Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-22, 02:41 PM   #3106
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Steinmeier is Germany's secret wonder weapon to bore them all to death, including Putin.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 04-12-22, 02:42 PM   #3107
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I say give the Ukrainian advanced weapon (System) so they can kick Putin out of Ukraine-give Ukraine advanced fighter jet(I know the Ukrainian fighter pilot is not trained for these plane) and other thing.

If Russia see this step as an intervention by NATO so be it-They were the one who invaded an innocent country.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 04-12-22, 03:36 PM   #3108
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

What do you call a Russian Tank Brigade on it's way back from the Ukrainian front?

...an Infantry Platoon!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 04-12-22, 05:31 PM   #3109
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Slow moving targets?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 04-12-22, 07:02 PM   #3110
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I say give the Ukrainian advanced weapon (System) so they can kick Putin out of Ukraine-give Ukraine advanced fighter jet(I know the Ukrainian fighter pilot is not trained for these plane) and other thing.

If Russia see this step as an intervention by NATO so be it-They were the one who invaded an innocent country.

Markus
We will now see in the coming days/weeks whether or not the Russians have learned from their many mistakes.
Their new supreme commander for the war is a brutal slaughterer with experience from Syria how to kill civilians carelessly and almost on the fly.

The logistics lines now are shorter, that of the Ukrainians are now longer.

The Russians seem to be aware n ow of the imprtnac eof contorlling the airspace better - last but not least to prevent movement on the ground setting up ambushes for advancing Russian columns.
The Russians will make use of long distance wepaons more, and play out their traditional strength: artillery, both barrel and missile.

If the Ukrainians do not get distance weapons and armoured mobility, the Russians can keep them at distance and hammer them from that.

Until here the Ukraine probably has seen - the easier part of the war.

Big question is what is left of the Russian formation cohesion and supply in vehicles.

The days and next weeks ahead likely will become even more brutal than the past weeks.

There is much speculation and little secured knowledge on the Russian army status right now, and their aiblity to resupply losses. Also, the date of May 9th is speculated again to be of importance for Putin. And what if not...?

What NATO can send in Sowjet-made tanks, IFVs and air units, artillery, ammunition and missiles - it must arrive NOW. Time is running out, the Russian onslaught will now rather sooner than later begin.
Old 04-13-22, 09:19 AM   #3111
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Ukraine has disinvited German President Steinmeier and declared him an undesirable person because of his role in making Germany's foreign policy Russia-friendly and his closeness to Lavrov and his role in pushing through Nordstream 2.
With regard to the current conflict Germany is now little more than an embarrassment to NATO and the EU.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-13-22, 09:25 AM   #3112
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Collecting the dead in Bucha

Warning: This article contains graphic images.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61085810

Old 04-13-22, 09:27 AM   #3113
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia claims 1,026 Ukrainian soldiers have surrendered in the besieged port city of Mariupol.

But a top adviser to Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky insists the city is still standing and some marines have joined another battalion.

The mayor of Mariupol says as many as 21,000 civilians have been killed in the southern city and 100,000 are still awaiting evacuation.

French President Emmanuel Macron warns against "an escalation of words" after US President Joe Biden accuses Russia of genocide in Ukraine.

Zelensky has praised Biden's remark as "true words of a true leader"

The presidents of Poland, Latvia and Estonia and visiting Ukraine's capital Kyiv to meet Zelensky.

But Germany's president has been told he is "not wanted" because of "close ties" to Russia in recent years.

Old 04-13-22, 09:39 AM   #3114
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin says her country will decide whether to apply to join Nato "within weeks".

She said she saw no reason to delay the decision, at a joint news conference alongside Sweden's prime minister.

Her comments coincided with a report to the Finnish parliament that said membership of the bloc could result in "increased tensions on the border between Finland and Russia".

Moscow has warned Finland and Sweden against joining Nato in recent weeks.

Finland and Sweden are militarily non-aligned but Russia's invasion of Ukraine has prompted increasing public support to become members of the Western defensive alliance. Swedish leader Magdalena Andersson told reporters that the same "very serious analysis" was taking place as in Finland and she saw no point in delaying it.

Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet reported on Wednesday that Ms Andersson was aiming to apply for membership in time for a Nato summit in late June.

Finland shares a 1,340km (830 miles) border with Russia, and Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has stressed that Moscow would have to "rebalance the situation" with its own measures if the Nato bid went ahead.

"I won't give any kind of timetable when we will make our decisions, but I think it will happen quite fast," said Ms Marin. She pointed out that Nato membership offered Finland the security guarantee of Article Five, whereby an attack on one member is viewed as an attack on all.

While the two leaders met in Stockholm, Finland's security review was being launched in Helsinki. Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto said Russia's war had changed the security environment in Europe and forced the review of Finnish defence policy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61093302

Old 04-13-22, 09:43 AM   #3115
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-22, 11:47 AM   #3116
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-13-22, 12:14 PM   #3117
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Prices have increased by 10.8 percent in Russia since the beginning of this year. In the same period last year, the price increase was 2.7 percent. Almost everything has become substantially more expensive since Russia's invasion of Ukraine: from vegetables and sugar to clothing and smartphones. It is a direct result of Western sanctions against Russia. Inflation in Russia this year could end up between 17 and 20 percent, the head of Russia's accounting body said. Other analysts have predicted, according to Reuters news agency, that inflation could even rise to 23.7 percent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 04-13-22, 01:16 PM   #3118
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Economists also say Russian economy is in decline, so far by 10-15%. In 6-7 weeks. Thats a nice Russian rollercoaster ride.

Putin reverses all the little economic growth there was in the past 30 years.

As General Patton once said: if you see your enemy making mistakes, dont disturb him.
Old 04-13-22, 03:22 PM   #3119
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
A bit of a double standard then?!! Apparently Vlad the Bastard can decide the puppet-rulers in Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania...and Moldava as he seeks to restore the Iron Curtain? @ Reece: as I timorously pointed out in an earlier post, we can't asßaßinate the bugger! He's doing most of our work for us. As with cancellation of Operation Foxley, (sniping Hitler at his mountain retreat, it was decided his poor leadership was of greater benefit to the Allies)! Megalomaniac Putin, illegally deporting Ukrainan citizens to Russia, false-flag attacks, murder squads in disguise seeking Zelenski, Chechen and Syrian mercenaries, and total lies before the planet ala the neo-Nazis he purports to be eliminating, is more useful alive: I'd hate for the Russians to find someone competent! Plus, I'd prefer to see him wigglin' on a rope...after his trial at the Hague for war crimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
As General Patton once said: if you see your enemy making mistakes, dont disturb him.
PRECISELY!...I just hope his newly appointed commander isn't competent as I feared. Finland and/or Sweden joining NATO will most assuredly force Putin's bullying sabre-rattlin' 'monkey's fist' paw...causing more 'face-saving' errors?? I'm under no illusions though that when all is over this will be officially dubbed WWIII; and 'limitless friend' China will have dropped its territorial aggrandizing 'other shoe' on Taiwan...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 04-13-22, 03:51 PM   #3120
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

From liveuamap

"krainian military launched 2 Anti-ship missile Neptun at Russian navy Project 1164 Atlant cruiser Moskva near Zmeinii island, reportedly setting her on fire/causing damage - head of Odesa regional ad"

"46°48′N 32°16′E Another Russian Orlan-10 drone was shot down by the 28th Mechanized Brigade of the Ukrainian Army "

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread