SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-10, 08:06 AM   #3091
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

another request...

would it be possible to disable all this popping mouse cursors, like white and yellow hands, arrows and ****... i like moving and turning in 3d space, i often disable the UI compledly for this, but all this cursors are still popping in by turning and moving, i get stalked by the
ice-cold litte hand

Last edited by Stormfly; 06-16-10 at 08:46 AM.
Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 09:45 AM   #3092
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

added the stadimeter button to the TDC range dial. Clicking it will activate the stadimeter:

Just a couple more things to tidy up and then I'll send it out to those I usually send out test versions to so they can test it and report back the bugs if any.

EDIT:
Test version of v3.1.0 sent out to my regular testers.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-16-10 at 01:46 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 02:48 PM   #3093
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Reaper7 unknowlingly provided me the missing link I've been searching for for maintaining speed and AOB when using the stadimeter with his work on trying to implement another way to do the stadimeter
You'll notice in the screenshots below that the speed and AOB dials have a red button attached to them. This red button 'sets' the speed or AOB in the TDC so that when you use the stadimeter it doesn't reset them to zero . The whole thing is funky in how it works - Ubi really screwed everything up here.
So let's say you have a target locked. You determine it's AOB and set the AOB dial to what you calculated. Now you have to also press the AOB's red button to 'set' it into the TDC. Now you determine the target's speed and input that into the speed dial. Now you have to press the speed dial's red button to 'set' it into the TDC. Now you want to take a range reading. You click on stadimeter and determine the target's range. Now here's where things get funky - the values you 'set' are not reset to 0 - they persist BUT the AOB target value has been reset (Ubi bug ). What this means is if you mouse into the AOB dial then you will have to 'reset' the AOB to the correct value and press it's red button again to 'set' it (this is if manual input mode is enabled - if it's not enabled then mousing into the AOB dial will do nothing). Anytime you take a range reading it resets the AOB target value (this is a different value from the AOB dial's value).
Now I know someone is going to ask "Why can't it be automated?" Well the answer to that lies in the fact that I can't raise the button's click events (have tried) and I can't make the OnClick event handler fire for them either. If I could get one of them to work then there would be no need for the red buttons. Also, if I could find a way to set the TGT dials values then there would be no need for the red buttons. Once a way is found how to set dial's values (CrtVal, NewVal, etc.) it will open up a whole other level of modding SH5.
I'll write more about it and how it works tomorrow. I'm tired and wasn't going to bed until I figured this out

Not unknowlingly , I posted my thread on the stadimeter fix for everyone's benefit - I kew about the buttons posted them on the thread too. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171085
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Here are the buttons used in SH4 TDC

PageTorpedoSolution_RightPanel_Range_SendRangeButt on
PageTorpedoSolution_RightPanel_Range_StadimeterBut ton
PageTorpedoSolution_RightPanel_Speed_SendSpeedButt on
PageTorpedoSolution_RightPanel_AngleOnBow_SendAngl eOnBowButton
Have since made some interesting progress re the Mast height Send to Target
Also belive I have a way around the reste to 0 issue.
Going to work on it now
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 03:45 PM   #3094
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...another request,

there is still a UBI-bug to be fixed:

If checking "manual targeting" in the game options, your still able to switch to auto targeting by switching the TDC off via XO dialog. If switched to off and pointing on a target, you instandly have a true firing solution displayed, if the target isnt selected via space bar and the TDC is in following mode.

Request: optional -> preventing to disable switching the TDC off via XO`s dialog.

Old 06-16-10, 03:47 PM   #3095
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
...another request,

If checking "manual targeting" in the game options, your still able to switch to auto targeting by switching the TDC off via XO dialog. If switched to off and pointing on a target, you instandly have a true firing solution displayed, if the target isnt selected via space bar and the TDC is in following mode.

Request: optional -> preventing to disable switching the TDC off via XO`s dialog.
that can easily be implemented. I'll take care of it tonight when I get back home from a work call
Old 06-16-10, 04:01 PM   #3096
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
I was going to put the stadimeter button from the SH4 style dial thingy onto the range dial like I did with the red buttons just haven't done it yet. I'll do it now. What is the set range button that you speak of?
I was just guessing that since you had the Set AOB and Set Speed buttons, that you may need it for range as well...

