files, for his mod and for ours, it has to do with the campaign.

So I decided not to pursue it.

Then you came along and offfered to make a patch so that the Jyunsen B would be completely compatible with OM, I aggreed to that, it's fine by me, this mod is made to be played.

You offer your know-how on the skinjob, fine again, but I think you should contact (by pm) Sledgehammer427 about it too. He offered to make us a skin a while back and we as a team aggreed. The deck plancking is part of his WIP skin.

I don't mind you doing another set of skins, but talk to Sledgehammer427 about it. Maybe you guys can work as a team on this, or maybe not.

It is true I like the first screens of your WIP Skinjob. But I agreed to have Sledgehammer427 do the mod skin for us when he has time to do so with all his projects !

So don't take me wrong, I like what I see, but start with what you offered : the OM patch, get Lurker's approval when it's done, then you'll be able to release it and get the credits.

If you think you have the time to do both, work on the skin as well, I don't mind having a few sets out there for people to choose from, look at all the german boats' skins like foofighter's etc.. I myself changed skins a few times when playing SHIII. I have to respect Sledgehammer's work and the fact that he asked us a while ago too.

From what I saw of his work, it goes right where we want to go : as realistic a skin as possible for the Jyunsen B for starters. I don't think it should be too shiny either, I saw the barnacles on the hull and the rust on the I-400, and it only served a few months, so the skin shouldn't reflect a brand new shiny ship.

Take a look at the pictures posted from RL on the web too.

So to summarize my thoughts, don't try and offer to change everything we've done so far, start small, I'm sure we can use your capacities to improve on the mod.

This way you won't hurt anyone's feelings either.

So now, if you wanna help, contact the teammembers by pm too. Peabody, Takao, Captainscurvy, Sledgehammer427 and Skwasjer all contributed to this mod.

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 11-21-08 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-22-08, 01:36 AM   #312
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

I like it a lot!!!

it looks really pretty now....I gotta get these Textures and the mod...

is there a possibility of having a mod that does not overwrite the availability of German boats as well???
Old 11-22-08, 01:57 AM   #313
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
I like it a lot!!!

is there a possibility of having a mod that does not overwrite the availability of German boats as well???
If you had read the first post : my mod doesn't take away the german boats at all. It adds the Jyunsen B, the Type AM, the Kaidai 4 and the Kaichu submarine to the list.

So when you play from Penang you can choose to be a german or a japanese, like in Real Life from 1943 onwards.

regards,

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 11-22-08 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-22-08, 02:17 AM   #314
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Default color scheme

Rising Sun* vbmenu_register("postmenu_139469", true);
Captain-Staff Member

Re: IJN submarine camouflage pattern - pictures / drawings needed
This isn't my area of knowledge, but I seem to recall that the Japanese experimented with blacks and greys, and maybe other colours, to try to find the colour that gave the best camouflage on the surface and underwater viewed from the air, and that what worked best in one capacity wasn't so good in the other. I think this may have resulted in different colours on the upper hull and conning tower for horizontal and vertical viewing angles.

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 11-22-08 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-22-08, 12:10 PM   #315
gimpy117
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 108

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy117
I like it a lot!!!

If you had read the first post : my mod doesn't take away the german boats at all. It adds the Jyunsen B, the Type AM, the Kaidai 4 and the Kaichu submarine to the list.

So when you play from Penang you can choose to be a german or a japanese, like in Real Life from 1943 onwards.

regards,

Keltos
Hmmmm....I'll check it but I thought it did...maybe I got the Japanese career mod instead...but I do know whenever I install the Pseudo Narwhal mod over the tench mod It only allows me to use the later one...

I'll take a look at it.

oh and Ps. Your mod looks AWESOME!