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 04:05 PM   #3097
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
...another request,

I 2nd this request. Any difficulty beyond Normal is Manual Targeting only.

Manual Targeting also needs a TDC Reset button to Zero all TDC settings. Currently once you target something. The TDC retains those settings until you manually adjust the values. Not a big deal but helps to be able to set torpedo trajectory to Zero for snap fire shots that you really dont need the TDC to calculate.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 04:28 PM   #3098
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

first test results:

captured a good distance using the stadimeter knob. (did compare it with the TDC off cheat), data was send to tdc, torpedo hit target (range 3000).

it seams after using the tdc off cheat, the stadimeter isnt working correctly (displayed only 1100 meters instead of 3000). (maybe fixed by preventing switching it off)

after switching to external view and returning to UZO (minimum dials, SH3 interface) the gauge "Target Orientation Angle" (Lagewinkel) was missing, except the new knob for it.

i need still to open the TAI map one time to be able to auto follow a target (peri follow target). after firing on a target and breaking following mode, i wasnt able to auto follow it again for some time.

by trying to re enable auto following mode, and switching again to external view and back, i got a CTD.

Old 06-16-10, 11:32 PM   #3099
thomas cook
Swabbie

Downloads: 159

I'm also using the enhanced mode and am loving it. Great work on this mod. First time installing a mod as well and the instructions provided were easy to follow. thx Wraith!
thomas cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 09:18 AM   #3100
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
first test results:

captured a good distance using the stadimeter knob. (did compare it with the TDC off cheat), data was send to tdc, torpedo hit target (range 3000).

it seams after using the tdc off cheat, the stadimeter isnt working correctly (displayed only 1100 meters instead of 3000). (maybe fixed by preventing switching it off)

after switching to external view and returning to UZO (minimum dials, SH3 interface) the gauge "Target Orientation Angle" (Lagewinkel) was missing, except the new knob for it.

i need still to open the TAI map one time to be able to auto follow a target (peri follow target). after firing on a target and breaking following mode, i wasnt able to auto follow it again for some time.

by trying to re enable auto following mode, and switching again to external view and back, i got a CTD.
what is this TDC off cheat?
How did you switch to external view from the UZO? The dial missing is the AOB correct when you did this?

I have fixed the bug where if the TAI is minimized follow target doesn't work correctly. That was a hard one to figure out
Old 06-17-10, 10:10 AM   #3101
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v3.0.3 released. This is a bugfix version for v3.0.0 that includes all other bugfixes and fixes the bug of follow target not working correctly when the TAI is minimized. Nothing changed in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file so you can use your v3.0.2 of it.

An updated German menu.txt file is available for v3.0.x by Paco. It is included in v3.0.3.

See post #1 for details.
Old 06-17-10, 10:56 AM   #3102
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
v3.0.3 released. This is a bugfix version for v3.0.0 that includes all other bugfixes and fixes the bug of follow target not working correctly when the TAI is minimized. Nothing changed in TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file so you can use your v3.0.2 of it.

An updated German menu.txt file is available for v3.0.x by Paco. It is included in v3.0.3.

See post #1 for details.
well done fix thanks for all the work

so when we see TDC update
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 11:01 AM   #3103
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
well done fix thanks for all the work

so when we see TDC update
glad to hear it fixed the problem you and some others reported with follow target

The TDC update is out being tested right now. I hope to have it available soon. Still awaiting more feedback from the testing.
Old 06-17-10, 11:15 AM   #3104
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
glad to hear it fixed the problem you and some others reported with follow target

The TDC update is out being tested right now. I hope to have it available soon. Still awaiting more feedback from the testing.
OK WILL KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR IT

nice work again
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 11:19 AM   #3105
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
what is this TDC off cheat?
How did you switch to external view from the UZO? The dial missing is the AOB correct when you did this?

I have fixed the bug where if the TAI is minimized follow target doesn't work correctly. That was a hard one to figure out
there is still a UBI-bug (TDC-OFF CHEAT) to be fixed:

...i switched form UZO to external view using "F2"

...as the target orientation dial was missing, the AOB dial wasnt affected.

Thanks for the new fixes

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui